Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What has Kayal done wrong

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Look we have been through this before, this more backwards thing is a myth. Stop peddling it. At thus level Stephens is limited and needs other players around him to create, but he does not pass back more then forwards.
90cad1455fe2fe77531fca8b26e0ca22.jpg

So according to this, Stephens has made 1000+ passes and 321 forward. That's around 30 percent - 1 in 3. The remaining 70 percent are sideways or backwards or out/ to opposition players.

Kayals is around 50 percent.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Stephens - "Doesn't matter how many times I pass to the opposition or lose possession, Chris will still pick me and a lot of brain dead fans will sing about how I never give the ball away".

Aye-eee-aye..........oh shut up.

Always pass the ball sideways

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Comparing stats? Christ this isn't Championship manager. The fact is that Gary Dicker would have done a better job than Stephens has in the last 2 games.

Kayal MUST play in the next match. He brings energy, drive and quality, which is exactly what we've lacked.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
We are simply too slow with both Stephens and Propper in the middle. Kayal may arguably not be as a good a passer as either but we need some of his desire, grit and energy to lift the team as a whole. Someone who will inspire others to do the same.

This.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Comparing stats? Christ this isn't Championship manager. The fact is that Gary Dicker would have done a better job than Stephens has in the last 2 games.

Kayal MUST play in the next match. He brings energy, drive and quality, which is exactly what we've lacked.

This

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The "Big chances created" and assists stats are telling IMHO. Creating chances to score has been a major problem for us and it seems from this that even though Stephens has the ball and makes more passes he's actually really bad at that, unlike Kayal.

Essentially Kayal creates a goalscoring opportunity once every 72 passes. By contrast Stephens creates one every 1,051 passes.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Kayal would venture forward into (dare I say it) an attacking position and Chris would have a heart attack. Much better to play four centre halves with Stephens and Proper in front of Dunk and Duffy leaving 50yds of pitch for the opposition to fill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here