Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ironically CH is the man for the new job!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's looking inevitable that we'll be playing Championship football next season, we couldn't score in a brothel so can't see where any further points are going to come from and our country cousins up in the beautiful Croydon are surely going to help Cardiff over the line.

So for CH (and TB/PB) I guess it's simple, stay in the Premier League he gets the tin tack go down and we retain him. The reason being there's no better man to get us out of The Championship, it's what he does, but at that point we have a succession plan in place.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So for CH (and TB/PB) I guess it's simple, stay in the Premier League he gets the tin tack go down and we retain him. The reason being there's no better man to get us out of The Championship, it's what he does, but at that point we have a succession plan in place.

The problem you have is the club set the objective to stay in the league. So you'd go against that by sacking him for keeping us, and keeping him if we go down.

The bigger problem is the players look like they aren't playing for him so why would that change if he went down? I think he has become a bit stale and after some of the defeats the players must wonder what is going on. West Ham, Fulham Away etc...

Also assuming we don't start off great in the Championship then what? How long do you give him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Until last night I would have agreed with you but being an entitled ******* I’m bored to tears with his predictability. I’d rather TB took another flyer on a manager with potential who’d actually excite me with his football and do the unexpected now and again. A Plan B too would be amazing.

I find watching CH teams draining. I was willing to accept it whilst we ground out results with great team spirit but that is now lost!

I’d also like to see CH gone before the Wolves game and a temporary manager in charge, a new manager bounce is the only way we have a chance of staying up now imo.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's looking inevitable that we'll be playing Championship football next season, we couldn't score in a brothel so can't see where any further points are going to come from and our country cousins up in the beautiful Croydon are surely going to help Cardiff over the line.

Well, it worked for Burnley with Sean Dyche. Given what we've spent comparative to other clubs and the reported wage bill, he probably deserves the chance to have another go if we do go down.

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The problem you have is the club set the objective to stay in the league. So you'd go against that by sacking him for keeping us, and keeping him if we go down.

The bigger problem is the players look like they aren't playing for him so why would that change if he went down? I think he has become a bit stale and after some of the defeats the players must wonder what is going on. West Ham, Fulham Away etc...

Also assuming we don't start off great in the Championship then what? How long do you give him

12 matches a la Hinshelwood and Hyppia!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I'd have agreed with you before last night, but if he really has lost the dressing room (and that seems to be the case), then he's not going to get the required performance levels out of this squad next season, the majority of whom will still be with us.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Definitely not, IF he got us back again, what then sack him on promotion! or be in the same situation again, not great motivation for him is it!

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Until last night I would have agreed with you but being an entitled ******* I’m bored to tears with his predictability. I’d rather TB took another flyer on a manager with potential who’d actually excite me with his football and do the unexpected now and again. A Plan B too would be amazing.

I find watching CH teams draining. I was willing to accept it whilst we ground out results with great team spirit but that is now lost!

Can't disagree with your frustration but can you name a better manager at getting teams out of the Championship who'd take a chance on little old Brighton?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea

THIS!!!!

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Definitely not, IF he got us back again, what then sack him on promotion! or be in the same situation again, not great motivation for him is it!

We're all adults, happens in business all the time, you employ someone to get you to a predetermined position, at that point they have done their job, received a wage, get a small bonus and the guy /or girl, with the requisite skills comes in to take it to the next stage.

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
... but then if we did go up, which seems a bit more unlikely this time, it would be the same again.

I would prefer to start again with a fresh, perhaps young, new manager with the aim to take us up with a new, positive brand of football.

No, his job is to get us out of The Championship, at that point he's done his job, he gets his bonus and goes to another job, we're all grown up here, that's the deal.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
What's the point? If he gets us up it'll just be more of this. Fundamentally, don't we all just want to be entertained? For our club to create chances and show a bit of guts? Won't happen in this league with CH sadly

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't disagree with your frustration but can you name a better manager at getting teams out of the Championship who'd take a chance on little old Brighton?

I would have enthusiasm and belief that we might stay up if we had a new manager in place by Saturday. Who, not a clue but I’d never heard of the Saints manager before he was appointed. There will be assistant managers out there somewhere in Europe who’d welcome the opportunity of a few games in the Premier League to prove themselves.

Anything other than 5 more games of what we’ve seen recently, even if it ends in relegation. I have totally lost faith in CH

peterward

Nov 11, 2009

I don’t agree with you. There comes a point, where familiarity breeds contempt (so to speak), in as much as Hughtons methods, team talks, tactics become stale. We’ve all heard it before, there’s nothing new. Not only that, but just like in any relationship or job, people also start getting to comfortable when not much changes over time.

Hughton would be a great choice to get another club up, where he and his methods are new to them, but at our club he has gone tired and totally stale. We need a new voice, new team talks, new motivation and to break all players out of their comfort zones.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
We're all adults, happens in business all the time, you employ someone to get you to a predetermined position, at that point they have done their job, received a wage, get a small bonus and the guy /or girl, with the requisite skills comes in to take it to the next stage.

Don't bring adults into this, we're talking football managers

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What's the point? If he gets us up it'll just be more of this. Fundamentally, don't we all just want to be entertained? For our club to create chances and show a bit of guts? Won't happen in this league with CH sadly

My thoughts are clear, he's the man to get us out of The Championship, not lead us in the Premier League. At that point his work is done, he gets his bonus and the right person with the requisite skills comes in

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I’d also like to see CH gone before the Wolves game and a temporary manager in charge, a new manager bounce is the only way we have a chance of staying up now imo.
Agree with you there. We need that new manager bounce, because we cannot sink any lower than we are at the moment. The players haven't just become a pile of poop over the last few weeks. But Bloom needs to act now, Wolves and Newcastle are our only chance, and under Hughton, we'll be lucky to have a shot on target, let alone win either of them.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
... but then if we did go up, which seems a bit more unlikely this time, it would be the same again.

I would prefer to start again with a fresh, perhaps young, new manager with the aim to take us up with a new, positive brand of football.

Maybe. But again you could have said the same about Dyche. If you bounce straight back and recruit the right players, there's a chance of changing approach (as CH has shown a willingness to do in the past). I'm not saying a fresh voice would be a terrible thing - but that relatively unproven manager playing a positive brand of football? You'd be lucky if you tried 10 of them and 1 succeeded. Maybe, if we really need new, vibrant ideas, it's the assistant and coaches that should be looked at, retaining the overall guidance of a measured and experienced boss. That's how Ferguson frequently shook things up, and it didn't work out too bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here