Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have we ever faced a team like that in such a crucial game?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
In any of the most important games we've played I cannot remember ever facing a team away from home who needed to win so badly and them posing as little threat as we did last night. There was no squeaky bum time for Cardiff or their fans at all. Not even a slightly concerning 5 minutes. They turned up to their must win away game and won easily. Completely unchallenged.

Have we ever been given that sort of opportunity in similar games?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In any of the most important games we've played I cannot remember ever facing a team away from home who needed to win so badly and them posing as little threat as we did last night. There was no squeaky bum time for Cardiff or their fans at all. Not even a slightly concerning 5 minutes. They turned up to their must win away game and won easily. Completely unchallenged.

Have we ever been given that sort of opportunity in similar games?

They didn’t even play that well, I have some hope they still might not win another game. They barely laid a glove on us first 20mins, we seemed to play the best football we’d played in a while, just couldn’t convert promising possession into chances. They then break and score and it broke any fragile confident we’d gained early in the game.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Said the same last night, I bet they couldn’t believe their luck.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Their fans even had time to ask Warnock for a wave and he duly obliged. Neil ****ing Warnock had time and a complete lack of any worries, to be able to wave at the away support in a relegation 6 pointer away from home! We were nothing short of a laughingstock on that pitch yesterday...

I thought that I may have calmed down this morning but clearly not. :rant:

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I guess us playing Norwich at home promotion season, wasn't it 2nd vs 3rd at the time and they were in form and we hammered them 5-0 or something?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
easiest game Etheridge has had all season I would suggest.

Bet Warnock could not believe it. A must win game for us last night, a home game and against a poor side and after 10 mins we had run out ideas.

peterward

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 11, 2009

Bet Warnock could not believe it. A must win game for us last night, a home game and against a poor side and after 10 mins we had run out ideas.

Because there’s no attacking tactics.

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We played that game with all the spirit, vim and vigour of a condemned man on his way to the gallows

el punal

It was 20 minutes. We were okay up to then, but, and the enormous BIG BUT, we didn’t score. We nearly did, then lost the ball, Cardiff broke away, they scored. Game over. Good night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here