Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Four Points Needed

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
We all know or at least fear the fact that Palace could oddly be the team to relegate us. Their fans would love it were Cardiff to beat them and send us down.

The football gods (who clearly don't like us) will make it so.

I think the Palace fans would love it, but players are not fans, they are paid employees looking at their own win bonus. And at 2 million pound per place in the league I can not see the club wanting to lose either !

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
We basically have to get points from games that we thought we wouldn't need to.

Keep the faith and all that, but at the moment I'm feeling pretty flat.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Only point I can see us getting is from Newcastle possibly if we can grind out a turgid 0-0 draw against them, with them having little to play for now. But we've lost the ability to defend at home and Newcastle are a solid well drilled unit themselves so does anyone have the slightest shred of confidence in us grinding a result like we were capable of last season (and first half of this season)? Even if we do we'll almost certainly be gone in that scenario, possibly even if we do beat them as our away record at top 6 is shocking, Wolves are still chasing 7th and are better than us man for man all across the pitch, and if we're going into the last day needing a result against Man City who might not have the league won at that point we are done. Need hopeless Fulham and our red and blue friends to do us a favour but it's absolutely ridiculous that we're even in this position. Three opportunities to get one job done at home as we have shown we are capable of doing previously and we've failed spectacularly. Regardless of whether we stay up, a serious rethink at all levels of the club is needed

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The problem is that we don't look anything like a team fighting for survival.

Not one iota!

So, I’m hoping that there are crisis talks at the club, certainly amongst the playing staff and management.

The attitude and urgency need to change ASAP!

This is a time where people must step up!

A win against Newcastle and a cheeky draw against Wolves, Spurs, Arsenal or Man City should keep us up.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Latest: My Palace-supporting colleague is ITK with the Palace hierarchy, and has given me a sneak preview of the Palace teamsheet for the Cardiff game:

Team for Cardiff away:
1. Bob the cat Bevan
2. Pete the Eagle
3. Vic the Kit Man
4. Phil Alexander
5. Terry Byfield
6. Eddie Izzard
7. Kevin Day
8. Jess Parish
9. Sorloth
10. Mr Park
11. Jo Brand

No, I don't know who half those are either.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
So how you all feeling now then, a bit more positive? As long as you do the business against Newcastle you’ll be ok. Cardiff have just got too much to do imo. Got a sneaky feeling well actually do you a favour at Cardiff anyway, we are just a different team when away (yeah I know).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So how you all feeling now then, a bit more positive? As long as you do the business against Newcastle you’ll be ok. Cardiff have just got too much to do imo. Got a sneaky feeling well actually do you a favour at Cardiff anyway, we are just a different team when away (yeah I know).

As much as I can imagine Palace fans revelling in being involved in giving us a helping hand in getting relegated I question whether they really want to lose the opportunity of two games against us next season?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
As much as I can imagine Palace fans revelling in being involved in giving us a helping hand in getting relegated I question whether they really want to lose the opportunity of two games against us next season?

Agreed, they would much rather play us twice next season and try to put things right after their miserable efforts this season. But its not Palace I worry about it is Cardiff desire to beat a mid table team to avoid relegation that I think will be the deciding factor.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
It might be strange to say, but I think that on Saturday we have the easier game. I honestly believe that Fulham are playing for pride and maybe some of the players want to show they are Premier League quality.

It would be the first game since Newcastle secured their place in next seasons Prem. They are the ones more likley to be taking it easier. If we can show fight against them, then I honestly believe that we might be all but safe by the end of the match.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
We simply have throw everything at Newcastle on Saturday and leave everything on the pitch come the end of then game.

If we can reach 'the levels' we know we can play at we will be fine.

A game made for AK to pay the fans, the staff and the owner back for his stupid Red card and score the winner in the 93rd minute.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
1 point closer.
Cardiff will need at least 4 points now. Do able with their fixtures even united away isn’t as daunting as it could be unless there is a dramatic change in their form.
One win though I think will do it as I don’t think Cardiff will get 7 points from 9.
Just got to hope we score a goal somewhere. Feels like an age since we have celebrated one of these mythical creature though

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One win though I think will do it as I don’t think Cardiff will get 7 points from 9.
One win would probably be enough, but I don't think we'll get one, given that 3 games are against top 4 sides, leaving us with only one real chance (based on recent form).

Sadly I think our best hope is for Cardiff to fail.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Unless we miraculously get something from Tottenham. Sat 27 th April could well be our defining moment.

A game to look forward to, albeit with a fair amount of trepidation !!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
One win would probably be enough, but I don't think we'll get one, given that 3 games are against top 4 sides, leaving us with only one real chance (based on recent form).

Sadly I think our best hope is for Cardiff to fail.

Newcastle are playing well at the moment. They are safe now and have picked up a few knocks. Hoping they have switched off now and we actually play like we are fighting for something. Defensive display was admirable against wolves but we have got to offer an attacking threat v Newcastle or like you say we will be relying 2 of on Fulham palace and united to beat Cardiff

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Newcastle are playing well at the moment. They are safe now and have picked up a few knocks. Hoping they have switched off now and we actually play like we are fighting for something. Defensive display was admirable against wolves but we have got to offer an attacking threat v Newcastle or like you say we will be relying 2 of on Fulham palace and united to beat Cardiff

If Cardiff draw with Fulham, Palace and United unless we lose every game by 3 or 4 goals we are safe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here