Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steve Gritt could be our saviour - again!

Let me run my idea by you.
We send Chris on gardening leave for the rest of the season and temporarily bring in a man who has already been successful in inspiring a seemingly doomed Albion team to avoid relegation (11 points adrift when he took over in 1997). I'm thinking along the lines of Ole at Old Trafford, whose respect by all at the club seemed to totally transform the attitude of the players. Gritt is a figure that the fans can rally around too (maybe they'll actually sing for him past the first goal being conceded!) He's only 61 and has been in management this season. I know people will scoff because he was only assistant at Ebbsfleet, but he was part of the successful management team there from 2015 to 2018. Desperate situations call for desperate measures; it's got to be worth a shot, Shirley?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
reckon Oatway in the dressing room and training pitch might be a productive idea.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Let me run my idea by you.
We send Chris on gardening leave for the rest of the season and temporarily bring in a man who has already been successful in inspiring a seemingly doomed Albion team to avoid relegation (11 points adrift when he took over in 1997). I'm thinking along the lines of Ole at Old Trafford, whose respect by all at the club seemed to totally transform the attitude of the players. Gritt is a figure that the fans can rally around too (maybe they'll actually sing for him past the first goal being conceded!) He's only 61 and has been in management this season. I know people will scoff because he was only assistant at Ebbsfleet, but he was part of the successful management team there from 2015 to 2018. Desperate situations call for desperate measures; it's got to be worth a shot, Shirley?

Having read your post with intrest it left me wondering did Shirley have an opinion?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I spoke with Gully last night.

Can't give any details, but let's just say he's been biding his time, and his time may have come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here