Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There’s trouble at t’mill

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It is quite simply so easy to blame the players, rather than the manager in this situation though. That's the irony of it, when Hughton is criticised people claim his critics lack 'long term vision'; but often forget our team was capable of producing results up until we changed from 4-4-1-1 to 4-3-3 and then stuck to 4-3-3 irrespective of our performances and results.

Players didn't just choose to play 4-3-3....

Whether it's sport or business the manager should know what's going on, should work to build the right culture, should mould the players / staff to execute the plan correctly and appraise the team to identify the great stuff and highlight the stuff that can be improved, ultimately weeding out the bad apples!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is quite simply so easy to blame the players, rather than the manager in this situation though. That's the irony of it, when Hughton is criticised people claim his critics lack 'long term vision'; but often forget our team was capable of producing results up until we changed from 4-4-1-1 to 4-3-3 and then stuck to 4-3-3 irrespective of our performances and results.

The fans and NSC wanted it though. Blame us. Problem solved!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Locadia bitching to the Dutch media like some weasel just before Christmas is a sign

He'll be getting that big club move any day now I expect. Off of our stepping stone.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Your final sentence makes some sense. I've long thought that Bruno is the cement that holds it all together, and with Lewis Dunk being such a young captain, when Bruno isn't around the dressing room to dampen the disquiet what happens?

I'm sure I read something recently that even though Bruno wasn't playing he was still in the dressing room in his roll as club captain, maybe no away games but for home games

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
The fans and NSC wanted it though. Blame us. Problem solved!

Absolutely, the fans were crying for more expansive stuff and Hughton did infact deliver on changing how we played football. Possession has increased and we are seeing more shots at goal (accuracy on the other hand..). However, was mid-season the right time to change how we play? probably not, because we haven't got the players to play 4-3-3 - but they do know 4-4-1-1.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Have to be careful with a thread like this that we don't turn into the angry villagers with pitch folks demanding a victim!

Football always has and always will be a collective sport! The team now collectively needs to get their shop in order!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Have to be careful with a thread like this that we don't turn into the angry villagers with pitch folks demanding a victim!

Football always has and always will be a collective sport! The team now collectively needs to get their shop in order![/QUOTE]

Totally agree..because not one individual is going to turn this around.....Peple called for Biss,,,then Andone...then PG ...now Kayal.....has to be the 11 playing as a team

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

We've barely played 433. It's basically 451 for the large majority of most games.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No coincidence we won three on the bounce with Kayal in the side he was fuming last night, and with the shite on the pitch in his position I can’t blame him.

He battles and drives forward Hughton has lost the plot with his Stephens obsession.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The team now collectively needs to get their shop in order!

With all the fruit puns in the thread, that'll be the green-gross-er.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
4-5-1 would imply that we overload the midfield.

We don't overload the midfield. Most of our dispossession come from the midfield. Our defence has been over exposed due to the midfield losing to the opposition..

Precisely. Because there's a lack of forward options because Bissouma has often been in place of Gross and he sits naturally much deeper than Gross, whilst our wide men in the defensive phases are often still pretty much on top of their full backs. Often the ball turns over in the deep midfield areas as a result of a lack of forward passing options coupled with good opposition pressing, meaning that quick opposition players have less players to run at or past in order to get into good positions. It's still 451. We're just playing it poorly.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
We've had disruptive players before; Cullip, Knight McCammon and the like.
Managers did what was necessary, even if it looked like weakening the team in the short term.
The team must always be bigger than any one player, if one or two players are creating disquiet, they MUST be removed for the good of the club.
Manager MUST command respect, end-of.
So, IS it taxi for Duffy?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Managers did what was necessary, even if it looked like weakening the team in the short term.
The team must always be bigger than any one player, if one or two players are creating disquiet, they MUST be removed for the good of the club.

Cullip, really?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Now I heard something from someone as few weeks that at the time I brushed off as the usual bollocks talk, but that would make sense after seeing this if true. Here it goes and if you don't believe it then suck my hairy ones as I don't care.

Few weeks ago the team had a argument at training, Bissmouma was messing around taking the piss in a small match, this followed with some of the players putting in hard tackles and a big argument in the changing rooms.

Now I don know if these rumours are true but the players havnt been putting up as many videos of each other out and about socallising like they were at the start of the season so something seems to have changed. Can also see this on the pitch.

I was surprised that Bissouma was left out of the squad yesterday after getting MOTM on Saturday, especially as the likelihood of Gross needing to be subbed after his injury lay-off was very high.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

I don't think our formation is quite so rigid:
I think we play 4-3-3 in possession and 4-1-4-1 when ball-chasing - it just gets called 4-5-1 [or 4-4-1-1] because that's what our shape ends up looking like most of the time ....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Cullip, really?

The very same Danny Cullip who is working for Albion in the Community right now?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I was surprised that Bissouma was left out of the squad yesterday after getting MOTM on Saturday, especially as the likelihood of Gross needing to be subbed after his injury lay-off was very high.

Yeah whats all that about?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Problems have been FERMENTING for some time now. Keep your eyes PEELED for further developments

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here