Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] #Together

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
#Together would work if we were losing games by small margins, bad luck, awful refs.

But we’re getting torn to pieces by the other worst teams in the PL. We have zero pace, can’t defend any type of threat, our CM is the worst in the PL with Hudd’s, our hotch potch of strikers and quasi strikers don’t cut the mustard.

We can only rely now on Cardiff not winning another match.

Kind of agree with most of that ..apart from the Cardiff bit ..because I believe we can still pick up points...ye ok perhaps need a visit to the doctors

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
#Together would work if we were losing games by small margins, bad luck, awful refs.

But we’re getting torn to pieces by the other worst teams in the PL. We have zero pace, can’t defend any type of threat, our CM is the worst in the PL with Hudd’s, our hotch potch of strikers and quasi strikers don’t cut the mustard.

We can only rely now on Cardiff not winning another match.

Yes, we were beat fair and square last night. I turned up expecting cloggers and hoofing but they played round us. We were absolutely shocking.

Someone has to take responsibility and that's what Managers get paid for. All very well saying our squad isn't up to much but I've seen their performance fall off a cliff this past 12-15 weeks. No room for sentimentality imo ... no amount of ra-ra and 'we have confidence' statements is going to turn this around

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Kind of agree with most of that ..apart from the Cardiff bit ..because I believe we can still pick up points...ye ok perhaps need a visit to the doctors

In the NS concourse before the game and in the NS the support was vocal, optimistic, singing. The resilience of Albion fans astounds me. Then Cardiff, like the others, start winning every battle and score. It pops the morale.

No doubt every one will be up for the NUFC game, the OP doesn’t need to worry about that.

Sad posts on NSC have zero effect on the team.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Cringeworthy corporate bollocks slogan and I’ve always thought that.

Is it?

I thought togertherness was born out of The Goldstone years and sale, the homelessness, Gillingham, Withdean and the coming home to Brighton(outskirts), on top of that there was the total coming together of everyone at the club, including fans and management after the horror of Shoreham.
#Together was around long before the # was, just not expressed that way!

As for the corporate nonsense, well what club in their right mind wouldn't exploit it's perceived most valuable asset...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
What sort of North Korean scenario are we trying to establish here exactly? Thou shalt not criticise the club, it's players or managers under any circumstances?

No, just get behind them when times are shit, not by stabbing them in the back before the season has even finished with polls on who will be next manager!
The Roman senate has nothing on football fans...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is it?

I thought togertherness was born out of The Goldstone years and sale, the homelessness, Gillingham, Withdean and the coming home to Brighton(outskirts), on top of that there was the total coming together of everyone at the club, including fans and management after the horror of Shoreham.
#Together was around long before the # was, just not expressed that way!

As for the corporate nonsense, well what club in their right mind wouldn't exploit it's perceived most valuable asset...

I don’t need a Paul Barber slogan from two or so years ago to make me puff my chest out and think we are all in this together. We are and our history tells you that the hard core have been since the dark days. Many of the new arrivals are here because of the Amex and the kudos of following a successful team. Rats and sinking ships come to mind if we do a Sunderland, but the hard core of 8000 or so will still be there “together” if we end up in League One. Paul Barber won’t be.

The man probably had no interest in us whatsoever back in the dark days

I think it’s a corporate bollocks slogan, we’ll have to agree to differ, every club feels “together” we don’t have a monopoly on it. It IS just a slogan nothing more.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Players let us down - now you DO sound like a Palace fan. Put some flyers out for the Newcastle game demanding they play better!!!
Great response, i'll take it you were happy with last night's performance.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Together was always a marketing idea.

When we were fighting to save the club against archer and Stanley, that was when we were truly together.

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Thanks

Sums up my feelings exactly.
Fans booing the players off at halftime. really?

Hughton deserves the opportunity to put this right.
It may be too late, he may have "lost the dressing room", but he has earned the right to have the backing of every one of us to try and sort this out.

If he fails then we shake hands and part on good terms

we've come a long, long way together and all that..

Yep. Personally think (maybe being naive) that even if we finish bottom of the Prem, with 0 points, Hughton would still be in credit. I've been surprised by the amount of voices that seem to seriously believe getting rid of him, with 5games to go, is a good idea. I'd be really disappointed in the club if they sack him.

Invicta

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
We don't need corporate slogans but on the other side of that we don't just sack managers and bring in your Big Sam's, Harry's and other mercenaries. FFS someone on here suggested Steve Gritt. We are better than that. I'd rather see Chris given the chance to end the season. UTA.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
We don't need corporate slogans but on the other side of that we don't just sack managers and bring in your Big Sam's, Harry's and other mercenaries. FFS someone on here suggested Steve Gritt. We are better than that. I'd rather see Chris given the chance to end the season. UTA.

Personally, I never want to see him again.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The #Together thing seemed to be at its best in our promotion season - further brought together by Shoreham, Knocky's Dad and the team's support for a colleague, and culminating with a glorious afternoon with a couple of our delighted newly-promoted players train-surfing with the fans from Falmer to Brighton. We then shipped them both out before the next season started............

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Hughton deserves the opportunity to put this right.
It may be too late, he may have "lost the dressing room", but he has earned the right to have the backing of every one of us to try and sort this out.

The wheels came off at the end of last year... He's HAD time to sort this... He has had 100+ days to sort it. And we have got worse. The past week is not something that suddenly happened, it is the inevitably conclusion of a disastrous slide from ok to utter shite.

Check my post history... I have been defending Chris for months but there is a point where loyalty becomes denial and we have crossed that point.
He has failed to manage the team. Be that tactically or motivationally.

We are at rock bottom now. We haven't been this bad in years (looking back it's nearly 15years since we were last relegated).

Whether he stays to the end of the season or not, his position is now untenable. To deny this is just burying your head in the sand. Yes, he definitely should be given the chance to fix what's wrong, he earned that right... But that chance started in January and it's now April. Enough chances now, he failed, we have to move on.

D

Deleted member 2719

Anyone remember this?

It seems at the moment the whole ethos has disappeared and as fans we have just become like every other wannabe club, even like clubs we despise!

I thought we were bigger than this, I thought we would see it through the hard times, but clearly not, we ARE just like everyone else.

The time for recriminations and talk of change isn’t now, but after the final whistle of the Manchester City match - only then should the club take a cold hard look at the facts and act upon them. Until then we should remember our past, where we have come from to get where we are now, stop acting like sulky teenagers and once again...

#Together

Bolloxs get him out now, give Bruno the chance to get the squad #together while we are weighing up the options.

There would be no higher risk and every chance we would gain the points we need.

We are playing Russian roulette with Hughton left in as it has got from poor to a horror show how long can give someone, Tuesday just highlight how they did not play for him.

Sure it can't get any worse apart from relegation.

So what if we get the points we need or Cardiff can not get what they need to catch up??

Keep Boring Hughton for another 10 + matches in the premier league for him still to be stuck in default. So then we sack him and then chuck a man in after the transfer window?

What a waste of time and energy that would be.

The result have been shite and now is the time to part.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here