Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings - Cardiff

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Why no Bissouma or Locadia today? The only players who mix PL level abilty with elite athelete capabilities. Get those two in with Kayal and maybe even a semi fit Izquierdo and we might snatch another goal this season.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Ryan 2 stopped some really hard back passes no saves useless
Bruno 6 nice to see the skipper back
Duffy 3 i dont know
Dunk 2 Lewes is down the road pal.
Ali J 3
March 6 best of a bad bunch
Stephens 2 how shit do you have to be to get dropped
Propper 4 Waste of space
Gross 4 nice to see him back, should be fitter nnext time out.
Murray 7 Tried hard 100% but no support

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Ryan - 3 - Can't remember the last time he made a real save.
Bruno - 5 - Pleased to see him back.
Dunk - 4 - Looks beaten.
Duffy - 5 - Looked low on confidence but gave everything.
Bernardo - 5 - Needed to get forward more.
March - 6 - Our best player on the night
Stephens - 1 - Worst I can remember seeing him play, absolute embarrassment.
Gross - 5 - Pleased he's back but looked unfit.
AJ - 1 - I keep thinking he's gonna come good, but with every passing match I just feel as if he's sh**ting down my throat.
Murray - 5 - Alone and isolated, I love him but his best years are long over.

Hughton - 0 - Failed to adapt and consistently outwitted by opposition managers. Poor tactics and sending a CB up as a makeshift striker when you still have a sub left and a striker on the bench pretty much sums it up. Abject misery. The team look low on confidence and ideas, unfamiliar with their roles and the personnel around them, it's a managers job to organise and instil confidence and familiarisation with the players, and todays performance highlights CH's failure to do so. He needs to leave amicably while we still hold the dying embers of survival in our grasp, he stays and I fear we a down. Roll the dice Mr Bloom.

Propper - 1 - It's only when I counted the team before posting that I realised I'd missed someone. F**king s**te, pranced around without a care in the world.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Stephens was horrendous- watch his positioning for the first goal (as well as the seemingly dozens of misplaced passes), Propper not much better. Gross ponderous.

Agree with the above (although Pröpper just as woeful as Stephens). I also felt Stephens positioning cost us the first goal.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Im a Ryan fan, but he needs to make a save
Im a Dunk/Duffy fan, but they need to stop being our playmakers and get back to stopping shots
Im a Stephens fan, but tonight was the worst I've seen him play
Im a Proper fan, but he needs to have a bit more fight and want it more.
Im a March fan, but he needs to stop being a pussy and man up and realize how good he is
Im a Murray fan, but he needs to control the ball before getting fouled. Also a goal would be nice

Ali J and Izzy - need to get fit. Ali J has been playing with some serious bandaging on this right thigh, while Izzy has some heavy knee strapping going on.

We need all of these players to step up.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So I take it we were absolute shite again? Poorly organised, slow, predictable, lifeless and not up for the fight?

It's a little baffling how shit we've become. Like a Hyppia team but without the football. The most damning indictment of this team is that we're going to allow a team that starts Joe Bennett regularly stay in the Premier league...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Ryan 5.5
The two goals were others' fault, not his, but didn't do much beyond that. Kicking marginally less pants than recently.

Bruno 5
Cared, and made a few runs forward if not many actual crosses or final balls. That we're so reliant on a 38 year old is embarrassing.

Dunk 4
Shouldn't have conceded their second. Form and progress falling apart; can see him confused with his role as the team in front of him vanishes and his previous focus on defending gets lost.

Duffy 4.5
We have a corner. I know, let's lob it way way way past the far post, to where Duffy has three markers on him, and hope he can somehow head it back across goal. Because we haven't done that for the last four corners in a row. Sums up Shane's status as, apparently, our only hope of getting a goal. Joke. The bloke tries, but come on. Has it really come to this? Always chucking Duffy forward like it's a Sunday pub match, and then not even using him anyway?

Bernardo 3.5
Didn't do much wrong defensively, but not much going forward either.

Stephens 0
I don't give a shit if he's good at positionally protecting the back four, or whatever his redeeming feature is meant to be. As a professional footballer, I expect him to be able to pass the ball to a team mate. Not into touch. Not to the opposition. Not into emptiness. Almost every single ****ing time. This was a performance so embarrassingly bad I actually started to feel for him, he probably wanted the ground to open up and swallow him. Even if CH for some unfathomable reason still thinks he's better than giving Kayal a go, a savvy man-manager would have taken Stephens off just to save him the humiliation.

Pröpper 3
At times you almost forget he's on the pitch. Doesn't really seem to want the ball, or the fight, or anything really. A competent footballer, but has clearly checked out of Team Albion.

