Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dale Stephens. Discuss...

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Yes, we've all had a pop at him for his crab-like tendencies but I genuinely fail to see why Chris Hughton's values him so much that he seems undroppable.

Last night took the cookie and in a cavalcade of crap, he stood out as the stinkiest of all.

I simply can't watch him play any more.

It's not good for my mental health.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Straight to them or into touch. What must Kayal feel like watching that ?!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Simply put - if Hughton starts him for the remaining five games, we ARE going down.

I don’t understand what Stephens has to do to be dropped. His worst ever performance last night.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The people sitting behind and infront of us were instantly on his back, literally instantly.
I got a little protective of him.

Stephens got pelters when he was left holding the dynamite after Bruno and Duffy were being fudging idiots in the NW corner.

It didn't take long before I had to concede I was very much on the wrong side of history.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
I obviously don't see his merits because national newspaper reports for both last night and Saturday, gave him the highest ranking for Brighton players. We clearly know nothing.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He's been shit for years it's just no one saw it, apart from me of course

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Let's go back to the very first game we played in the Premier League - Stephens dallies on the ball, gets it whipped off his feet by a City player and he hasn't got any better since. He's too slow - but this is a criticism that can be levelled at most of the players.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Good squad player, but on current form should not be in the first team. Slow and ponderous. This is the problem of the entire midfield and it is due to coaching. There was an occasion last night when we broke and propper and Stephens slowly jogged to the halfway line. This is hughton’s cautious approach, there was an occasion last season when Stephens was more forward looking for a few games, when he started giving the ball away, he reverted back to type, I assume under hughtons instructions. The problem is that this leaves a gap between midfield and the attack, and we still give the ball away at some point. Most teams in the premier will give the ball away then work hard to get it back, but no adventure means no goals. The players are crap at the moment, they should shoulder some of the blame, but the man in charge is most at fault.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Who exactly is he meant to pass to....AJ? March? Propper? Murray? All those who were on top of their game last night..not. I agree fully that Kayal should be playing, but not at the expense of Stephens

He could try not passing out for throw ins for a start.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I didn't realise we were allowed to discuss Dale Stephens.

A poster (Gullivers Travels?) raised the issue of his misplaced passes a few weeks ago and was roundly and patronisingly condemned by Those That Know. No idea why.

The first goal we conceded in the Premier League came from Stephens dilly-dallying on the ball. I guess we'll soon know what caused the last.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He has been as poor as everyone in the last two games, but the criticism of him before this was wrong IMHO. He isn’t on my list to drop just now, others are playing much worse.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
He has been as poor as everyone in the last two games, but the criticism of him before this was wrong IMHO. He isn’t on my list to drop just now, others are playing much worse.

It's that bad, is it?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
he's there because he's good at tackling and shielding the defense. when they are not blessed with pace, this is a good idea. however it relies on him being behind the ball, as not blessed with pace himself. he is also not a great passer, so frequently looks to offload to Dunk (who is). if he does go forward to support attack he leaves a large 50 yard hole which he cant cover. long seen him as the weakness of the team, a strength in 10 man defense tactics, a liability otherwise and not upto standard.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He's been shit for years it's just no one saw it, apart from me of course

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
And our small group of STHs.

That f.ucking song about never giving the ball away drives us mental.

He must have some dirt on somebody to never be dropped.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here