Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Support recently has been a disgrace

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've never been as negative as I have been on here as last night.

I'd like to apologise for having personal pops at players and generally being a miserable sod.

On the plus side: another day without smoking and believe me, at 9.40pm my blood pressure and urge was probably at its highest since I gave up.

We move on to Wolverhampton. It wouldn't surprise me if we went up there and got a good result - after all, Huddersfield won there 2-0. :lolol:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Maybe someone should write a guide on how to support the club and become an uber fan.

I would rather be critical of the teams performance than my fellow fans, we have to pay to watch while they get paid for us to watch and on current form they really don't deserve our support.

I'm really sorry on leaving my seat at full time I didn't applaud the players, bad me.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Being so far away I can't really say much. But out of 10 outfield players tonight, 6 were regulars 2 years ago in the Championship.
The recruiting has been poor, with the exception of Gross who probably kept us up last season.
Would rather have money in the bank, than buying on a whim over priced untested players.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I'm really sorry on leaving my seat at full time I didn't applaud the players, bad me.

Only 3 players actually bothered to hang around for any length of time, most headed straight down the tunnel. Even Ryan, who seems to pride himself on being the last off the pitch headed off pretty quickly and threw his shirt to someone near the tunnel rather than in the further reaches of the ground as he normally does.

That performance did not qualify for a clap at all. None of them came out of that looking like anything but Sunday league.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
. Ive got used to us getting away with it and I can’t believe it has fallen off the rails so spectacularly. I’m angry, shocked .
Most of all, sad. I love this club and a lot of good things have happened. It feels like all of that is falling apart.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
35,000 people at Wembley spent big money and supported the team from first til last. They expected the spirit and the fight shown there to be carried forward into two vital league games. It would appear that the players then decided that that was their season over, just like the final three games in the Championship run-in. They have downed tools and just as before, the management cannot motivate them. We have certain players who switch off when the mood suits them. We have passive and soft management that allow them to do so.
Some of us have paid a lot of money and travelled long distances to witness the last two pitiful displays. We love this club and it hurts us deeply to see ineffective management and unresponsive players.
One thing our support has never been is disgraceful. Don't single out individuals. We are all in this together. Our crowd is a mixture of vocal and passive. The team is performing to an unacceptably low level. Most want change and are frustrated. Criticism is not unfair.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
What exactly is a "Super Supporter"? Shouldn't we be egalitarian in our respect to supporter, with some people wishing to express their support more and in different way than others? Just because a fan spends all their weekends going to all home and away games doesn't make them any better or worse than anyone else.

Maybe it's because some people look up to other supporters in awe. If that's the case, I think they need to have long hard look at themselves.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Maybe someone should write a guide on how to support the club and become an uber fan.

I would rather be critical of the teams performance than my fellow fans, we have to pay to watch while they get paid for us to watch and on current form they really don't deserve our support.

That's the point though isn't it? These comments from people berating fans for leaving early, criticising the team, the manager, etc., etc., also have a go at other posters and call them 'uber fans' in a derogatory way. What exactly are they looking for?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Ashamed to be part of the North for most of tonight & a lot of the last half dozen games. So many desperate for a mistake so they can jump on players they've already decided to. Pathetic

Spot on - how can anyone play when they are scared to make a mistake & get a lynching from the fans? There’s a time and place for making your feelings known but it’s not during a game - if you don’t like what you see, just leave!

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
This.

There was a complete an utter bespectacled TOOL about ten rows behind me in W3D - hopefully you read this - who balled Stephens out for a misplaced pass on 6 yes SIX minutes...

Myself and approx four or five others told him to STFU and concentrate on actually SUPPORTING THE TEAM.

All full of piss and wind telling me what he was going to do etc.

Seriously embarrassing.

And after his tenth misplaced pass?......

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I didn't boo or slag off anyone bar the prick of a referee but who can possibly blame anyone who did? That was another unacceptable performance and the crowd are entitled to react in anyway they see fit....

We played OK until the goal went in. As soon as it did the players confidence went to pot and a number of them either turned it in or mentally collapsed, neither are acceptable at this level. Something is going on that we are not seeing or hearing about that has brought this on and something needs to be done about it because even if we survive this season that squad and management structure will get us relegated next season as it stands. What has changed since Christmas when we looked like we had real progression?

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Lots of despair and gallows humour from around where I was sitting; by half way through the second hand most people were resigned rather than angry - but it's not easy to cheer on the team when in that mood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here