Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rallying cry

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We can all have our opinions on the manager, players, signings, recruitment etc. We can have a good moan on the internet, but...

LET'S GET BEHIND THEM IN THE REMAINING GAMES.

We gain nothing from negativity or even apathy from the terraces in our remaining games.

When teams are playing well, atmosphere and support probably don't do as much, and yet that is when players get it the most. When it really matters, when a chant can really lift a team is when they're genuinely on their knees.

WE HAVE TO GO TO WOLVES AND GIVE IT EVERYTHING.

This is the hardest thing to do as a fan. You feel crushed, frustrated, angry, futile. How do you get singing and jumping when you feel like that? As Marsellus Wallace once said "That's pride ****ing with you. **** pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps."

At the end of the day, we might feel let down, BUT LET'S NOT LET THEM DOWN.

Loud as we've ever been at Wolves. Come on. Let's be having you.

:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:
:albion::albion::albion::albion::albion:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Let's not let them down? Are you taking the piss?

Those overpaid, overhyped load of so called professional footballers happily letting themselves down. Why should we bother if they don't give a rat's ass?

F.uck 'em. If they want to be relegated there's f.uck all we can do to change things.

Maybe a few choruses of 'Chrissy Hughton's Blue and White Army' might help,?

Nice sentiment but this team has not been lacking in support all season. Same for Hughton Out.

Bollocks to the lot of them!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We can all have our opinions on the manager, players, signings, recruitment etc. We can have a good moan on the internet, but...

We gain nothing from negativity or even apathy from the terraces in our remaining games.

When teams are playing well, atmosphere and support probably don't do as much, and yet that is when players get it the most. When it really matters, when a chant can really lift a team is when they're genuinely on their knees.

This is the hardest thing to do as a fan. You feel crushed, frustrated, angry, futile. How do you get singing and jumping when you feel like that? As Marsellus Wallace once said "That's pride ****ing with you. **** pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps."

Thats the spirit....but not just yet ....need time to get last night out of my system first :moo:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It is what it is. Still in our hands but in reality of things we are hoping for points from 2 games although so are Cardiff. Whatever happens I would just like to see some pride and effort in the final 5 appearances of the season and give the fans some hope because at the moment the players are offering the fans little of that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is what it is. Still in our hands but in reality of things we are hoping for points from 2 games although so are Cardiff. Whatever happens I would just like to see some pride and effort in the final 5 appearances of the season and give the fans some hope because at the moment the players are offering the fans little of that.

It’s the manner of the defeats that is unacceptable. If we were going down fighting I’d feel very differently.

Once again we were losing most of the 50/50’s this is not what teams that are fighting do. Cardiff wanted it more than us, how can anyone feel comfortable with that?

**** ‘em all with that attitude towards games, don’t expect me to cheer it or support it from the stands.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It’s the manner of the defeats that is unacceptable. If we were going down fighting I’d feel very differently.

Once again we were losing most of the 50/50’s this is not what teams that are fighting do. Cardiff wanted it more than us, how can anyone feel comfortable with that?

**** ‘em all with that attitude towards games, don’t expect me to cheer it or support it from the stands.

Much blunter version of what I was trying to get across.
I went last night expecting to get beaten which isn’t good when your playing Cardiff. We played a great first 2 minutes looked up for it and then nothing.
Cardiff were not great but you know in a massive game like that against a Neil Warnock side that you have to match their levels of fight and determination. They wanted to scrap and fight for everything we didn’t. We didn’t have no stomach for the and that is the most discouraging thing. We didn’t even have the fight to get a decent effort on target.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Let's not let them down? Are you taking the piss?

Those overpaid, overhyped load of so called professional footballers happily letting themselves down. Why should we bother if they don't give a rat's ass?

F.uck 'em. If they want to be relegated there's f.uck all we can do to change things.

Maybe a few choruses of 'Chrissy Hughton's Blue and White Army' might help,?

Nice sentiment but this team has not been lacking in support all season. Same for Hughton Out.

Bollocks to the lot of them!

Players come and go, we still follow the stripes though right? Our football club isn't defined by this group of players or manager, it is defined by us. We might not be able to change anything at all, but we'll still be watching when these overpaid overhyped players have moved on. What if turning up at Wolves and making a right old racket does lift someone to produce something special? Doesn't it show the rest of football we're not going to be defined by a group of players or a poor run, we still support our club through thick and thin, and we've had a lot of thin right? Am I right?

They may not deserve it, react to it, or anything else, but we support the club don't we, it goes beyond the here and now. I expect come Saturday, we'll make a right old racket at Molineux, it may mean nothing to what happens on the pitch, but it will mean something to us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

If we don’t do this, we have no chance of staying up.

I’m not sure the booers need attend the remaining fixtures if they are intent on poisoning the atmosphere and upsetting our players. Take the rest of the season off please.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We got behind the team last night. They gave us so little in return. Barely any of them came over to clap the North yesterday. They knew they had let us down.

I actually think being away from the Amex for a bit will do us good. Our away fans are more supportive by and large.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I wasn't going to go to Wolves, but oddly considering it now. Hugely unlikely I know, but if imagine if we somehow won?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

I personally thought the crowd stuck with the team yesterday even though we were utterly tragic and never looked like scoring and once again had 1 shot on target!

What we don't need is this sort of patronising thread...………………………...this works both ways, if the a team of over paid prima donnas, under achieving bottlers want the crowd to get behind them they need to stand up like men and start taking responsibility on the pitch. I think we would all support a team that was trying it's hearts out to get the points we need (a little like Cardiff!!!).

So please don't think we, as fans, are letting anyone down at the moment!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I personally thought the crowd stuck with the team yesterday even though we were utterly tragic and never looked like scoring and once again had 1 shot on target!

What we don't need is this sort of patronising thread...………………………...this works both ways, if the a team of over paid prima donnas, under achieving bottlers want the crowd to get behind them they need to stand up like men and start taking responsibility on the pitch. I think we would all support a team that was trying it's hearts out to get the points we need (a little like Cardiff!!!).

So please don't think we, as fans, are letting anyone down at the moment!

I agree, we did stick with them, never said we didn't, didn't say we have been letting them down at all. Thread was clearly aimed at the future. The next 5 games.

As you've said, we are at a low point, we do feel let down, dejected, and angry. Hence the thread. Sorry if you feel patronised. I thought the board littered with threads calling for the manager to go, or castigating players, that we just need to stay behind them, whether they deserve it or not.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I’m not sure the booers need attend the remaining fixtures if they are intent on poisoning the atmosphere and upsetting our players. Take the rest of the season off please.

Upsetting our players. Diddums, I feel so sorry for them.

They bloody well deserve it. As others have said, there's no fight.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

The players were happy to take the plaudits at Wembley
Now, when they have turned in two of the worst performances I have seen in living memory, you are suggesting that people shouldn't voice their disappointment. Professional athletes are not above criticism. It might make them focus a bit more and realise that they have had a pretty easy ride at the Amex and not everbody is a ra ra happy clapper.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I've only just stopped laughing after PB's efforts via email and on TalkSport.
" Everybody is behind Chris Hughton "........well yes.....apart from all the players and 75% of the fans.

He really is a sloganeering prize twunt isn't he? He doesn't have a f.ucking clue how the fans, sorry, customers, feel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here