- Boring, Negative football that Norwich fans still talk about
- Four defeats in 6 games (March-April). 6 consecutive away defeats

I think we would all take 4 defeats in 6 at the moment

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
2 draws could be enough.

Oh joy, and we go again next season......more of the same

Of course I want to stay up but I definitely don’t want CH as our manager, even if he does pull it off. I know it makes me a bad ungrateful fan too.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I'm not sure....I think that whatever way this pans out...somethings will change next season ..they have too..but as regards to the OP..we haven't reached the end of the road yet so perhaps a bit premature to ask

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This tweet thread include a number of Norwich fans who provide a few parallels.

[tweet]1118254943859875842[/tweet]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Is it too simplistic to suggest that players not pulling their weight should have been dropped, maybe that’s not the manager’s responsibility either :rolleyes:

If the manager can’t get players to compete on the field, why should he expect to stay?

peterward

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 11, 2009

Of course I want to stay up but I definitely don’t want CH as our manager, even if he does pull it off. I know it makes me a bad ungrateful fan too.

In a nutshell. We may somehow survive (though I doubt it), but surely it's clear to all that Hughton doesn't have the requisite skills or tactical nous to get us to a comfortable mid table team.

Relegation is matter of when not if, unless we change.

zefarelly

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I was laughing at the ineptitude, like it was 1995 , except '95 was better because I was laying in the sun on the east terrace, it was cheap, easy to get in and close to home.

Everything stops with the manager we played like a Sunday league outfit last night it was almost comical.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I hope he gets us over the line
Club and recruitment team and CH need to then sit down have a serious chat. First 2 years of staying up ave been achieved.
We need to identify how we want or expect to play. If CH isn’t the right man then you say thank you and identify someone who is.
Those candidates we may identify could be tempted come the end of the season depending what happens to their own clubs over the final few weeks.
Jose Bordalas - plays the sort of football fans identify with may become available for a price is Getafe don’t make Europe
Wilder - same if Sheffield United don’t make it. Not afraid to give youth a chance but gets best out of players and gives them the freedom to play maybe an ideal partnership with Dan Ashworth at getting in young players
Ivan Leko if you look beyond the anti corruption great motivator, tactically very flexible numerous time you see him make changes early and tweak the formation for the benefit of the team

All managers sit the set up we have who would thrive

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
You don't become shit players overnight.
The buck sadly stops at the man running the team.

Plus it's easier and cheaper to replace the one man running than eleven men on the pitch.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There are quite a few aren't there?

- Good first season in the Premier League
- Big money strikers that can't score
- Boring, Negative football that Norwich fans still talk about
- Four defeats in 6 games (March-April). 6 consecutive away defeats

Scarily similar.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Whatever Paul.
If the responsibility starts with some of the players, then it is Hughton's responsibility to sort it.
He hasn't and I don't think he knows how.
End of........

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Norwich sacked Hughton and were relegated, so we should definitely stick by him. It’s good that we can learn from history isn’t it.

:)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
From day 1 of Hughton being here we have had Norwich fans telling us what a disaster he is. Like a broken clock they will be right eventually even if for all the wrong reasons!

The two full seasons in the championship we werent defensive. We attacked with pace. Id say its more a case of setting the team up based on our relative strengths

Players get bored of negative football - well theybshould stop playing it then! Nobody tells the wingers to lift the ball in the air on a switch pass when the striker wants it to feet

Hughton has no plan B. That may be true at times (striker for striker, winger for winger) but we went 4-5-1 to 4-3-3 after winning 3 in the trot 1-0 and highton getting it in the neck for being cautious

Substitutions coming late in games - this is the criticism that has most validity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here