Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ironically CH is the man for the new job!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The problem with this is that it gives no incentive for Hughton to keep us up and no pressure either to do so. Ironically his job is more at risk it seems if we stay up than go down

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The problem with this is that it gives no incentive for Hughton to keep us up and no pressure either to do so. Ironically his job is more at risk it seems if we stay up than go down

You're right, this isn't a conversation you'd have now, it's a conversation during the end of season review. Stay up and you'd say, phew that was lucky Chris, thank you but meet Rafa, he's the new guy and we'd like to thank you etc etc, go down and it's a very clear brief, get us back up in one season and pick up £??m in bonus!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I can understand the thinking that Hughton is good for the championship.... The trouble is we are not in the championship, but we will be if we keep him.

Unbelievable as it seems, we still have a chance to stay in this league, but only if we get someone in who can lift the whole depression that seems to be hanging over the place, that is clearly not Hughton, we only need a win and a draw from 5 games, or even 4 draws, but can anyone seriously see us getting that? Not under Hughton, we have been beaten by Fulham,Cardiff, Southampton and Burnley, all teams that were below us in the table, and humiliated by Bournemouth a team who could hardly buy a win.

Get Hughton out now, not 12 to 15 games into next season, we still have a chance of saving this season. Its a long way back if we drop.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can understand the thinking that Hughton is good for the championship.... The trouble is we are not in the championship, but we will be if we keep him.

Unbelievable as it seems, we still have a chance to stay in this league, but only if we get someone in who can lift the whole depression that seems to be hanging over the place, that is clearly not Hughton, we only need a win and a draw from 5 games, or even 4 draws, but can anyone seriously see us getting that? Not under Hughton, we have been beaten by Fulham,Cardiff, Southampton and Burnley, all teams that were below us in the table, and humiliated by Bournemouth a team who could hardly buy a win.

Get Hughton out now, not 12 to 15 games into next season, we still have a chance of saving this season. Its a long way back if we drop.

No brainer imo but I’m not expecting it to happen

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that irrespective of survival or relegation CH days are very numbered. If we get relegated we will not be back for at least a couple of seasons, if that soon, and if we dont get relegated this season without a major change we will next season. The outlook is certainly grim either way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here