Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next season

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If by some miracle or fluke we stay up, what do you think are the most important things we need to do as a club?

Hit the transfer market hard?
Look to replace the manager?
Off load some if not all the big signings, like locadia, jahanbash, proper,?
Recall our on loan players and keep them in the squad set up?
Sell players who we would get money for to bring in fresh talent, like dunk for example?

Or do we carry on as we are with the view that it us the second season syndrome and we are another years experience in?

Chatting in the hotel bar last night to a West Ham fan and he said that gold has told perrigini to have a clear out and practically start again, but with a war chest of around £200m. I am sure we haven’t got that sort of money swashing about but if that is what it takes, will be just be in the same position next year and beyond?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
If we are in this league next season we will need a clear out of 6 or 7 players, possibly more or it will be deja vu next season.
Supporters need to move on and accept that some of those that done us well in the championship cannot cut it in the premier league.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If we are in this league next season we will need a clear out of 6 or 7 players, possibly more or it will be deja vu next season.
Supporters need to move on and accept that some of those that done us well in the championship cannot cut it in the premier league.

....or those we bought for the premier are championship standard at the very best

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Whatever division we’re in then a major clear out is required as clearly this squad in midfield/striker positions isn’t good enough- really need to move quickly and cut our losses on Ali J and Loco to start with, none of our midfield/strikers in my view are definite starters next season- perhaps only Solly? Andone is ok as a squad player and Muz the same so that means 2 new strikers. Our current midfield is poor but I would try and keep Biss.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
One strategy that needs looking at is the one of loyalty to players not in form it is after all a squad game but of the 25 man squad there are several who never had a chance of a game due to the staying loyal policy.

Loyalty to the established players is fine to a point , but if they are out of form they should face the axe just like anyone else.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Whatever division we’re in then a major clear out is required as clearly this squad in midfield/striker positions isn’t good enough- really need to move quickly and cut our losses on Ali J and Loco to start with, none of our midfield/strikers in my view are definite starters next season- perhaps only Solly? Andone is ok as a squad player and Muz the same so that means 2 new strikers. Our current midfield is poor but I would try and keep Biss.

Maybe this is a bit of a harsh statement but I am not convinced about andone either. One decent game against palace and that is about it for me! Considering we were chasing him for years, I am underwhelmed

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
One strategy that needs looking at is the one of loyalty to players not in form it is after all a squad game but of the 25 man squad there are several who never had a chance of a game due to the staying loyal policy.

Loyalty to the established players is fine to a point , but if they are out of form they should face the axe just like anyone else.

Spot on

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I don't think clearing Locadia and Ali J out will be that easy as they're on decent money and long contracts. Loaning them back to Holland will probably be the best we can do. I can imagine permanent transfers would break down over personal terms. Anyway, we're told Ali J plays better in his second season with a club ...

Bissouma is potentially our most talented player but whether we have the coaching staff to bring it out of him is debatable.

But let's imagine that we got acceptable offers for every player, the only ones I'd insist on keeping would be Dunk, Duffy, Bernardo, Bissouma, Kayal, Stephens, Solly and Gross. Andone is borderline.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Personally, our strategy of combing the European leagues looking for bargain deals has backfired in too many cases in one season. Last season we had reasonable success with Ryan, Gross, Propper, and Izquierdo. This season it simply hasn't worked, and when we've needed a change of options, we haven't had the back up.

I'd like to see us go for some proven Championship performers, or perhaps those available from relegated teams that despite going down, have shown the willing to fight and battle for results. We've not mixed up our transfer policy enough, we've taken too many risks, and not enough experience in English football. We need to finally realise that £17m on a player shining in the Dutch league is not necessarily going to be anymore effective than spending that same money on a player performing well in the Championship.

We've currently got half a squad with fantastic YouTube compilation videos, but zero contributions on the pitch.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

I'd argue they've been our most consistent performers. Top two goalscorers? Murray and Duffy. Top two assisters? Knocky and solly. Whereas the big-money cohort of Ali J, Bissouma, Izquierdo and Locadia, costing almost 60 million, have managed a grand total of 0 league goals. Not saying we shouldn't move on from the championship players, because we should or we'll never progress, but they've been the ones who've come closest to making a fist of keeping us here

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s interesting that everyone above is in unison that our squad/team is clearly inadequate.

Until this moment, half the supporter base have blamed CH for all our woes, saying repeatedly that our players are all quality.

The penny’s dropped.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Supporters need to move on? The manager needs to move on from the championship bunch

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'd argue they've been our most consistent performers. Top two goalscorers? Murray and Duffy. Top two assisters? Knocky and solly. Whereas the big-money cohort of Ali J, Bissouma, Izquierdo and Locadia, costing almost 60 million, have managed a grand total of 0 league goals. Not saying we shouldn't move on from the championship players, because we should or we'll never progress, but they've been the ones who've come closest to making a fist of keeping us here
Maybe that’s because they hardly play ffs.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Maybe that’s because they hardly play ffs.

Has CH played Izzy ans Ali J together yet? I feel like that might give us something. Please don't kill me over this post as it is just my opinion.

Izzy March Ali j

I think we might get somewhere with that.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Has CH played Izzy ans Ali J together yet? I feel like that might give us something. Please don't kill me over this post as it is just my opinion.

Izzy March Ali j

I think we might get somewhere with that.
Locadia as a number 9 would definitely give us something he was hitting a bit of form scoring against Arsenal Leicester then pulled out the squad again just bizarre. Murray hasn’t scored at home since Palace pen absolutely shocking decision making from Hughton.

To answer your question don’t think so mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here