Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next season

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I'd argue they've been our most consistent performers. Top two goalscorers? Murray and Duffy. Top two assisters? Knocky and solly. Whereas the big-money cohort of Ali J, Bissouma, Izquierdo and Locadia, costing almost 60 million, have managed a grand total of 0 league goals. Not saying we shouldn't move on from the championship players, because we should or we'll never progress, but they've been the ones who've come closest to making a fist of keeping us here

Locadia has definitely scored in the League. Boxing day vs Arsenal springs to mind ?

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
As he plays in centre midfield and he’s not really a ball winner is he, we would have to think about whether we can go with Gross at 10 or shore it up a bit by playing a proper 4-5-1...
If we go 4-4-1-1 then we lose a wide man. I do like him though.

Not like any of our wingers have been effective or anything.

The Albion

Apr 15, 2019
Agree that we should be targeting players with proven PL experience if we stay up, even from relegated sides.

I’d take an Aaron Mooy as an upgrade on Stephens or Propper any day.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Ditch Chris, I think that the current squad is capable of getting results, only not with Chris's direction.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
24 hours hasn’t mellowed me, I still think CH is just as big a problem as the players everyone is now pointing fingers at. We apparently have a Championship squad, I think we also have a Championship manager.

I won’t be at all thrilled if he is still at the helm next season but I am pretty sure that he will be.

I agree.
Hughton has to go, whether we stay up or not.The thought of him in charge next season is thoroughly depressing.
The last two games have shown that he is not up to the task and I don't think he has the total respect of all the players, any more.
Get rid, and let a fresh pair of eyes together with Ashworth, decide what we need to strengthen the squad.
Regrettably, I don't think Bloom will gooner him, though.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
In truth we've tried to stay up on the cheap with probably a moneyball type strategy , this worked to a degree last season but it's now being found out . if we do survive which i think we will , then the whole player purchasing system will need a major overhaul , it's such a gamble laying out the £40 million or so for the top players but at some point the club needs to identify it's own ambition and if it wants to forever remain a #teamlikebrighton ,when these top price players come on to the market we should not count ourselves out of their signatures if we seriously want to become a better football team ,the money we have generated thus far from being in this division will not have paid off Mr Blooms loans , but i would imagine he has started to see a return on his initial outlay , ultimately i think he must sit down and decide if he wants to push on even further financially and see us climb the ladder or just fumble around in his pocket for cheapo players that on advice would be good for the club , it's absolutely imperative we stay in this league but for now we have to do it with what we have , good luck CH on that , this is for sure a a balancing act of huge proportions in the clubs history but before we know it's future we simply must avoid relegation , (thank you captain obvious ) comments welcomed .

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
If we stayed up, big if........ and I know it’s not popular, but I’d take Alex Pritchard.... and Aaron Mooy from Hudds, and Cairney or Mitrovich from Fulham. (We’d never get Sessegnon)
Huddersfield supporters don't rate Pritchard at all. Plus on £110k apparently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here