Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Team For Wolves

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
How on earth under current form are Stephens and Propper playing in front of Kayal. Both have been absolutely gash for weeks and the main reason why we have been over run by every midfield in recent weeks against sides that were below us. It goes to show how weak are squad is if he sticks with the same team after bad performances. He can’t be expecting a reaction from the players because they are the same players he has said that about for weeks. I hope he can produce a result from somewhere but having not scored for weeks, In fact hardly created a chance, I am not holding my breath. 4-0 to Wolves written all over it. Hope people will bounce later lol

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Phew! And Chris was really going to go for it today - get that shape well back in our own half, lads!

To be honest, I’ve been on here more than anyone desperate for some form of attacking intent. But sometimes you have to adapt to the team in front of you and realise what you are. And it seems CH has thought along the same lines as me based on his team selection today :angel:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He’s right. Bernardo is a very talented player but Bong is more solid in a 4-4-1-1

He's not right that he's a better defender though. That's an absolutely nonsensical statement to make. If he'd said "he knows his limitations and as a result shows much less ambition and therefore is willing to sacrifice all attacking intent to sit next to Dunk all game and just be a pure defender", then I'd have agreed. To say he's a better defender is a ludicrous statement.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
To say he's a better defender is a ludicrous statement.

In your opinion. Not in mine. Bong is very solid. He’s proved that time and time again most recently on Saturday. Hughton agrees. Why else would he make a back to basics statement last week then drop Bernardo?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
In your opinion. Not in mine. Bong is very solid. He’s proved that time and time again most recently on Saturday. Hughton agrees. Why else would he make a back to basics statement last week then drop Bernardo?

Because he knows that Bong will happily sit next to Dunk and not move. That doesn't make him a better defender. It just makes him a traffic cone of a footballer in a very specific, archaic system.

I'm not even saying Bong doesn't have his uses. I even said in the "team for Wolves thread" that I'd have been tempted to start him as I knew we'd sit back for the whole game and Bong would show no ambition whatsoever. But that doesn't make him a better defender. In simple terms, he's a good defender in one type of system. He isn't the versatile defender than Bernardo is.

What it actually does say though, is a lot about CH and his inability to get us being anything other than a side that sits deep and hopes to stop the other team scoring. In simple terms, if Bong is the answer, then you're asking the wrong footballing questions at this level as Bernardo is on a totally different level to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here