Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Blind Faith

el punal

I have always been optimistic about our team’s fortunes over the years. A bit Micawber-ish if you like - that something will turn up - a silver lining in those footballing clouds maybe. Last night, whatever optimism or hope that I had completely disappeared. Put it down to the drip, drip of constantly poor performances over the last few months. Best summed up how I felt at the end of the following matches :

Southampton - baffled and angry

Bournemouth - shocked and bewildered

Cardiff - dejected and in despair

I now have nothing to cling onto about our team. There was nothing last night to suggest that maybe, just maybe, we might be able battle our way out of this nightmare and save ourselves. For me it’s now blind faith that a miracle might occur to stop us being relegated - something like a last minute goal to beat Man City on the last day of the season. Fat chance.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hughton Out. That will cheer you up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Football miracles do happen.
Damn sure I wont be throwing in the towel before it’s mathematically all over. We’ve come through WAY more tricky situations than this before. I’m not optimistic, but I’ll be staying positive.

el punal

Hughton Out. That will cheer you up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it won’t. A real gentleman, has done so much good for the club but has now, in my view, lost the ability to motivate the team and take them to the next level. Sadly, you’re right, he has to go but I would like to think that it will be his decision to do the honourable thing and resign.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here