Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Winstanley

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
What dan ashworth is coming in for stop us blowing money on duds that don’t fit the system.
Said in other threads previously should have been in for Brooks at Bournemouth, wood before he went to Burnley, James from
Swansea, Jarrod Bowen at hull and Chr Adams at Birmingham all players that were or still are obtainable and all young players with ambition to play at the top level. All 5 would have cost less that AJ, Locadia and Izzy

Bournemouth signed Brooks from Sheff Utd in the summer for near enough £10 million. How would our fans have reacted if we spent that on a player who had played one season in the Championship

ChazzyBHA

Dec 27, 2011
Very harsh IMO. He’s made some cracking signings in Gross, Ryan, Bernardo, Izquierdo etc and doesn’t deserve the criticism given. We’ve always as a club struggled to sign a decent attacker, hence signing Murray coming back has been our best attacking signing. It’s hard at this level to sign a top striker for anywhere under £25M which we have tried to do. If by a miracle we stay up, hopefully the club will clear out the trash and finally spend the money to keep us where we belong.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
This is a long term project for TB I believe and he is not going to have any knee-jerk reactions over recent results. He is building an enterprise that will be self-sustaining and not need his constant subsidies. I hope.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Bournemouth signed Brooks from Sheff Utd in the summer for near enough £10 million. How would our fans have reacted if we spent that on a player who had played one season in the Championship

He was clearly very talented and going places and 7 goals and 5 assists is a great return from 28 league games he’s played shows you can pick up better players from the leagues below that what you spend on some players abroad. £14 million on Locadia or £18 million on AJ looks pretty poor business by comparison.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He’s the one that should be going.

Spending £31 million pound on Locadia and Jahanbakhsh what an absolute joke.

It’s like giving a carpenter a blunt chisel and faulty screwdriver and expecting a perfect wardrobe.

CH should have been given the right players to allow him to setup a team that can attack and play exciting football. There isn’t a manager that could get a tune out of those donkeys.

You have this the wrong way around. Hughton wouldn’t play attacking football if we signed Messi, Suarez and Bale.

The squad we have is OK. Not great for the Premier League, but it is OK. Certainly good enough to stay up. It’s the guy that gives the instructions that is the problem.

Do you think Solly March wants to pick up the ball on the wing, check back, pass it to Stephens, for him to pass it back to Duffy (or to nobody at all and out of play) for him to pass it to Ryan? Of course he doesn’t. Propper plays the number 10 role for Holland and has scored more goals for them than he has for us. Do you think he wants to play as a dreary centre midfielder that doesn’t shoot or create chances?

We have the players to compete. Look at Cardiff’s line up tonight. Woeful.

With a decent manager in charge we would have been safe weeks ago.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We have failed to sign any leaders to replace the old guard that led the team. Bruno, Sidwell, Rosenior all played a huge part in the mental strength of our championship match day squad and I look at our starting 11 since xmas and wonder who on earth has the cojones to drive the team forward. Duffy at best. Dunk looked like he was going to get at one point tonight. We have signed the softest bunch if melts in history.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
A couple of misjudged signings doesn’t cause abject performances like the last 3 home games.

A couple, a couple!;

I give you donkeys
Jahanbasch
Locadia
Balogen
Dare I say apart from a couple of games last year izcardo
Seriously how good ; ( or not upto it??) Propper
Pin eyes Montoya?
Never in position but let’s say raw talent Bissouma
Andone - possible Ok
Bernado one possible shining light.

I say recruitment take a long hard look at yourselves

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If you have a decent recruitment team and they are not obsessed with looking for the next 'unknown' star player in the Dutch equivalent of The Championship I would have been happy. Sometimes clubs take a risk with players like Brooks and Vardy. Players that are used to English football. Not recruiting in January, when everybody knew that we needed a goal scorer and midfielder, has proven to be costly.

Now is a good time to reinvent The Albion. Starting with team management and coaching. Ashworth should be working on the recruitment side of things-if he sticks around that is. We just need somebody running the first team who isn't afraid of his own shadow.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just 1 quality striker could of made all the difference even spending 30 million plus whereas we could lose 100 million being relegated

What would be the point in wasting so much money.
Salah wouldn't get in our team ahead of Murrayoffside, and any new singing, for a position that already has a 'favourite' playing in, has to wait 4 months for a 10 minute substitute appearance.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No one was questioning our signings when we were almost in the top 10 by December.

It's astonishing that so many rather blame the signings than the manager.
We were almost in the top 10 in December thanks to some unexpected flukey wins. We were nowhere near as good as that position suggested. Well clear of relegation, going along ok-ish, then Hughton puts on the brakes with both feet and tells everybody " just don't lose'. For good measure he took out all the forward gears and applied the parking brake.

How does Dunk go from playing for England to looking Non League in a few months?

Bye Bye Hughton.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
Plenty of poor excuses from everyone on here. The main point as mentioned before is we’ve got the team/squad to be safe this year and we’ve underachieved through poor tactics and game management.

Blame the new signings all you want but time and time again we fail to get the best out of these players when they come to Brighton. Propper for example has scored 1 goal in 64 games!

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Locadia and Ali come from a league which is championship level at best. They are not prem ready and I doubt they are good enough. CH has been forced to play them because of the money spent but they are not good enough. It's not CH fault but the simple fact is that we've wasted a lot of money on 2 players who thought they were amazing in their league but have been found out in the prem and now have little interest in fighting for the team.

That would be the league Ajax play in.... how did they get on last night.
#HughtonOUT”

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
Just 1 quality striker could of made all the difference even spending 30 million plus whereas we could lose 100 million being relegated

We don’t create chances at the moment... I feel sorry for Andone and Murray for the lack of chances they have. Constantly coming deep to get the ball moving up the pitch.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Nothing wrong with recruitment. Not all signings will be a hit.
But give that talent to our manager and everything is drained from them.
Bissouma goes from first choice to not even in the match day squad last night.
Our £17m CF sits on the bench whilst Duffy is sent forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here