Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There’s trouble at t’mill

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
(I hope we stay up, simply so you have 4 fewer Faversham-Amex commutes per season. That’s more important than anything).

It is. The fewer games the better.

I am reminded of Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. Cook, musing on 'Squatter', wished him a strage kind of peace. 'Death'. If death came to my Amex attendance, or the other way round, everyone would be happier. Fact.

Take it easy, squire. :thumbsup:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Most people haven’t noted that CH in 2019 has made the team less defensive, in that; the FB’s, Propper and Stephens push forward, we don’t sit deep and we have the ball more. BUT, we are then picked on the counter by everyone. It’s failed. The much maligned deep defence brought us points.

We haven’t got the quality of player.

I watched the “highlights” of last night earlier (yes, I know, some sort of masochism). Even at 0-2, both Propper and Stephens were staying behind the ball, ambling around the centre circle when we were attacking. Playing 2 defensive midfielders is fairly conservative against Cardiff anyway, but at 0-2? Not sure if it’s coaching instructions or that neither is capable of making a run forward. Does rather explain the lack of goals from either (hard to score from the centre circle, unless you’re Steve Sidwell)

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
I like many others like to watch the warm up just see who looks up for it who's sulking for example Locardia around Christmas, yesterday I was watching Andone hen was messing around with Locardia while four of the other subs were playing keep ball Locardia was in the middle and he lost the ball Andone said somthing and the coach steeped in and Andone apologised and Locardia jogged away he shoved Andone they were all smiles but I did wonder, then during the game Andone was out warming up several times where he appeared to have a lot to say to whoever was also out warming up

probably something along the lines " I cant believe im benched for this Murray fella"

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No, he was sold to Sheff Utd when we were in League 1, and they were a Championship club. We got £250K for him. There was no cloud as far as I can remember. He did fall out with Warnock at Sheff Utd, but then who didn't?

No, we were a Championship side then too.

Cullip was absolutely one of my heroes and a legend for us but there was no doubt he was a bit of an issue for some of the more timid players. Back in the Withdean days when we could hear pretty much everything that was said on the pitch you could hear him destroy team mates. Poor Robbie Pethick has probably still not recovered!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
“The dressing room atmosphere was still strong but the relationship between manager and players wasn’t as strong because he didn’t bring us in. There was a strain with some of the bigger known players which dented the relationship with the players which took affect on the performances on the pitch.”

Taken from an interview with Leon Barnett ex Norwich on CH

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Most people haven’t noted that CH in 2019 has made the team less defensive, in that; the FB’s, Propper and Stephens push forward, we don’t sit deep and we have the ball more. BUT, we are then picked on the counter by everyone. It’s failed. The much maligned deep defence brought us points.

We haven’t got the quality of player.

Doesn’t seem to have worked much on the attacking side of things either given the number of goals scored by Stephens and Propper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Cullip was absolutely one of my heroes and a legend for us but there was no doubt he was a bit of an issue for some of the more timid players. Back in the Withdean days when we could hear pretty much everything that was said on the pitch you could hear him destroy team mates. Poor Robbie Pethick has probably still not recovered!

There was nothing poor or timid about Pethick.

Ive heard Bobby Zamora laugh about the leaders on the pitch at Withdean. Charlie, Danny & Chippy 'threatening' to duff him up if he didn't score. I got the impression Bobster was very fond of his team mates, not threatened.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

In a nutshell this is what I was referring to and it became a wider issue for the manager hence the club decision to sell.

There was nothing poor or timid about Pethick.

Ive heard Bobby Zamora laugh about the leaders on the pitch at Withdean. Charlie, Danny & Chippy 'threatening' to duff him up if he didn't score. I got the impression Bobster was very fond of his team mates, not threatened.

But Bobby wasn’t ‘one of the more timid’ players was he? He was a fancy pants 30 goal a season striker unlikely to cop much flak beyond ‘banter’.

If however you’re younger, or you yourself are a confidence player being continually balled out by a leader minute by minute it’s not everyone’s cup of tea and you might play within yourself or stop trying anything outside the very basic.

Perhaps what we have at the moment is a perceived more senior player questioning some of the more recent acquisitions abilities/heart and the club captain isn’t mediating or takes the opposing view[Bruno not Dunk] and neither is the manager as he might work to a ‘the squad needs to sort this type of stuff out for itself’ rule based on his own playing days.

There are countless stories of squads of old dealing with this sort of stuff by going out on a bender [see Arsenal under George Graham], ironing out any kinks and putting the world to rights but I’d argue when some of those who’ve had their noses bent out of shape by Duffy/A.N.Other are the likes of Andone, Propper, Bissouma, Ali J and maybe Izquierdo aren’t the type to engage in that type of activity. You then have an almost unfixable chasm that even last season could have been bridged by the likes of Sidwell or Rosenior but this season can’t.

I’m not claiming to have played to any standard and my most relevant experience would have been my Uni team that was successful but had a wobble due to cultural differences [we had a Spaniard, German, Sudanese and two Italians] and it was really difficult to resolve certain dynamics and that definitely impacted performances at times.

My guess would be that we have several foreign new additions who perhaps think they should be playing week in week out despite not played in premier league before believing they are the bees knees and simply Duffy March DUNK and the like telling them they ain't doing what is needed for the benefit of the team..scrap and fight put bodies on the line get hurt out back down from the ugly side of game

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'd like to see Bruno play wearing a big wig

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here