March 6.5
Cracking turn, run and shot in the opening minute. Come on Albion, we can ****ing do this!! Then... oh. No. We can't. Our best player in another awful game.

Jahanbaksh 1
Sorry, my patience has finally gone. He's not going to get any better, is he? Summed up by the moment in the second half when the ball broke to him in the box. Could this be it, at last? Will he shoot? Will he cross? Will he... one indecisive touch, two indecisive touch, three indecisive touch, ball dribbles feebly over the dead ball line for a goal kick. £17m ladies and gentlemen.

Groß 3.5
Clearly rusty. The hope he could provide the link we've been missing was always optimistic, and so it proved.

Murray 3
Had a chance early in the first half when the Cardiff keeper committed to racing out his box. One yard of pace and Murray could have tapped the ball past him and been clean through. Sadly one yard of pace is what Murray doesn't have. Still, plenty of offsides, plenty of backing into defenders then falling to the turf, plenty of collecting the ball near the touchline and not being able to do anything with it. Glenn should have been made an impact sub at the start of the season, and nothing more. The fact we still play him, week in week out, as if he's suddenly going to magically turn into a 30 year old Glenn Murray, is a damning indictment of how wrong things have gone.

Andone 2
Every single time he gets the ball, play stops for an infringement. Sometimes seems he does get a rough deal from the officials, but it's bloody annoying. Maybe he should try American Football, at least that's meant to be a game that stops and starts again every few seconds.

Izquierdo 2
Painfully unfit and out of form. The moment when he collected the ball on the wing, inevitably came inside for his telegraphed "I'm going to shoot now" effort and promptly ballooned it over the bar was almost a parody of what he used to be.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
In all honesty

Bruno 5 (fairly competent, match rusty)

Dunk 2 (turned into an overated shot stopper, creates nothing)

Duffy 2 (as above)

Bernardo 4 (no connection with man up front or to the side)

Stephens 2 (always gives the ball away)

Pröpper 3 (wandered about)

March 4 (still playing like he’s just broken through from the youth team)

Jahanbaksh 3 (zero creativity)

Groß 4 (looked like he’d just been explained the rules pre-kick off)

Murray 5 (what are you doing on the wing?)

Andone 4 (lots of running, no runs)
Izquierdo 3 (seems like a stranger)

Hughton 1 (definition of madness - keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. But, the nicest man in football)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
In all honesty

Ryan 4 (still suffering jet lag?)

Bruno 5 (fairly competent, match rusty)

Dunk 2 (turned into an overated shot stopper, creates nothing)

Duffy 2 (as above)

Bernardo 4 (no connection with man up front or to the side)

Stephens 2 (always gives the ball away)

Pröpper 3 (wandered about)

March 4 (still playing like he’s just broken through from the youth team)

Jahanbaksh 3 (zero creativity)

Groß 4 (looked like he’d just been explained the rules pre-kick off)

Murray 5 (what are you doing on the wing?)

Andone 4 (lots of running, no runs)
Izquierdo 3 (seems like a stranger)

Hughton 1 (definition of madness - keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. But, the nicest man in football)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ryan 5.5
The two goals were others' fault, not his, but didn't do much beyond that. Kicking marginally less pants than recently.

Bruno 5
Cared, and made a few runs forward if not many actual crosses or final balls. That we're so reliant on a 38 year old is embarrassing.

Dunk 4
Shouldn't have conceded their second. Form and progress falling apart; can see him confused with his role as the team in front of him vanishes and his previous focus on defending gets lost.

Duffy 4.5
We have a corner. I know, let's lob it way way way past the far post, to where Duffy has three markers on him, and hope he can somehow head it back across goal. Because we haven't done that for the last four corners in a row. Sums up Shane's status as, apparently, our only hope of getting a goal. Joke. The bloke tries, but come on. Has it really come to this? Always chucking Duffy forward like it's a Sunday pub match, and then not even using him anyway?

Bernardo 3.5

Stephens 0
I don't give a shit if he's good at positionally protecting the back four, or whatever his redeeming feature is meant to be. As a professional footballer, I expect him to be able to pass the ball to a team mate. Not into touch. Not to the opposition. Not into emptiness. Almost every single ****ing time. This was a performance so embarrassingly bad I actually started to feel for him, he probably wanted the ground to open up and swallow him. Even if CH for some unfathomable reason still thinks he's better than giving Kayal a go, a savvy man-manager would have taken Stephens off just to save him the humiliation.

Pröpper 3
At times you almost forget he's on the pitch. Doesn't really seem to want the ball, or the fight, or anything really. A competent footballer, but has clearly checked out of Team Albion.

March 6.5
Cracking turn, run and shot in the opening minute. Come on Albion, we can ****ing do this!! Then... oh. No. We can't. Our best player in another awful game.

