Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drinking culture

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would be utterly shocked if they don't. It is absolutely critical to keeping the players in optimum shape over a season. If they didn't test all that it is pretty neglegent and are they just guessing at how to do it!?

This is also negligent :smile:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
These threads only seem to come up when we are not doing well and people are looking for excuses. It's not wrong to have a reasonable social life, i doubt there is a 'drinking culture'.

Jimmy Grimble

Maybe they should all go out and drink more as the man many were lauding as player of the season on here is certainly partial to a few shandies.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Is this thread still rumbling on?! There is no drinking culture nor is there any evidence. What is there left to discuss? Actually don’t answer that because this thread just needs to fall off Page 1 and disappear :)

Not quite true - as one of our players found out recently....

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Who, what and when?

I'm not outing the player on here - but as stated by others there have been players sighted in town in situations which are probably not wise. In this recent case the players behaviour fell well short of what most people would deem acceptable even if it was a night off.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm not outing the player on here - but as stated by others there have been players sighted in town in situations which are probably not wise. In this recent case the players behaviour fell well short of what most people would deem acceptable even if it was a night off.

This just adds to the hyperbole though, there’s nothing substantiated. Just judgements of situations that are probably entirely reasonable?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
My understanding is that players gamma glutamyl transferase levels are checked by blood tests routinely every 14 days, and occasionally ad-hoc if suspicion is aroused. GGT levels are elevated when extended consumption of alcohol takes place, and they cannot be masked or hid. The simplest way to bring GGT levels down is to reduce alcohol consumption quickly, and for a sustained period. The club knows precisely who is drinking what levels, therefore. And gets new news every fortnight, to enable action to be taken. High GGT is a very serious impediment to performance and endurance.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
My understanding is that players gamma glutamyl transferase levels are checked by blood tests routinely every 14 days, and occasionally ad-hoc if suspicion is aroused. GGT levels are elevated when extended consumption of alcohol takes place, and they cannot be masked or hid. The simplest way to bring GGT levels down is to reduce alcohol consumption quickly, and for a sustained period. The club knows precisely who is drinking what levels, therefore. And gets new news every fortnight, to enable action to be taken. High GGT is a very serious impediment to performance and endurance.

When you say it is your 'understanding'... do you mean that you know for a FACT that the Albion test the first team players in this way?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here