Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Feels like we’ve been relegated tonight

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There’s fight from most players, apart from a couple who are scared of tackling.

Just a lack of pace, instinctive skill and calmness of mind.

Didn’t see any fight tonight? Missed Saturday but from what I heard...! But yes, with those other traits added it’s just awful to watch.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Honestly, would the Premier League miss us? What have we contributed this season?

Last season we had some novelty value, a new ground for some clubs to visit, Pascal Gross was getting assists and looking like a bargain advertisement for our clever recruitment system and Dunk and Duffy were an impenetrable wall.

Now we're a soft touch for anyone needing points and our new players are liabilities. We've lost twice to Cardiff, Burnley and PLB, and taken only a point each from Fulham and Southampton. I'm struggling to think of many players I'd want to keep if, by some miracle, we stay up. Bissouma, Bernardo, Dunk, Duffy, Stephens, Kayal, Gross, March and, er ....

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Probably around the same (2), in a season with 8 more games.

So this season is almost as successful as the season we almost dropped out of the championship; the season we changed our manager to avoid what then looked like relegation?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Honestly, would the Premier League miss us? What have we contributed this season?

Last season we had some novelty value, a new ground for some clubs to visit, Pascal Gross was getting assists and looking like a bargain advertisement for our clever recruitment system and Dunk and Duffy were an impenetrable wall.

Now we're a soft touch for anyone needing points and our new players are liabilities. We've lost twice to Cardiff, Burnley and PLB, and taken only a point each from Fulham and Southampton. I'm struggling to think of many players I'd want to keep if, by some miracle, we stay up. Bissouma, Bernardo, Dunk, Duffy, Stephens, Kayal, Gross, March and, er ....

We’d be forgotten in a flash. Two wins over ManU the highlight, but some ingloriously dull football, results in the main built on defence.

There’d be no mad dash to spend fortunes on the players. Even Dunk’s game has collapsed.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So this season is almost as successful as the season we almost dropped out of the championship; the season we changed our manager to avoid what then looked like relegation?

Our midfield is as successful. We had Chris O'Grady and Leon Best up front then as opposed to Murray/Andone now, so you could say we're better equipped in other areas.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I can’t see where another point is coming from because I can’t see where a goal is coming from and our defence is just so weak.

Cardiff need a win, and they deserve one. We don’t.

I know people are saying that we can get a point against Newcastle etc, but with our limited players, predictable system and confidence shattered, we can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just home and passed jubilant Cardiff fans on the way down M4. We are down, there’s no doubting that. Anyone who says otherwise clearly isn’t in control of their cerebral. The utter lack of any fight was hard to witness, but that only gets your so far. We also have a lack of talent. They’re just not good enough and we need to accept that. Have been saying for an age how rubbish our midfield is, we missed 3 transfer windows to improve it. I doubt any PL team has ever had such paucity of goals in 2 seasons that we’ve seen from Stephens and Propper. Nothing short of a disgrace. The most boring unimaginative Albion midfield I think I’ve ever seen relative to division teams been in. How it’s been allowed to continue I have no idea. When I saw the team announced it was sheer disbelief. You’ve got to question Hughtons judgement, what on earth was he doing with that beyond doubt it won’t work set up and selection? all so predictable. We all saw it coming tonight. And that’s why we will be relegated. Absolutely no doubt and you're a ****ing moron if you still can’t see why it’s now inevitable.

Bring back Richard Carpenter from retirement!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'll certainly stick with it. I've seen us survive from much worse situations than 2 points clear of the relegation zone with 5 games to play, so certainly not throwing in the towel yet.

Ah.....but when we survived on those occasions, the players involved managed a few basics......passing to the same colour shirt....actually controlling the ball.....created a chance in front of goal....summoned up some passion and fight....played for the manager....didn't have to play...Wolves...Tottenham....Newcastle....Arsenal and Man City.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The worst thing I'm feeling right now is that even if, by some miracle, we manage to stay up, next season will be identical.

No...it will be worse....it will be whipping boys scenario like Huddersfield....100% guarantee we will not get 20 points.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
They won’t - they are a terrible side.

Fulham are playing for a new manager and a rebuild and Palace players ahead of a summer rebuild

Oh...I love a bit of blind optimism.
Do you honestly think Palace are going to relish that? Cardiff will be at their throats from the word go and darling Wilfred won't fancy it. Fulham are hopeless at the back. They won't be able to withstand the long throws and free kicks.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Oh...I love a bit of blind optimism.
Do you honestly think Palace are going to relish that? Cardiff will be at their throats from the word go and darling Wilfred won't fancy it. Fulham are hopeless at the back. They won't be able to withstand the long throws and free kicks.

Cardiff are equally hopeless at the back and Fulham are decent going forward.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This isn't about formations. 4-4-1-1 / 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 (allegedly) / 4-4-2 have all been tried in utter desperation and it really makes no difference how we play it, we're just crap.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not for many years have I felt so low watching the Albion.
4 months of similar football managed by someone who has no idea how to get the best out of the players.
Just like the hyppia days

In many ways it felt worse than saturday, particularly the realisation that the Bournemouth game wasn't a one-off. All the fight appears to have gone out of the players and they no longer seem to be able to function as a team. Last night was like watching a car crash in slow motion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here