Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Feels like we’ve been relegated tonight

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I could of won us that game tonight just a matter of picking the right team, unfortunately our useless manger decided to play a 38 year old and start a clearly unfit Gross. No movement no player wanted the ball zero belief. The joke of the night Hughton only reacted when the crowd reacted clearly has lost the players. Its still in our hands but not with Hughton in charge.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Feels like it. But we haven't.

5 games... and 2 points could well be enough. Another nailed-on penalty not given early tonight which very likely would have changed everything. One moment like that going in our favour could be the difference. Let's just hope Newcastle are already starting to think about their summer holidays.

I'm not denying that we've been dreadful in the last 3 home games. But it's not over 'til it's over.

Not just the last 3 home games, goes back to Man Utd - the last good home game. I'm loving your optimism, and if you can stick with it, I salute you. A big part of me has given up now simply because it is just too painful, and the best way for me to deal is just to accept. The Championship is an exciting division, and part of me wants the bullet from Man City on last day, because I fear next season will be a "Huddersfield". See who Dan brings in (bet he will enjoy the change to his job description!)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Any team who loses twice in a season to Cardiff, who were odds-on at the start of the season to get relegated, deserve to be relegated themselves. :down:
Southampton have lost twice to Cardiff as well. Can they go down instead, please ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Any team who loses twice in a season to Cardiff, who were odds-on at the start of the season to get relegated, deserve to be relegated themselves. :down:

A point from PL whipping boys Fulham, a Burnley double over us. We’re shit.

Reminds me of the Withdean season that ended in Stoke scoring 5 there. A heavy cloud hanging over a squad out of its depth.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It does, you can't get away from it. Losing twice to Cardiff is a disgrace, they are such a poor side, but Warnock gets a tune from and instils confidence in his inferior players. There is a real grudging respect for the wins he has dragged out of them this season.

The required post mortem into our abysmal 2019 is getting longer and more painful with each passing week. I just cannot believe that the promotion we waited 34 years for and the players worked so hard to achieve over 6/7 years is being tossed away in such a pathetic manner. We might never get back there if we go down, that is the reality. And I honestly can't remember seeing a Brighton team so scared and devoid of confidence since the bad old League Two days.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I wouldn't want Colin as our manager but I would like a manager who has his energy and passion and above all the ability to inspire very average players

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not just the last 3 home games, goes back to Man Utd - the last good home game. I'm loving your optimism, and if you can stick with it, I salute you. A big part of me has given up now simply because it is just too painful, and the best way for me to deal is just to accept. The Championship is an exciting division, and part of me wants the bullet from Man City on last day, because I fear next season will be a "Huddersfield". See who Dan brings in (bet he will enjoy the change to his job description!)

I'll certainly stick with it. I've seen us survive from much worse situations than 2 points clear of the relegation zone with 5 games to play, so certainly not throwing in the towel yet.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Let’s be fair, we don’t deserve to stay up. Look at our record against those teams around us (except the hapless Huddersfield), it truly shocking.
I can see Cardiff winning 2 games as they have a bit of fight in them and a manager who inspires them and us only managing a point as we have no confidence and have seemingly lost faith in the manager!
When was the last time we won a ‘must win’ game? Unfortunately we have always botttled the big games!

If we finish 17th, we deserve to stay up because there were 3 worse teams across the course of the whole season. If we finish 18th, we don't. Simple as that.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The worst thing I'm feeling right now is that even if, by some miracle, we manage to stay up, next season will be identical.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Man for man and in cost of squad we should be taking AT LEAST 4 Points from Cardiff. Their manager v ours meant zero. We only took ONE point from Fulham ffs. In fact how many points v the bottom six? Spineless cowardly tactics have killed us and our spirit.

We deserve to go down and you can only lay the blame at the managers door as we certainly should have been good enough to be better than Cardiff who have far less talent at their disposal.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Man for man and in cost of squad we should be taking AT LEAST 4 Points from Cardiff. Their manager v ours meant zero. We only took ONE point from Fulham ffs. In fact how many points v the bottom six? Spineless cowardly tactics have killed us and our spirit.

The six points that Palace gifted us is keeping us in the battle at least.

We deserve to go down and you can only lay the blame at the managers door as we certainly should have been good enough to be better than Cardiff who have far less talent at their disposal.

We'll deserve to go down if we finish in the bottom three, not before.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Two games against Wolves and Newcastle to get the points we need to stay up.

What a ****ing disaster this year has been, how the **** has it come to this?

Show what you can do Hughton, prove the naysayers wrong and keep us up.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just home and passed jubilant Cardiff fans on the way down M4. We are down, there’s no doubting that. Anyone who says otherwise clearly isn’t in control of their cerebral. The utter lack of any fight was hard to witness, but that only gets your so far. We also have a lack of talent. They’re just not good enough and we need to accept that. Have been saying for an age how rubbish our midfield is, we missed 3 transfer windows to improve it. I doubt any PL team has ever had such paucity of goals in 2 seasons that we’ve seen from Stephens and Propper. Nothing short of a disgrace. The most boring unimaginative Albion midfield I think I’ve ever seen relative to division teams been in. How it’s been allowed to continue I have no idea. When I saw the team announced it was sheer disbelief. You’ve got to question Hughtons judgement, what on earth was he doing with that beyond doubt it won’t work set up and selection? all so predictable. We all saw it coming tonight. And that’s why we will be relegated. Absolutely no doubt and you're a ****ing moron if you still can’t see why it’s now inevitable.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just home and passed jubilant Cardiff fans on the way down M4. We are down, there’s no doubting that. Anyone who says otherwise clearly isn’t in control of their cerebral. The utter lack of any fight was hard to witness, but that only gets your so far. We also have a lack of talent. They’re just not good enough and we need to accept that. Have been saying for an age how rubbish our midfield is, we missed 3 transfer windows to improve it. I doubt any PL team has ever had such paucity of goals in 2 seasons that we’ve seen from Stephens and Propper. Nothing short of a disgrace. The most boring unimaginative Albion midfield I think I’ve ever seen relative to division teams been in. How it’s been allowed to continue I have no idea. When I saw the team announced it was sheer disbelief. You’ve got to question Hughtons judgement, what on earth was he doing with that beyond doubt it won’t work set up and selection? all so predictable. We all saw it coming tonight. And that’s why we will be relegated. Absolutely no doubt and you're a ****ing moron if you still can’t see why it’s now inevitable.

There’s fight from most players, apart from a couple who are scared of tackling.

Just a lack of pace, instinctive skill and calmness of mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here