[Albion] Hughton In or Out? Post Cardiff vote

In or Out?

• In

Votes: 209 37.3%
  • Out

Votes: 351 62.7%

• Total voters

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
It worked last year, and it worked for half of this year. He then tried to get the team to be more attacking, and that didn't work. He's now trying to fix it.

What if...
he picks the right team, picks the right formation, and sends them out with the right instructions...
and they fail to score, and make mistakes that lead to a defeat?

What then? Get rid anyway, because we lost?

Playing with 2 holding midfielders in every match, regardless of the opposition is not more attacking. Trying to make Locadia a wide player when he clearly is not one, to me thats not very clever.

I appreciate everything he has done for us, but I honestly don't think he is capable of taking us any further, this looks to be his level.

D

Deleted member 2719

74%, 72,70,68 now 65% out.... Seems like the realists got in early and the head in sand/lickers are making a late surge!

I should imagine a lot of AMEX employees are back now and fearful of Barber finding out who they are if they voted out and sending them another email!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I like Hughton - my favourite ever bhafc manager. But all good things come to an end. He has no answers anymore.

We need someone in for the Newcastle game who can shake things up and conjure up a win. From somewhere.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I like Hughton - my favourite ever bhafc manager. But all good things come to an end. He has no answers anymore.

We need someone in for the Newcastle game who can shake things up and conjure up a win. From somewhere.

Another reason for Barber to get on the phone to Rafa's agent, get the deal done now. Even if we don't get him in place until the summer, he can help us out and ensure he'll be managing us in the Prem next season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
First manager to get us promotion to top division since 1979, first top division survival since 1982, first FA Cup semi final since 1983. Horrible disintegration of our play since Palace and Millwall wins, but let's not forget who we are and how far we have come.

Anyone looking at the Millwall game as a positive is on a very sticky wicket.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Playing with 2 holding midfielders in every match, regardless of the opposition is not more attacking. Trying to make Locadia a wide player when he clearly is not one, to me thats not very clever.

I appreciate everything he has done for us, but I honestly don't think he is capable of taking us any further, this looks to be his level.

Is Propper a holding midfielder? Or rather a not very good CM allrounder?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You think we’re bad fans, this is available on eBay now

3A10A217-21A5-433F-BCB1-DA50CE03DBE1.jpeg

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Is Propper a holding midfielder? Or rather a not very good CM allrounder?

Propper is a very good central midfield all rounder who has had to carry his poor, Championship standard midfield partner for 2 seasons whilst following his managers negative, defensive instructions killing his creative, attacking instincts. Propper’s confidence is now shot like most of the players but to say he’s not a very good central midfielder is totally wrong.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Propper is a very good central midfield all rounder who has had to carry his poor, Championship standard midfield partner for 2 seasons whilst following his managers negative, defensive instructions killing his creative, attacking instincts. Propper’s confidence is now shot like most of the players but to say he’s not a very good central midfielder is totally wrong.

This.

You buy creative and attacked orientated players who have had success abroad and delay playing them as they are not ready for your all out defensive tactics.

How much of a say does Chris have on recruitment?

We haven’t brought the wrong players, we have the wrong system, you’re not shit if your perceived to be worth £17m at any given time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Also explains the Stephens love in and why march (who I’m a fan of) is often picked as a preferred winger get due to his discipline

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just a thought, many are saying they would like Rafa if CH goes so would it be a good ploy for TB/PB to contact his agent as he would prefer us to be in The Premier if he took over so would he take his eyes off the task ahead as Newcastle are safe.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just a thought, many are saying they would like Rafa if CH goes so would it be a good ploy for TB/PB to contact his agent as he would prefer us to be in The Premier if he took over so would he take his eyes off the task ahead as Newcastle are safe.

Bit early to be :drink:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Another reason for Barber to get on the phone to Rafa's agent, get the deal done now. Even if we don't get him in place until the summer, he can help us out and ensure he'll be managing us in the Prem next season.
It has merit. Perhaps Rafa could relax his pre-match curfew a little next Friday night.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
How the hell do you come to that conclusion? Worse? Really? We are football fans fed up with 2 years of mostly shit football. Especially away from home. Now at home we can't score a f.ucking goal against the strugglers in FIVE games. Most have realised that our manager is in fact quite shit at PL football, certainly in 2019 and definitely away from home for two seasons.

Anyway, carry on believing whatever it is you're believing in.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Will do, cheers.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
This.

You buy creative and attacked orientated players who have had success abroad and delay playing them as they are not ready for your all out defensive tactics.

How much of a say does Chris have on recruitment?

We haven’t brought the wrong players, we have the wrong system, you’re not shit if your perceived to be worth £17m at any given time

I'd argue the exact opposite. We have not brought in players to fit CH's system, particularly a mental willingness to play a defensive game.

Davy Propper is a great example, and I brought up this topic when we first signed him. Our first target was Thomas Delaney, a very different player and more akin to Stephens but with more of a goal threat. Our second target was Renato Neto, again a midfielder used to breaking up play in front of the back line. We failed to acquire Delaney and there was the injury fiasco with Neto, so we got Propper.

At that point I was thinking to myself, who decides the players we buy? Has Chris ok'd this transfer considering the disparity in playing style of Propper compared to Sidwell and the other targets on the list? Was it the best we could get pre-season?

You could make the exact same point regarding the acquisition of wingers who we have to spend a whole bloody season teaching how to track back...

Why are these the players we have given Hughton to work with, considering everyone in the football world knows how he wants to play?

Burnley target the exact type of player the manager wants, this limits them, but at least everyone is singing off the same hymn sheet. Similar but more progressive approach at Bournemouth with Howe. Our transfer dealings looked scattergun in comparison, as if we have just told Hughton to work with whatever the recruitment team conjures up. They're internationals, they have to improve us, right?

This isn't a defence of CH, I'm sure he had the last say before we pushed the button on any transfers, but he strikes me as a very agreeable man who will work with the tools he is given, rather than make demands.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here