Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Kayal should be on the front 11 team sheet every game. I can understand his frustration watching Stephens f**k up at every opportunity whilst he has no say in the game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But he doesn't just pass backwards and sideways. Most of the balls out to the wings to set up attacks were played by Stephens.
EVERY other player plays the ball backwards at times but when Stephens does it he gets moaned at.

Stephens steals a PL living by continually making timid passes of which his manager heartily approves. Fair play to the player and his manager for playing the PL moneyball game and providing for their families. And I genuinely mean that. Which of us wouldn't do the same in their position?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Stephens steals a PL living by making timid passes. Fair play to the player for playing the PL moneyball game and providing for his family. And I genuinely mean that. Which of us wouldn't do the same in his position?

Salient point.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Stephens steals a PL living by making timid passes. Fair play to the player for playing the PL moneyball game and providing for his family. And I genuinely mean that. Which of us wouldn't do the same in his position?

He is a good premier league player.
Sure he has had bad games but who hasn't?
I find the vendetta against him from some of our so called fans absolutely pathetic.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I find the vendetta against him from some of our so called fans absolutely pathetic.

Perhaps they have a point and find you pathetic, just a thought.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

He has his qualities but to say he’s a good player by premier league standards isn’t true is it

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
This, with bells on. Stephens is quite happy hiding behind CH satisfaction with his sideways / backwards performance. He'd maintain he's only following orders. However, by any normal criteria, we need to be less Stephens and more Kayal. Else it'll be more of the same next season, except with an even worse outcome.

Surely there’ll be a major rethink of where the club is going football-wise, and with recruitment, over the summer, if we stay up. For now it’s all about staggering over the line

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Don't give a shit about DS as an individual either way to be honest. However, he is the epitome of our piss poor gutless midfield who are always happy to hide (Kayal being about the sole honourable exception) and bank their wages. They might fool the manager, but they're not fooling anybody in the cheap seats.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stephens is allegedly shit and Propper is crocked. Who should partner Kayal for the rest of the season then.

I personally don’t buy into the Stephen’s is shit theory btw. He is a mainstay of Hughton’s team and tactics.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
He has his qualities but to say he’s a good player by premier league standards isn’t true is it

Yes it is. It is why so many commentators rave about him when we have been on tv.
Bossed the midfield in the Palace game for example and around the start of Jan there were people on the radio saying he should be considered for England - disagree with that but he IS a good player and very underrated by far too many.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Don't give a shit about DS as an individual either way to be honest. However, he is the epitome of our piss poor gutless midfield who are always happy to hide (Kayal being about the sole honourable exception) and bank their wages. They might fool the manager, but they're not fooling anybody in the cheap seats.

Stephens happy to hide???? He's the only one of the midfield who puts in a tackle! (apart from Kayal but he hasn't been playing).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yes it is. It is why so many commentators rave about him when we have been on tv.
Bossed the midfield in the Palace game for example and around the start of Jan there were people on the radio saying he should be considered for England - disagree with that but he IS a good player and very underrated by far too many.

He's the new Ashley Barnes amongst our fans.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010

So you think DS is gutless? I'm sorry but what ever you think of him quality wise he is far from gutless. Even against Cardiff where he looked shot to bits, crowd on his back, he still made tackles, and didn't hide from the ball like some. Yer okay he doesn't run around like Kayal but he holds his position very well. Stephens is one of our most important players and when picking a starting 11 for us he is and rightly so one of the first names on the sheet. If we stay up and want to improve we will need to replace some players, but that goes for all of them in the end.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
His pass success rate is often poor which I'm guessing may be a factor. (as may the clumsy tackle vs Leicester)
Despite many people thinking Stephens' passing is poor and that he gives away the ball a lot he has a far better pass success rate than Kayal.
I think however Kayal brings an energy to the midfield that Propper doesn't and a maturity that Bissouma doesn't.
Kayal and Stephens for the rest of the season for me - with that area of the pitch being a priority for strengthening in the summer

Agree , I wouldn't put him in the team for his passing ability but wow he has more energy and commitment than many and that rattles opponents. Regards the penalty ,you could say the same for Proper's challenge in the CPFC away game but in that game we got a winner so it is forgotten.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Kayal had a disagreement with Hughton which resulted in him being dropped from 1st Team.
Only got back due to Bissouma current knee injury and then Propper coming off.
Kayal was MOM yesterday.
If Hughton remains will Kayal?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here