Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City v Tottenham CL......Porto v liverpool

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I must say, looking at the 'goal' on you tube, they're a bit unlucky there. It's not as though it was played through to Aguero by a city player, it just deflected off him. Cruel.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Pleased for Spurs, though I suspect City were the likeliest English team to win the competition.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Is Pep smug ? I’ve never got that impression really. I like both those managers. There seems a lot of hate and anger from fans in the game at the moment towards the top managers and players. They just served up a game to live long in the memory with hardly any conning going on.

Not remotely, but then neither is Eddie Howe, not that you'd know it from reading this forum.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I must say, looking at the 'goal' on you tube, they're a bit unlucky there. It's not as though it was played through to Aguero by a city player, it just deflected off him. Cruel.

Rules are rules

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I LOVE VAR.

Will they be using it next season in the championship? ???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

It is strange that a deflection doesnt put a player on side but rules them offside, seems double edged but not complaining if it makes Spurs take their foot off the gas.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Rules are rules

Indeed they are!

But looking at the players, the crowd, the ref - not one person even imagined it was remotely offside, none of the defenders appealed or anything. Much as I would have liked VAR for a few of our not given decisions in the last few months, it's this sort of delay between ecstasy and having it taken away again - when there didn't look to be any doubt, that worries me for the future. Fair enough when it's obvious and everyone knows that there might be doubt, but then?

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
1) Why was ref not shown this angle for the handball?

[tweet]1118625495959113728[/tweet]

2) For me the winner wasn't offside.

I wanted a City win as Spurs won't win it - and I don't like the Jew love in for the semis......but quite nice to see Pep's smugness dented a little.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
hopefully Pochettino will use squad rotation next Tuesday to rest a few like Son , Moura,Alderweireld Vertonghen etc and we may be able to get a draw.

Son will miss the SF first leg with his booking tonight. With Kane out, it's likely that he'll play against us.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
1) Why was ref not shown this angle for the handball?

[tweet]1118625495959113728[/tweet]

2) For me the winner wasn't offside.

I wanted a City win as Spurs won't win it - and I don't like the Jew love in for the semis......but quite nice to see Pep's smugness dented a little.

Disagree with absolutely everything you've written there.

Handball by Laporte from that angle, so goal given / clear offside with VAR / they've got a chance / inflammatory remark / personally don't think he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here