Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City v Tottenham CL......Porto v liverpool

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Given the exceptional luck city have had with VAR in the FA Cup against Swansea and us, I had a sly snigger when that goal was disallowed in injury time.

Can’t have it both ways Pep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N17

Jun 21, 2011
1) Why was ref not shown this angle for the handball?

[tweet]1118625495959113728[/tweet]

2) For me the winner wasn't offside.

I wanted a City win as Spurs won't win it - and I don't like the Jew love in for the semis......but quite nice to see Pep's smugness dented a little.

Nice phrase. You must be pleased with that one.

Spurs and Ajax fans are close. We have both adopted Jewish related nicknames for the same reasons.

Can't wait for those two games.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

Spurs and Ajax fans are close. We have both adopted Jewish related nicknames for the same reasons.

Well done on last night, N17.

I'm so glad you've ended Citeh's quadruple dream. The media hysteria was getting silly.

As an English side, good luck against Ajax. It should be a cracking two legs.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Well done on last night, N17.

I'm so glad you've ended Citeh's quadruple dream. The media hysteria was getting silly.

As an English side, good luck against Ajax. It should be a cracking two legs.

Thank you. I'm in dream land.

Please pull a win out of the bag to maintain your Premier League status (but not against us). Good luck.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
One thing we'll have to get used to with VAR is to resist going MENTAL when we score. Spurs had a lengthy review after celebrating a goal, and that was a goal that could easily have been chalked off for handball. Man City thought they'd won it, celebrated long and hard, before....oh hang on....refs got his finger in his ear. Nope, sorry boys, part of Aguero's shin was offside.

You want VAR ? You want FORENSIC decisions by pixel margins ? (forget "clear and obvious" - that ship has LONG since sailed). Well, this is the price we all have to pay. The loss of the spontaneous joy of scoring. Welcome to the new game...

Wow - that was like listening to 'defend the indefensible' on Fighting Talk.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

He has already been outed as a Palace troll N17. Now banned from this site.

Well done on last night by the way.

You want VAR ? You want FORENSIC decisions by pixel margins ? (forget "clear and obvious" - that ship has LONG since sailed). Well, this is the price we all have to pay. The loss of the spontaneous joy of scoring. Welcome to the new game...
Yeah, let's have instant injustice so that the wrong team goes through. That's much better then wasting a whole minute.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah, let's have instant injustice so that the wrong team goes through. That's much better then wasting a whole minute.

Did you see the PSG v Man Utd penalty decision that sent Utd through at their expense ? How about the Danny Rose pen in the first leg (which was fortunately saved). Lorente's handball goal last night could easily have been chalked off, probably should have been in the current climate of "if it touches your hand/arm, deliberate or not then its a foul".

The point is, you're using forensics in football now for subjective decisions that are often still opinions. It was only supposed to come in to correct "clear and obvious errors" by the referee. Is it though ? Looks like its being used for just about everything to me now, clear and obvious or not. Some say wonderful, and sometimes it will work well. But there is a price.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The offside wasn't offside. You can only be offside if the ball is played forward by your own team mates. Bernardo didn't play the ball to aguero, it deflected off his foot. Had that been the other way around being a deflection back to the keeper, would the ref deem it a back pass had the keeper picked it up? No. Ridiculous decision.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The offside wasn't offside. You can only be offside if the ball is played forward by your own team mates. Bernardo didn't play the ball to aguero, it deflected off his foot. Had that been the other way around being a deflection back to the keeper, would the ref deem it a back pass had the keeper picked it up? No. Ridiculous decision.

I thought that initially - but actually the law says that you're offside if the ball is played by or 'touched' by a team mate.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought that initially - but actually the law says that you're offside if the ball is played by or 'touched' by a team mate.

Although level is supposed to be onside.

Aguero was level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here