Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
What exactly does he do or what is his influence ? Ever since he turned up things have gone from bad to worse, has he stuck his nose in and upset the team and Hughton ? Will he stick around for the Championship ?
Don't think you are wrong there mr E even if you possibly s$$$ stirring .

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I asked the same question.

Funny how no one has a clue what he does :lolol:

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
What exactly does he do or what is his influence ? Ever since he turned up things have gone from bad to worse, has he stuck his nose in and upset the team and Hughton ? Will he stick around for the Championship ?

It’s a fair challenge- I don’t think he’ll hang around if/when we go down and Barber will also be off

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Wasnt this discussed on a similar titled thread?

Yes, it was me but mine was very toungue in cheek after our recent displays.
But you can't help but wonder after all it wouldn't be the first time someone has been bought in and upset the applecart, we don't know if Chris was happy with the appointment or what Ashworth is really like, he could be a mad axe murderer for all we know.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor

That is it nailed, joined in mid Feb and been downhill ever since, not that we weren't dog before that. He might well be the reason though, he saw them in training, has identified who needs culling and our overrated overpaid primadonas have spat the dummy.

If that's the case, having witnessed our last 3 home games, he might be the man for the job

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Barber leads by 'email'. His nitpicking and self promotion could go down in Albion history as one of the best examples of 'rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic'. Ashworth was surely bought in to grow the infrastructure of the business based on a PL income. If we get relegated the decisions around flasks, bottle tops and recruitment of mid tier management will seem very 'unfocused'. Not sure Barber can just walk away as I believe he is now a part shareholder.
What is for sure is that Tony Bloom believes in continuity, and largely I agree with that. A new manager would have the same issues as CH, and surely CH is best placed to know the issues the team faces. the best managers are those that create options around how to deal with 'issues' and make brave choices on how to rectify them. Will CH put himself in that bracket come the end of the season. If we survive then I think he deserves another season with the backing of the Board to make improvements to the playing squad.
In terms of Barber, if we go down, then fingers need to point to him in terms of the club getting ahead of itself on the commercial front and being unfocused on the fact that the success of the team is the key priority, to all of its 'customers'.

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Good grief. Barber leads by email? So that’ll be the email that has him attending every game (no matter what the level), meeting with all the players and backroom staff, driving every initiative to help the club make money so it can recruit players, recruiting the national side’s technical director who is highly sought?

Some fans at this club need their heads banging together.

How can you tell if an airplane is full of Albion fans? You can still hear the whining after the engines have been shutdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Good grief. Barber leads by email? So that’ll be the email that has him attending every game (no matter what the level), meeting with all the players and backroom staff, driving every initiative to help the club make money so it can recruit players, recruiting the national side’s technical director who is highly sought?

I've seen Paul Barber at Under 23s matches before.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Assume it is related but around the same time Dan Ashworth started Paul Holder, who was Head of Academy Coaching, left the club. Assume he jumped before he was pushed or there was some disagreement. Ian Buckman, who was the Assistant Academy Manager, took over as Head of Academy Coaching in Paul Holder's place.

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Around the time Ashworth started, I noticed council tax increases, a spike in child obesity, more homelessness on the streets of Brighton, and I’m sure I saw a horned beast eating babies under the Family Stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If everyone's bothered about Barbers emails, why don't they block him and put into spam, its fashionable too!

Why would you send an email to someone you've blocked? Aren't his legendary emails just responses to fans who have bothered to contact him in first place?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here