Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Surely now is the time to utilise our development squad?!?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I was having a chat today with a doddery old Albion fan..... kept going on about Bobby Smith...not really sure what he was on about just humoured him until the nurse arrived to change his diaper and put him down for his afternoon nap.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Having watched the game against Everton, there was (with one exception) no-one who looked like they should be banging on the door for the first team. They had plenty of possession in the first half but just kept passing backwards. They had a bit more urgency in the second half but I don't recall a serious shot on goal and in the last 10 minutes, they pushed a centre back upfront, who kept fouling everyone. Although it was only 1-0, in truth, Everton several decent chances.

The one exception for Brighton was the left back, Cochrane, who showed some serious pace, plenty of skill and an excellent crossing ability. I'd like to see him again but no-one else really stood out for me

This ^

Thought Ahannach looked worse than the first team wingers, wouldn’t take full back on and at 23 should be near to full potential. Molumby didn’t really show much but Sanders looked bright in 2nd half. Cochrane was our best player by a mile and impressed the Everton commentators.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This ^

Thought Ahannach looked worse than the first team wingers, wouldn’t take full back on and at 23 should be near to full potential. Molumby didn’t really show much but Sanders looked bright in 2nd half. Cochrane was our best player by a mile and impressed the Everton commentators.
Thought Sanders and Molumbey both looked OK, especially Sanders. Only saw the second half though, and tbh I thought the team did pretty well. You're right, though, Cochrane was our outstanding player. Trouble is, he's a left back, and Bernardo isn't the first name on the list of first teamers we'd like to see dropped.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Having watched the game against Everton, there was (with one exception) no-one who looked like they should be banging on the door for the first team. They had plenty of possession in the first half but just kept passing backwards. They had a bit more urgency in the second half but I don't recall a serious shot on goal and in the last 10 minutes, they pushed a centre back upfront, who kept fouling everyone. Although it was only 1-0, in truth, Everton several decent chances.

The one exception for Brighton was the left back, Cochrane, who showed some serious pace, plenty of skill and an excellent crossing ability. I'd like to see him again but no-one else really stood out for me[/

Did all of the team who played last look like they should be in the first team, NO. Bunch of over paid wankers with no passion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Gyökeres did well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here