Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When will Hughton stop being the manager?

When will Hughton go?

• Before Wolves on Saturday

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • After Wolves but before Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • End of the season / before start of 19/20

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • September / October 2019 when we are struggling

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • He will still be here in May 2020

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Way home last night, all seven of us were unanimous that Hughton should go, but all thought Bloom wouldn’t sack him - The Hyypia debacle comes to mind.

So, when will he leave? Poll to follow.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think he will go at the end of the season - assuming we are relegated.
I suspect it will be his choice as he will know better than anyone that he has failed to deliver something, which was achievable

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The scary thing is that if we do by some miracle stay up, Hughton will have exceeded our minimum target for this season - we’d have stayed up and reached a Cup semi. Hard to fire a man who has just “over performed”.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think he will go at the end of the season - assuming we are relegated.
I suspect it will be his choice as he will know better than anyone that he has failed to deliver something, which was achievable

So you let him go on his terms when he is responsible for this unholy mess. You make no effort to rescue this situation, which he is clearly incapable of doing. We shouldn't be sinking toward inevitable relegation without trying to remedy this. CH pre/post match soundbites and PB rallying calls aren't going to do it.
The only way you give confidence back to the team is by removing the influence/s that are draining them of confidence in the first place. The influences that have shackled them and restricted them in their play and have instilled in them such a defensive mindset that now, when confidence has started to drain away, they have no vision or creativity or ability to think calmly or positively or put the opposition under any sort of pressure.
He would have gone before now at most clubs. His archaic, defensive tactics and sluggish players have no place in the pacy, direct and accurate PL. It is a throwback to when draws were worth half of wins and Italian clubs could throw a ' Catenaccio ' style blanket over other teams, stifling them and boring everyone to death, whilst grinding out 1-0 wins.
As of last night, his work had run its course. You could feel it everywhere. Sullen, sad, resigned faces. Why continue the pain?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So you let him go on his terms
Yes he has earned that right.

when he is responsible for this unholy mess.
He is responsible, though not solely to blame - and deserves the opportunity to correct it.

The only way you give confidence back to the team is by removing the influence/s that are draining them of confidence in the first place. The influences that have shackled them and restricted them in their play.

This is the same manager who gave effectively the same players the belief to stay up, when the odds were stacked against them.
Most players have expressed gratitude and respect for his man-management style. The players owe him and us a performance.

He would have gone before now at most clubs.

We aren't most clubs

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
The year is 2025 and Chris Hughton, Brighton Manager post-match interview states "in all my $%$ing years have I ever seen a disgraceful, spineless display like that against a team like Walsall".

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I say he should go now. Put Bruno in charge of the team (possibly assisted by Mullery for non team matters) so that we scrape some points during the honeymoon period then look again in the summer.

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'd like to think the search for a long term replacement has already started. Attracting anyone better won't be easy if we go down, or are odds on to go down.

It's clear the current set up hasn't been working for months now, the big gamble is who or what can keep us up? Or do we just accept the inevitable . . .

Albion my Albion

Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Because of the cowardly nature of the owners of the Albion and because I'm been spending all my time foolishly on the Count to 500,000 thread and didn't vote earlier in this poll before Hughton was sacked I decided to go with after the season. First poll I've gotten correct in a while.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
Can't see him leaving before the start of next season.

He's earned the right to have another go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here