Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's Happened?

HughtonOut

Apr 16, 2019
Coming towards the end of our second premier league season and on the pitch things are in ruins. In my opinion we are now more likely than no to be playing championship football next season and as we all know, our ageing squad will need major reinforcement to stand a chance of stabilising in what is an extremely tough league to bounce back from.

In my eyes, all of this highlights the delusion and arrogance of many Brighton fans. Constantly harping on about our great stadium and infrastructure and failing to realise that our squad is probably the 3rd/4th worst in the division. Since the turn of the year we have managed just two wins. A nervy scrap of a victory against one of the worst sides in Premier League history and lets face it, a smash and grab at Selhurst. What alarms me the most is that if the away game at palarse had gone the way it should have, we would now be behind cardiff.

Football is won on the pitch and not in the boardroom and for decades now we have been miles behind Palace. It annoys me that some of our fans take pride in the fact that we have a better setup than them but fail to realise that they have now stayed up comfortably again and are looking forward to their seventh consecutive season in the top flight.

It's all a matter of hoping and praying now, and if we do manage to stay up, the recruitment has to be better. Not many of our players are genuine PL quality.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Great user name. Great first post. Welcome troll. :rolleyes:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bad enough without Holmesdale idiots registering on here and pretending to be Albion fans, just to try and depress us even more.

Sod off.

It's going to get much much worse when Palace roll over and have their tummy tickled when they go to Cardiff next month

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
School holidays or tagged and out on parole.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
You have managed to spout some drivel. Most fans know we were well over achieving with the squad we have currently and we have now found a level where our squad is. . We won’t blow our entire budget and more like Palace and other clubs and live beyond our means. Granted they will stay up but one day it will come at a massive cost to them although administration will sort that out I’m sure.
If we stay up better recruitment is obvious the current policy needs to be tweaked although with Dan Ashworth on board I expect us to be much shrewder getting in young players.
We can’t be behind a club for decades either that’s only existed since 1999

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You have managed to spout some drivel. Most fans know we were well over achieving with the squad we have currently and we have now found a level where our squad is. . We won’t blow our entire budget and more like Palace and other clubs and live beyond our means. Granted they will stay up but one day it will come at a massive cost to them although administration will sort that out I’m sure.
If we stay up better recruitment is obvious the current policy needs to be tweaked although with Dan Ashworth on board I expect us to be much shrewder getting in young players.
We can’t be behind a club for decades either that’s only exhausted since 1999

Palace have blown getting on for £B of PL money and loans from Parish, on being a bottom half PL team which loses so many matches every season. You couldn’t make it up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What's happened is you've thought it would be funny to pretend to be an Albion fan with some odd views.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Coming towards the end of our second premier league season and on the pitch things are in ruins. In my opinion we are now more likely than no to be playing championship football next season and as we all know, our ageing squad will need major reinforcement to stand a chance of stabilising in what is an extremely tough league to bounce back from.

In my eyes, all of this highlights the delusion and arrogance of many Brighton fans. Constantly harping on about our great stadium and infrastructure and failing to realise that our squad is probably the 3rd/4th worst in the division. Since the turn of the year we have managed just two wins. A nervy scrap of a victory against one of the worst sides in Premier League history and lets face it, a smash and grab at Selhurst. What alarms me the most is that if the away game at palarse had gone the way it should have, we would now be behind cardiff.

Football is won on the pitch and not in the boardroom and for decades now we have been miles behind Palace. It annoys me that some of our fans take pride in the fact that we have a better setup than them but fail to realise that they have now stayed up comfortably again and are looking forward to their seventh consecutive season in the top flight.

It's all a matter of hoping and praying now, and if we do manage to stay up, the recruitment has to be better. Not many of our players are genuine PL quality.

You will now be taken from this hamlet and placed into a wooden vat of Enrest's liquid excrement. Swim ten metres across it and you will be Palace and burnt at the stake while BG reads you the last rites (and reminds you that you were 10 minutes away from beating 10 man Man United, winning the FA Cup and guaranteed European football). Drown and you will have proven yourself a member of the glorious blue and white army.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here