Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] We'll beat Wolves

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We have to score a goal to win a game of football.... I love your optimism but I cant see another goal let alone another point currently

Well actually, that is not strictly true, you can quite happily win a game with the opposition sticking one in their own net. :hilton:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
It would be very Brighton for us to serve up such an awful display against 'lowly' opposition and then goo and grab a result against all the odds at Wolves... or even Spurs.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wolves beat albion.

Liverpool beat Cardiff.

Spurs beat albion.

2 points (+gd) ahead with 3 to play.

Hoping for a favour from Fulham before the *Must Win* v Newcastle late kick off.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
We're 17th in the PL, remind me where we were when Hughton took over and where we were 10, 15, 20 years ago???

Some 'supporters' have very short memories.

We ended up 15th last season.

We have just lost 5-0 at home to Bournemouth, and 2-0 at home to Cardiff, and probably had about 3-4 good performances all season.

We barely have had a shot on target recently, and the team have no fight or spirit, and we have a manager who stands on the touchline with his hands in his pockets has virtually no interaction his team.

YOU CANNOT KEEP LIVING IN THE PAST OLD MAN. We all know our history.

If we had games where I thought we were unlucky or similar, then you have an argument, but we are going down with a whimper, without any backbone or fight.

This whole situation has been brewing since half time at Fulham, and Hughton has now proved, he is not the man to lead a fight to safety.

You enjoy watching his brand of football, and sides without an passion or fight, then you must be over the moon with the manager. Personally I would rather see someone lead us with passion, who doesn't spend the whole game standing on the touchline with his hands in his pockets, making no attempt to interact with his team. I would have fired him months ago after the Fulham game, but what do I know!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
We're so obsessed with the past here. Never forget. BUT...
Look at the investment. Look at where we are now. We need progression. CH has undoubtedly achieved that, but he's clearly, CLEARLY, taken us as far as he can.

Nah you've got it wrong. Obviously because we nearly went out of existence over twenty years ago it's totally fine to be dicked at home by one of the worst teams in the league.

Get with the times man. The times being twenty years ago.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Nah you've got it wrong. Obviously because we nearly went out of existence over twenty years ago it's totally fine to be dicked at home by one of the worst teams in the league.

Get with the times man. The times being twenty years ago.

Of course its not fine, no-one is enjoying this but at least let it apply a bit of perspective to the situation rather than just saying we've lost to one of the worst teams in the league and throwing the baby out with the bathwater and having hissy fits because we're on a poor run of form.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We ended up 15th last season.

We have just lost 5-0 at home to Bournemouth, and 2-0 at home to Cardiff, and probably had about 3-4 good performances all season.

We barely have had a shot on target recently, and the team have no fight or spirit, and we have a manager who stands on the touchline with his hands in his pockets has virtually no interaction his team.

YOU CANNOT KEEP LIVING IN THE PAST OLD MAN. We all know our history.

If we had games where I thought we were unlucky or similar, then you have an argument, but we are going down with a whimper, without any backbone or fight.

This whole situation has been brewing since half time at Fulham, and Hughton has now proved, he is not the man to lead a fight to safety.

You enjoy watching his brand of football, and sides without an passion or fight, then you must be over the moon with the manager. Personally I would rather see someone lead us with passion, who doesn't spend the whole game standing on the touchline with his hands in his pockets, making no attempt to interact with his team. I would have fired him months ago after the Fulham game, but what do I know!

Given we've had in your eyes only 3-4 good performances all season we've been pretty miraculous to eek 33 points out of the season to date.

I don't enjoy watching this brand of football as much as I would enjoy free flowing easy on the eye attacking football but needs must and Chris is a pragmatist and with our budget if we played more openly against better quality football teams than ourselves we'd have less points than we do now and probably already be relegated. The passion argument is absolute crap, so you're saying if there was someone out there shouting and screaming on the touchline it would make it all better?? Joey Barton would do that, maybe we should get him in.

Yes, it's desperately poor, yes we're all very dissapointed but given where this club has come from and what Chris has done for us he deserves the opportunity to turn things around and not only that I believe he will. Mistakes have been made, lets get over the line this season and be better and stronger for it next.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Maybe come the weekend I'll feel positive and think we can get something at Wolves, but at the moment I feel like we are done.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You have to pressure them for that to happen, try again :lolol:

I'm going for lulling them into such a false sense of security, they make an inexplicable error.

Put it this way, Wolves have struggled all season getting themselves up for the games they know they can win. We've played a blinder in ensuring they go into Saturday certain that all they need to do is put their kit on. :moo:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Minimum required to stay up and get results is players being up for the fight. I have seen nothing recently to suggest the players have the guts required to fight and stay in this league.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I think we'll draw with Wolves but it will shed some light on a situation that will help Hughton get things finally turned around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here