Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] #Together

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Anyone remember this?

It seems at the moment the whole ethos has disappeared and as fans we have just become like every other wannabe club, even like clubs we despise!

I thought we were bigger than this, I thought we would see it through the hard times, but clearly not, we ARE just like everyone else.

The time for recriminations and talk of change isn’t now, but after the final whistle of the Manchester City match - only then should the club take a cold hard look at the facts and act upon them. Until then we should remember our past, where we have come from to get where we are now, stop acting like sulky teenagers and once again...

#Together

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So you are dismissing the thought that maybe a change is the only way we will stay up?

The way we are losing is the problem, 5 shots on target in 5 games....

You back Hughton to get us over the line, good for you but the stroppy way you are putting it over is somewhat arrogant and condescending.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seeing the players constantly berating and gesticulating at each other last night, pretty safe to say that #together is dead and buried, on the pitch at least.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
#Together. A groovy hashtag that looks and sounds great during the good times. Let’s be honest though. Was it ever going to be any different once things got tough? I don’t imagine there’s a club in the land that would behave any differently in our position.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
So you are dismissing the thought that maybe a change is the only way we will stay up?

The way we are losing is the problem, 5 shots on target in 5 games....

You back Hughton to get us over the line, good for you but the stroppy way you are putting it over is somewhat arrogant and condescending.

Stroppy, you having a laugh, I see passion...

Yes I think Chris Hughton can get us over the line, unless you are really suggesting that changing the manager with 5 games to go is the answer.

Yes things have to change, and I trust our management team to make those changes, whatever those changes may be. I just don’t understand how all the fractured talk on here helps us.

As my opening said, we used to be all about togerthness, now it couldn’t be further from the truth - #Together has been shown for the lie it was -

#Together (but only when things are going well).

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
“Together” must start with team and they are clearly anything but together at the moment! Before fingers get pointed at us maybe the team need sort out their togetherness and that starts and ends with CH!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Anyone remember this?

It seems at the moment the whole ethos has disappeared and as fans we have just become like every other wannabe club, even like clubs we despise!

I thought we were bigger than this, I thought we would see it through the hard times, but clearly not, we ARE just like everyone else.

The time for recriminations and talk of change isn’t now, but after the final whistle of the Manchester City match - only then should the club take a cold hard look at the facts and act upon them. Until then we should remember our past, where we have come from to get where we are now, stop acting like sulky teenagers and once again...

#Together

Thanks

Sums up my feelings exactly.
Fans booing the players off at halftime. really?

Hughton deserves the opportunity to put this right.
It may be too late, he may have "lost the dressing room", but he has earned the right to have the backing of every one of us to try and sort this out.

If he fails then we shake hands and part on good terms

we've come a long, long way together and all that..

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
#Together. A groovy hashtag that looks and sounds great during the good times. Let’s be honest though. Was it ever going to be any different once things got tough? I don’t imagine there’s a club in the land that would behave any differently in our position.

My point exactly, we gave it the Billy Big Bollox about how together we were through adversity, but no wonder other clubs fans and neutrals are going off us as we act like just ever other club. I, like them actually did believe we were different...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Anyone remember this?

#Together

What have fans got to do with those on pitch performances?

If we don't act now we can forget next season too. We need to have new blood in the door by the end of season to fully prepare over the summer

#screw-together-let's-get-real

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
“Together” must start with team and they are clearly anything but together at the moment! Before fingers get pointed at us maybe the team need sort out their togetherness and that starts and ends with CH!

Agree, and in all honesty I believe Hughton will go at the season end. He is an honourable man, and probably feels that he has gone as far as he can with this club, whatever league we are in next season.

However, I feel now is the time to get behind him, maybe, just maybe things can change around.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Stroppy, you having a laugh, I see passion...

Yes I think Chris Hughton can get us over the line, unless you are really suggesting that changing the manager with 5 games to go is the answer.

Yes things have to change, and I trust our management team to make those changes, whatever those changes may be. I just don’t understand how all the fractured talk on here helps us.

