Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] To top it off.......

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Got back to Burgess Hill train station last night already in a bad mood to find my mountain bike had been stolen from the cycle racks.

It was padlocked and under station CCTV.

This was my work transport and my means of trying to keep fit.

Gutted beyond words really. It's been reported to British Transport Police and it is insured but that's not the point.

I work ****ing hard for things and some thieving **** thinks they can just take it.

I've got a lot on my plate right now and this is the last ****ing thing I need.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Got back to Burgess Hill train station last night already in a bad mood to find my mountain bike had been stolen from the cycle racks.

Gutted beyond words really. It's been reported to British Transport Police and it is insured but that's not the point.

I work ****ing hard for things and some thieving **** thinks they can just take it.

Thieves really are vermin. A mate of mine had his nicked off a balcony. How tough did you think your lock was?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I've sprayed gold outline of seagulls on mine so it's individualised and hope that puts the cretins off. Look for ward to a nice new bike :)

Southcoast Corsair

Sep 12, 2012
lost at sea
My sympathies. I lived in west and east London for ten years and had two decent bikes nicked. Like yourself my bike was a means to get to work, keep fit and as an outlet to unload or cheer myself up. Each time I got the police involved but it was futile really. Don’t give a sh*t about phones or cards but a bike is personal. Whatever junk those thieves buy with the money they get from your bike, I sincerely hope it leaves them cold.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That sucks, hopefully you can find something cheap n cheerful to tide you over.

I remember back in early '92 having spent 6 months bricking it about redundancy, I got my first flat, having sold my car in the process I was commuting 10 miles on an old Vespa 90, which got nicked. I was gutted, a mate sold me a bike for £30 and I was cycling to work . . . . Until the bike got nicked! The trains were unreliable then and I got a warning about being late for work. Tough times, but we soldier on.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
How do countries that have a lot of cyclists - like Holland or Denmark - deal with bike thefts? Does it not happen there? Does everyone ride bog-standard cheap bikes?

It's the main thing that puts me off cycling. I used to like using my bike to get to places, but was fed up with the need to double lock everything in a public place so I had any chance of getting the bike back again.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tbh I think it's not worth having a decent bike as anything valuable will be targeted, buy yourself a bottom of the range bike from Halfords and it should not nicked like than the £1200 bikes.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Hope the bike thief pains painfully and slowly. Scum. Trouble is police don't even seem in the slightest bit inclined to investigate thefts.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Been on the phone to the insurance company this morning.

I asked the wife to put it on the insurance when I got it new last year. Because its registered as a speciality item the excess is £350!!!!!

We've got baby no 2 due in July and have been frantically saving to cover her drop in maternity pay. I just dont have 350 quid laying about. The bike was "only" £600.

I got it on cycle to work scheme last July so I still haven't finished paying for it yet.

****ing **** who stole it better ****ing die a slow miserable death and burn in hell. But the truth of it is that they'll just sell it and carry on as normal.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin

Happened to me, though i left mine at Scunthorpe station. So i pretty much asked for it to happen..

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Very sorry to hear that. So irritating. I have a crappy old spare, which I mainly keep for the inevitable day when my latest one is pinched, if it's any use to you, although it probably needs a full service.

Baffles me why they do it. These bikes can't be worth very much. I can't imagine it's worth ruining someone's week/month over.

kjgood

Very sorry to hear that. So irritating. I have a crappy old spare, which I mainly keep for the inevitable day when my latest one is pinched, if it's any use to you, although it probably needs a full service.

Baffles me why they do it. These bikes can't be worth very much. I can't imagine it's worth ruining someone's week/month over.

Well done Sir, thats very kind of you to offer your spare up. There are decent people around.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Been on the phone to the insurance company this morning.

I asked the wife to put it on the insurance when I got it new last year. Because its registered as a speciality item the excess is £350!!!!!

We've got baby no 2 due in July and have been frantically saving to cover her drop in maternity pay. I just dont have 350 quid laying about. The bike was "only" £600.

I got it on cycle to work scheme last July so I still haven't finished paying for it yet.

****ing **** who stole it better ****ing die a slow miserable death and burn in hell. But the truth of it is that they'll just sell it and carry on as normal.

Feel for you. Happened three times to me at our local train station. They would literally steal parts from if couldn’t take the entire bike. Had so many locks in the end it weighed a tonne. Eventually gave up. Walked and got lifts. Even if it’s a scruffy chipped knackered old bike someone WILL steal it eventually in my experience. However much you try to protect. Sad state of affairs but people just don’t care, they’ll take what they want and screw everyone else. Personally I’d like to see such types working in chain gangs as part of community service.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
They would literally steal parts from if couldn’t take the entire bike. .

The bike rack by my work can get quite full. One day some scrote went through the rack and (depending on what was chained up and what wasn't) stole a front wheel from 1 bike, a rear wheel from another and a frame. Screwed over 3 different people to get themselves a whole bike.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Tbh I think it's not worth having a decent bike as anything valuable will be targeted, buy yourself a bottom of the range bike from Halfords and it should not nicked like than the £1200 bikes.

Partly true. But I've had 2nd rust buckets that cost me £40 nicked. If there's not a decent deterrent (strong lock) then they'll nick anything. 1 had 2 locks bolt cut off it..

My current bike was well locked up so they cut the brake cables out of spite..

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Because they’re wnkrs, who’ll will never work, and take anything in sight.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here