Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Support recently has been a disgrace

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I thought the support was excellent tonight... Considering
Agreed - it was superb. The way the team have been playing I don't think they could have expected more.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I know who you are referring to , I find it slightly annoying but he has passion. I think on that display tonight there are individuals who deserve criticism. What are we supposed to say when Stephens puts a 5ft ball out of play, well done old chap, better luck next time? Are we supposed to praise jahanbaksh for his pub team performance? The crowd tried their hardest tonight but were beaten into submission.

Judging by this post we are talking about the same bloke. I obviously feel as frustrated as the next person and it comes out in different ways with different personalities. This bloke though is a complete ****, last Saturday screaming at players after a few minutes. He always leaves withouth clapping players despite the result and then proceeds to big himself up on 'The Albion Roar' when appears on the show. He

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
despite the odds, the supporters seem to be putting in more effort than the ruddy players seem to be over the past few games.

I totally disagree with booing the team, i can’t see how that achieves a thing, but supporters are more entitled to do that than the players are in providing such dreadful performance. Supporters after all contribute to their luxurious salaries

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Tbh it is understandable when the team cannot pass to each other.

A response to Saturday was required and we probably had less shots than Cardiff.

People slagging of Hughton gets on my nerves a bit.

I never slag off the team and I stayed to the end to clap the team off. But in my heart of hearts I thought you don't really deserve this support eight now. You really need to apologise to the fans for this performance.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
In the last two days I’ve seen us concede 11 goals and score 0. The support has been superb, considering.

11 goals conceded in 2 days, it's worse than I thought. We are going down.:lol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Chris Hughton:

"It's a reflection of where we are. We had a lot of possession in their half but we are not scoring to get that breakthrough and we are putting ourselves under pressure."

"We are on the back of two poor home defeats. We don't have a choice and we have a fight on our hands. This is a proper fight. We have to make sure we turn it round by staying together, digging deep and making ourselves hard to beat."

"It's still in our hands, but it is a difficult feeling because of the result. My job is to lift spirits, give us a chance at the weekend. The players know if we are to stay up we have to pick up results and the only way to do that by showing resilience and quality."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47505643

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I guess supporters are sick of the utter dross we have been served over the last 4 months.

I’d boo them too if I was paying £40 to watch Championship teams turn us over week in week out.

If you’ve attended the last 5 matches you’ll have paid around £40 for each shot on target.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I can do that...
Chris Hughton
Dale Stephens
Alirezza Jahanbakhsh
Bernado
Davy Propper
Lewis Dunk
Shane Duffy
I think you get the drift.
Each and every one of them was a f**king embarrassment tonight.
He was referring to so called 'high profile' supporters, not players.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
2 spineless performances at home in the space of 3 days.

1 more relegation place to be filled.

0 goals scored.

7 conceded.

Just looking at the numbers, I'd say that Albion supporters are more than entitled to voice their opinions however they wish.

Spot on. If I want to have a moan after paying to watch that embarrassment of a performance following Saturday then I will.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
In WSU there are a couple of JCLs in their 20s who scream constant abuse at our players as if they are the only people who've noticed we aren't very good at the moment. And when called-out about their constant moaning they got all defensive about it as it's "our opinions". Yeah well stop screaming your f**king opinions down everyone else's ears and try supporting the f**cking team! (everyone already knows we are currently terrible)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
11 goals conceded in 2 days, it's worse than I thought. We are going down.:lol:

I meant two weeks. Although I’m half expecting us to concede at least six tomorrow.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I go home and away, spend my hard earned money watching this shit, and when people go mad at me to "sing up" or for leaving early, I simply say MUGS!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I never realised that some supporters were more worthy than others and had to behave accordingly. I will bear that in mind so thank you for the information

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Some awful reactions by some of our so called supporters in recent games. Without wanting to name names some of our so called 'super supporters' who appear on radio shows spouting how the club is together are a ****ing disgrace. WSU block H has the supporter front row screaming at plyers after 5 minutes of the game. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of idiots around us but expect more from the more high profile supporters,

Really? It's the fans fault is it? Have you actually watched the utter dross served up in our last three home games or have you been spending all your time having a pop at fans critical of such poor performances?

As on Saturday we were loud and gave the team our support. But it soon became apparent that despite our vocal support (and indeed Barber;s somewhat pathetic "rallying call") that the players and the manager weren't up for it.

What was there for us to cheer? And the fans are a disgrace? You need to give your head a really good wobble fella

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
I thought the fans were great to start with. Even after the first goal went in the vast majority were on thevtesns side. It only went a bit sour when it was obvious that we no chance of scoring as we couldn't string 2 passes together let alone a shot. It's unfair to claim the support.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
despite the odds, the supporters seem to be putting in more effort than the ruddy players seem to be over the past few games.

.....Supporters after all contribute to their luxurious salaries

Personally I don't care if they're all on £1m a week - as long as they're value for money. They are currently value for money if we're paying them about £250 a week.

This may be a bit contrarian to current sentiment, but I'm more of a mind that the players are completely unmotivated as opposed to wilful lack of effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here