Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Surely now is the time to utilise our development squad?!?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
People are moaning about our lack of pace, exuberance and movement, yet certain of those people claim it’s not the right time to bring forward our youth players.... why the **** not?

Pace, a winning mentality, desire to shine vs. worn out, lacking confidence, shot to shit, no pace, and no heart.

Some always say, its the wrong time... bollocks... now is the time for springing surprises, unknown quantities and some sodding energy.

As long as the balance is struck, vs experience it might just refresh our performances.

Chris however, is tried and tested all day long :(

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"Brighton and Hove Albion Development Squad wait patiently for first team opportunities."

Attachments

• JS49027666.jpg
    JS49027666.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 487

George Burke

Sep 17, 2018
Sussex
I can't see that it would do any harm. Somethings got to change. Maybe these players actually look like they want to win/ play under Hughton.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Might as well give them a go. A few of them will be first team regulars in the Championship next season...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Kosh, cut back on the drugs :wink:

Christ, it’s all these herbal infusions... i’m not sure what’s in these nettle and hawthorn bad boys BUT BOY...

Time for another cuppa.

There’s the rub though - under CH it’s NEVER going to happen. And yet, no one could do worse than the ‘team’ that’s been put out in our last two fixtures. No one.

It’s highly frustrating.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Christ, it’s all these herbal infusions... i’m not sure what’s in these nettle and hawthorn bad boys BUT boy...

Time for another cuppa.

There’s the rub though - under CH it’s NEVER going to happen. And yet, no one could do worse than the ‘team’ that’s been put out in our last two fixtures. No one.

It’s highly frustrating.

I think changing the manager rather than using the youth under CH is likely to work out better for us!

You are right on one count, the kids would almost certainly have shown more desire.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I think changing the manager rather than using the youth under CH is likely to work out better for us!

We both called it right pre-season, re our likely struggles and i’m making the call that no change in management is going to come, deep down we all know it.

Mind boggling to us as fans it might be, but the board will never forcibly remove CH... he looks very ‘safe’ in his post match interviews, he knows he’s going nowhere regardless of the outcome of this season... so much so, I’d say he’s been assured of that fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"Brighton and Hove Albion Development Squad wait patiently for first team opportunities."

Is that you, back row, second from the end on the right ???

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

You are right on one count, the kids would almost certainly have shown more desire.

The kids had a big game on Monday night against Everton and blew it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't know apart from messing up a penalty. Are there any stats available?

Please don’t tell me that this shit defensive style runs through all age groups at the club :down:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
They are in the development for a reason. They aren't good enough for the first team.

You don't win anything with kids...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
People are moaning about our lack of pace, exuberance and movement, yet certain of those people claim it’s not the right time to bring forward our youth players.... why the **** not?

Pace, a winning mentality, desire to shine vs. worn out, lacking confidence, shot to shit, no pace, and no heart.

Some always say, its the wrong time... bollocks... now is the time for springing surprises, unknown quantities and some sodding energy.

As long as the balance is struck, vs experience it might just refresh our performances.

Chris however, is tried and tested all day long :(

I was talking about to an elderly Albion fan today, who suggested as to why we haven't utilised the development squad, especially Aaron Connolly.
They did have a good point, wise words from an elder :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Having watched the game against Everton, there was (with one exception) no-one who looked like they should be banging on the door for the first team. They had plenty of possession in the first half but just kept passing backwards. They had a bit more urgency in the second half but I don't recall a serious shot on goal and in the last 10 minutes, they pushed a centre back upfront, who kept fouling everyone. Although it was only 1-0, in truth, Everton several decent chances.

The one exception for Brighton was the left back, Cochrane, who showed some serious pace, plenty of skill and an excellent crossing ability. I'd like to see him again but no-one else really stood out for me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here