Jahanbaksh 1
Sorry, my patience has finally gone. He's not going to get any better, is he? Summed up by the moment in the second half when the ball broke to him in the box. Could this be it, at last? Will he shoot? Will he cross? Will he... one indecisive touch, two indecisive touch, three indecisive touch, ball dribbles feebly over the dead ball line for a goal kick. £17m ladies and gentlemen.

Groß 3.5
Clearly rusty. The hope he could provide the link we've been missing was always optimistic, and so it proved.

Murray 3
Had a chance early in the first half when the Cardiff keeper committed to racing out his box. One yard of pace and Murray could have tapped the ball past him and been clean through. Sadly one yard of pace is what Murray doesn't have. Still, plenty of offsides, plenty of backing into defenders then falling to the turf, plenty of collecting the ball near the touchline and not being able to do anything with it. Glenn should have been made an impact sub at the start of the season, and nothing more. The fact we still play him, week in week out, as if he's suddenly going to magically turn into a 30 year old Glenn Murray, is a damning indictment of how wrong things have gone.

Andone 2
Every single time he gets the ball, play stops for an infringement. Sometimes seems he does get a rough deal from the officials, but it's bloody annoying. Maybe he should try American Football, at least that's meant to be a game that stops and starts again every few seconds.

Izquierdo 2
Painfully unfit and out of form. The moment when he collected the ball on the wing, inevitably came inside for his telegraphed "I'm going to shoot now" effort and promptly ballooned it over the bar was almost a parody of what he used to be.

Thanks for putting in way more effort than (most of ) the players did
An excellent summary

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Ryan 5.5

Bruno 5

Dunk 4

Duffy 4.5

Bernardo 3.5

Stephens 0

Pröpper 3

March 6.5

Jahanbaksh 1

Groß 3.5

Murray 3

Andone 2

Izquierdo 2

I agree you have got it about spot on only things I would add is CH can only play players at his disposal and we have been unlucky with injuries that said other teams have the same problems but they seem to be able to change tactics to suit the players available and to have faith in the squard as a whole in bringing in some younger players but hey that's all if buts and maybes we are were we are Cardif now have there tails up.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ryan 2 - couldn't do much about the goals (especially the first) but looked shaky and nervy

Bernardo 2 - hard to do much when you're surrounded by mediocrity
Duffy 1 - at least showed willing but was frustrated and let it boil over toward the end
Dunk 1 - only player taking it forward at times
Bruno 3 - big ask to come into this shambles, didn't embarrass himself

Jahanbakhsh 0 - lucky to score that high
Stephens 0 - Cardiff's MOTM
Propper 0 - Only slightly less shit than Stephens, in the same way food poisoning is slightly less shit than norovirus
March 5 MOTM - at least he tried

Gross 3 - slow, had a few moments but could produce nothing
Murray 1 - sorry Glenn, time to hang the boots up now mate

Subs:
Andone 1 - did **** all
Izquierdo 1 - a shadow of his former self

Hughton 0 - didn't even make a third sub. Not sure whether that says more about him or the players at his disposal, but to not even lump on Locadia for Bruno or something in desperation looks like a man who doesn't know what to do. Totally out-thought by Neil Warnock. Neil ****ing Warnock.

Couple of points. Hughton maybe a bad manager but leaving locadia on the bench does not make him a bad manager .
And as for Neil warnock.....he is a superb manager

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Ryan - 4
Bruno - 5.
Dunk - 5.
Duffy - 6.5
Bernardo - 5
March - 6
Stephens - 3
AJ - 3
Gross - 5
Propper - 3
Murray - 5

Andone -5
Izi - 4

Duffy was everywhere and seemed the only one to be putting in the effort. The team is bereft of confidence.. Not sure how that can be addressed..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ryan 5

Bruno 5

Dunk 1

Duffy 1

Bernardo 2

Stephens 0

Pröpper 0

Groß 1

Jahanbakhsh 2

March 7

Murray 6

Andone 4

Izquierdo 3

Hughton 0 - A defeat at Wolves and he needs to draft his resignation.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Bruno was the only ray of light last night. Like a professional footballer was on the pitch of under 10's

CH has lost his wax coating, and a few layers of lacquer, the paint will dull very quickly on his shiny Albion career if something doesn't change very very soon.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan 2 stopped some really hard back passes no saves useless
Bruno 6 nice to see the skipper back
Duffy 3 i dont know
Dunk 2 Lewes is down the road pal.
Ali J 3
March 6 best of a bad bunch
Stephens 2 how shit do you have to be to get dropped
Propper 4 Waste of space
Gross 4 nice to see him back, should be fitter nnext time out.
Murray 7 Tried hard 100% but no support

Why does Propper get a 4? He was dross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here