Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] In CH own word: clips of him working out tactical situations

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Movement from central midfielders is required... we must have the most static team I’ve seen in years gone by recently, every time we’re on the ball movement is something that is lacking - this has to be one of the most simple rules of football that we haven’t applied the majority of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Easy on a whiteboard with magnetic markers. Not so easy on a pitch with real markers.

He talks about brave movement forward from the midfielder, creating space for the other CM to receive the ball, that's not happening to my knowledge!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The first thing we need is an actual midfield, countless times last night we didn’t have a single player in the middle third (lengthways) of the field, everyone was hiding on the flanks, makes us incredibly easy to defend against.

peterward

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 11, 2009
Countering a team that press high up the pitch "brave movement from central midfield" discusses CM, CH, Wingers and number 10 role!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIZwk1zhSvE

All it needs is a camera, track suit and a quick flick through tactics for dummies.

Nice theory Chris. Having watched Albion this season I can assure you your players are either not listening or it's all bollocks.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I saw that last year. It made no sense then and no sense now but explains everything.

Makes sense to me in theory but.....

We have no CH's playing the ball out, no midfielder making deep runs and painfully few wingers stretching their fullbacks!

Basically the pieces on the magnet board have more movement then our team!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The first thing we need is an actual midfield, countless times last night we didn’t have a single player in the middle third (lengthways) of the field, everyone was hiding on the flanks, makes us incredibly easy to defend against.

There were huge gaps and countless times there was a good (simple) 45 degree ball that could have taken us 10/15 yards upfield but the wrong decisions were being made, sideways (to the flanks) and then straight up the line through the eye of a needle, back to Duffy/Dunk or punted up for the wide men to chase. Result aside I found it all very depressing.

No idea what the answer is but watching (even) Cardiff there was a lot of movement off the ball, finding decent spaces, playing the simple ball and advancing upfield often unchallenged until they got around our box

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
There were huge gaps and countless times there was a good (simple) 45 degree ball that could have taken us 10/15 yards upfield but the wrong decisions were being made, sideways (to the flanks) and then straight up the line through the eye of a needle, back to Duffy/Dunk or punted up for the wide men to chase. Result aside I found it all very depressing.

No idea what the answer is but watching (even) Cardiff there was a lot of movement off the ball, finding decent spaces, playing the simple ball and advancing upfield often unchallenged until they got around our box
Our players’ first touch is always back towards our own goal, very rarely does someone take the ball on the turn, once last night Dunk played a quick forward pass inside and Pröpper took it in the turn, he had acres to run into, but everyone else ran to wings, the attack fizzled out.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
One of our major problems are the midfield have about as much confidence stepping forward as a teenager buy a jazz mag from their local offie!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here