Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] OMG - just got online and saw he still hasn't resigned!!

NOBODY has mentioned that the change in fortunaes came in the new year WHEN DAN ARRIVED!!! Maybe Dan has had much more influence on the team sheet than we know - may be Dan should/will go??

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
I thought Dan Ashworth wrote the letter, he just had to sign it...

Interview on 19th February, Brighton's new technical director Dan Ashworth says his aim is to keep manager Chris Hughton in a job for as long as possible.
It’s not for me to come in and judge. I need to understand how the club works. I need to understand how the academy works, the recruitment, medical department, first team and all those things, the culture of the club. It’s really just to look and learn over the next three months and find some areas where we’re under-resourced, some areas we can tweak a few things and join up a bit more maybe in some cases, and try to support the people that have already done a very good job in trying to achieve the goals for Brighton.

“He [Bloom] wants this to be a sustainable Premier League club. The longer we can stay in the Premier League, maybe that can give us a springboard to try and get further up the league, maybe a cup run and who knows? But every year is about retaining Premier League status.”

That's going well then Dan!

D

Deleted member 2719

I have also been away from the internet all day and was expecting to see a club statement saying we parted with Chris, thanks for all he has done.

The last 4 games Club legend Bruno will step in.

Surely it has to come in the next hour or so.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Interview on 19th February, Brighton's new technical director Dan Ashworth says his aim is to keep manager Chris Hughton in a job for as long as possible.
It’s not for me to come in and judge. I need to understand how the club works. I need to understand how the academy works, the recruitment, medical department, first team and all those things, the culture of the club. It’s really just to look and learn over the next three months and find some areas where we’re under-resourced, some areas we can tweak a few things and join up a bit more maybe in some cases, and try to support the people that have already done a very good job in trying to achieve the goals for Brighton.

“He [Bloom] wants this to be a sustainable Premier League club. The longer we can stay in the Premier League, maybe that can give us a springboard to try and get further up the league, maybe a cup run and who knows? But every year is about retaining Premier League status.”

That's going well then Dan!

That sounds like what is said when a company puts an employee on a 'Performance Enhancement Program' or suchlike.

Generally it's a HR punishment plan where an employee has to continually justify themselves as a prelude to redundancy or sacking. The writing is on the wall, I reckon.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No point in resigning now. Four games to go. Just get behind the team. Post mortem end of season.

It's dreamy thinking that a new manager would suddenly turn it round. It would only be a temporary move up anyway.

These threads are becoming tiresome now.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If I was already a millionaire - of course I would resign.....I wouldn't do a job I know I couldn't do .....and piss off 60k people or so.......so I could get even more money.

Yes, of course you'd resign :facepalm: Take your wage, now triple it to account for three years - if your employer said you were shit would you resign and not take three years salary via a settlement agreement ?? Really ??

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I thought I recall seeing an interview with Bloom or a piece about him that suggested that even if we were relegated Hughton's job would be safe because he would be the best person to get us re-promoted. I don't expect a resignation at all.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Will the end of season awards thing still go ahead? Bit weird if it does imho, regardless of whether we stay up. Hardly covered ourselves in glory, FA Cup semi notwithstanding.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No point in resigning now. Four games to go. Just get behind the team. Post mortem end of season.

It's dreamy thinking that a new manager would suddenly turn it round. It would only be a temporary move up anyway.

These threads are becoming tiresome now.

Aye ..its gone beyond an understandable reaction

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here