As my opening said, we used to be all about togerthness, now it couldn’t be further from the truth - #Together has been shown for the lie it was -

#Together (but only when things are going well).

The crowd were absolutely #together for the first quarter of last night, much as they were for a similar period on Saturday. But, hey, let's look at why we weren't together come the final whistle...

Players seriously underperforming (and I mean to the point where putting their occupation on a form as "Footballer" would constitute fraud.

Players squabbling among themselves on the pitch.

A manager who still only used 2 substitutions despite the abmismal performance.

To be honest... I think we are at the point where we are VERY #together. #together wanting a change. #together wanting to stay up. #together wanting the players to care (no scratch that... Even pretend to care).

I have defended CH (who I believe has been working to a strict 'stay up' brief from TB) and his defendive, dull, bori g, safe football style all season. But enough is enough. I am embracing #Together and calling #HughtonOut

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Agree, and in all honesty I believe Hughton will go at the season end. He is an honourable man, and probably feels that he has gone as far as he can with this club, whatever league we are in next season.

However, I feel now is the time to get behind him, maybe, just maybe things can change around.

Maybe you should post this on the player's forum because they clearly haven't got Hughton's message for about 6 months. They are clearly fed up with him telling players not to go too far forward.

Pah!

I wish he'd clear his desk this morning and go.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anyone remember this?

#Together

Really?

Bombardier

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I see both #together and I see #lets-get-real. Hughton deserves to see this one out and maybe, just maybe pull something out of the hat by seasons end. He’s done it before after all. But the reality is that #together starts with the playing staff that we expect to deliver and they are not. The manager is that leader of #together and is not currently managing that expectation. I doubt uncle Tony is ‘fiddling whilst the Amex burns’ and is more than likely looking at options but come seasons end.

Hope that makes sense?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The only thing #together about our team at the moment is that #together they are playing like a league one side.

Apart from Knocky obviously - he is a liabilty #together with perma-shit Ali J and Jurgen Locadia.

el punal

What have fans got to do with those on pitch performances?

If we don't act now we can forget next season too. We need to have new blood in the door by the end of season to fully prepare over the summer

#screw-together-let's-get-real

Could you elaborate on your comment about “having new blood in the door by the end of the season”? Do you mean new management, new players, promote from the development squad? Unfortunately it’s too late to do any of those apart from introducing the up and coming players from our Under23s. With five games to go a new manager will not have the time to change things. We are not allowed to sign on new players.

I understand your sentiment and wish for the same, unfortunately it’s so late in the day that we have to hope and pray that Cardiff slip up or that we can grab an unexpected win from somewhere - anywhere.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I see both #together and I see #lets-get-real. Hughton deserves to see this one out and maybe, just maybe pull something out of the hat by seasons end. He’s done it before after all. But the reality is that #together starts with the playing staff that we expect to deliver and they are not. The manager is that leader of #together and is not currently managing that expectation. I doubt uncle Tony is ‘fiddling whilst the Amex burns’ and is more than likely looking at options but come seasons end.

Hope that makes sense?

Makes perfect sense to me. I agree that things are looking grim on the pitch, but I still believe the fans could do more to drag the players forward. Don’t boo them off the pitch, however shit they are. Unless the live in a Big Brother style cocoon I am sure they know they are failing.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Anyone remember this?

#Together

A few hardcore fans were together in the 90s and early 2000s
It was very easy to be together in the last few seasons but this season has caused most of them to drift away and moan about the awful performances and tactics and more recently, tstickerrible attitude of the players, who most definitely are not together.
It seems to be a badge of honour for the old school fans to stick together with the club regardless, which I admire.
I will always be an Albion fan but reserve the right to be sick of this current team and the way it has played most of the season.
I have defended CH constantly but seeing his post match comments, I think it's time to go.
I would love to hear him have a real go at these overpaid players who don't perform.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I find these critisms of our support co.pletely bizzare, last night the crowd were united in support until the players let us down. Were I am in The North the fans were still united in their condemnati9n of the players and manager with the emergence of gallows humour.

Blaming the fans for this mess is simply wrong and you need to a stop avoiding the really issue - players and manager.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here