View Poll Results: In or Out?

Voters
562. You may not vote on this poll
  • In

    210 37.37%
  • Out

    352 62.63%
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 311
  1. #111
    Members Weststander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Withdean area
    Posts
    25,833


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by withdeanwombat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The players aren’t playing for him because the players we have bought are not capable at this level. Got away with it last year, but looks like we won’t this.

    Back to the drawing board....oh, and IN. Who’s going to come in for the games we have left and get the 5 points we probably need?
    A bottom 3 first team and squad has been found out.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #112

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You could see the confidence draining out of AJ as the game went on, booing him when subbed was really unfair imo. There IS a good player in there but it won’t come out in a team who won’t commit players running into space in the last third of the pitch. Locadia suffers in the same way. Neither are players who can run through defenders and score worldies, they need support and options from players with pace. Well imo anyway
      I agree about AJ, he should play in a number 10 role behind the striker, not as a defensive winger.
    • #113

      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The only question for me is who do we put in charge today (Wednesday, once the sun is up)? We have a winnable game on Saturday. Calderon is still playing in India. I don't think an out of work mercenary (X mill to keep us up) would work. Would putting Bruno in charge work? Does he have enough respect?

      I am also concerned about whether Duffy might be one of the problems. His 'marauding' runs, track record at Blackburn, and off field judgement, together bode ill for me, now that things are going wrong on the pitch. He totally lost it today, for me. Not blaming him for our demise but, like Knocky and Stevens, he isn't adding to our good judgement armamentum right now.
      I imagine a fired up Liam Rosenior would be 10x more inspiring than Chris
    • #114
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Posts
      19,168


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I've said this on another thread but will repeat myself nonetheless:

      Footballers are basically very rich thickos. They need guiding in almost every aspect of their game (not all but most) and they are clearly not getting the guidance they desperately need. If they have received the necessary metaphorical hand holding at Lancing then why the f.uck isn't Hughton going apeshit on the touchline. I sit in a perfect location, WSL, right beside the tunnel area, behind the away team bench and at a good elevation. I never see Hughton doing any 'on the hoof' coaching. Apart from his swishing the water in the washing up bowl routine for the whole game. Players need telling when change is needed. Hughton doesn't appear to be doing that. There's no fire in his belly. So yes, He has seemingly coached them poorly. He turns wingers into defenders, tells attacking players to not go too far upfield. The players are not in any way less responsible for the steaming turd football being served up. It is the perfect storm of aweful. Change is needed.
      I remember years of Seagulls Over London meetings when guest coaches (and managers) would always say the same thing. Don't have a go at players when they appear to repeat the same mistakes.

      The classic is the pop at a goalkeeper who keeps kicking the ball out. He's basically been told to try and drop the ball on a postage stamp and is simply being told what to do.
    • #115
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Faversham
      Posts
      16,818


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Petee View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Really don't want to be Hughton Out but can't see any other answers. How have we gone from a passionate together tight knit group of players to a group not playing for the fans and manager in the space of a year or 2. I hate that we're becoming a 'player power' side. It angers me greatly that the potential quick fix is for Hughton to go, he doesn't deserve to go but think it's best for the club unfortunately.

      Another thing I don't get and angers me is 5 of the 19 other teams were part of the Championship where we got promoted playing 4-4-2 with Baldock/Murray up top. We've upgraded Baldock to Andone so when we're at home against these teams, why aren't we playing with 2 up top? It worked in the championship! I understand playing 1 up top away from home but at home? Come on!

      The more I think/reflect on tonight, the angrier I'm getting! Just so bloody frustrating!
      No need for two up front when we have well-drilled wingers. March and Ali J or Izzy are ALWAYS banging in brilliant crosses....oh...hang on....wait....it depends how far up we push the horse shoe.....and it is a magnetic horse shoe so if we go too far up the wing the ball either has to go back to Dunk or Duffy (hang on....where the **** is Duffy? Oh yes, running back from his latest maraude. I say 'running'...) or it runs out of play because the winger has nobody to pass to (Murray has drifted on to the wing and fallen back, but....hang on...Duffy will arrive soon).

      Two strikers, you say? Could do a job. Should we play them at Wolves or save them for Citeh at the end? That will fool them!

      We're doomed, aren't we? DOOMED!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk
    • #116
      Kiss my (_!_) Bwian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      15,564


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Uh_huh_him View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Thank you!
      A voice of reason at last.
      I'm sure Tony Bloom will appreciate Voice of Reason over losing the massive income the PL brings to the club.

      Voice of reason has had its day with Hughton. Don't let the door smack you on the ass on your way out Chris.
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

      51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.
    • #117
      Members Albion Dan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Peckham
      Posts
      8,835


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Petee View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Really don't want to be Hughton Out but can't see any other answers. How have we gone from a passionate together tight knit group of players to a group not playing for the fans and manager in the space of a year or 2. I hate that we're becoming a 'player power' side. It angers me greatly that the potential quick fix is for Hughton to go, he doesn't deserve to go but think it's best for the club unfortunately.

      Another thing I don't get and angers me is 5 of the 19 other teams were part of the Championship where we got promoted playing 4-4-2 with Baldock/Murray up top. We've upgraded Baldock to Andone so when we're at home against these teams, why aren't we playing with 2 up top? It worked in the championship! I understand playing 1 up top away from home but at home? Come on!

      The more I think/reflect on tonight, the angrier I'm getting! Just so bloody frustrating!
      Failing to play 442 against the weaker sides has been the most depressing element of our premier league adventure and the most alarming indication of CH's short coming. We NEVER play to win.
    • #118

      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by peterward View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Of course not, don’t be daft. If to talk about DS, we’ve seen the best and currently the very worst. Has his ability changed? Probably not..... his performances ? Yes definitely. And it’s the same across the team, most of these players have been much better than they currently show.

      It makes no odds whether you’re established PL or league2, once the confidence has gone and the players have heard the same guy giving the same team talk, doing the same routines it’s almost impossible to break out of it without a new leader, motivator and some fresh insight/impetus.

      That’s what happened at Saints, the players low on confidence could not perform, the new man changed some things, new man manager and suddenly the confidence came back. The players didn’t radically get more skilful.

      And so it with us, these players are good enough to get our this, but we’re seeing the very worst of them as the loss of confidence, morale etc is to far gone and the lack of any risk taking to win at home has exacerbated it. The same leader, same set up, same team talks, will only bring the same results it’s that simple.

      Thinking Chris is still the man for job to sort out this mess is like thinking May is still the right person To sort out the mess she created.

      Loyalty is admirable on the road to Rotherham and Reading.
      And what makes you think these players are good enough to get out of this?
      Man for man you think they are better than Wolves Squad or Newcastle's?

      Comparable maybe, but probably slightly less gifted over all, I would suggest.
      Our best players are either suspended or not fully fit.

      I assume those calling for his head, think that alone is all that is needed to save us.
      It isn't. Most manager's with a track record of saving clubs require a transfer window and a big kitty to save the club.
      It is rarely achieved by motivational skills.

      If we are relegated, I suspect many of the players who cannot be motivated will be on their toes anyway.
    • #119

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion Dan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Failing to play 442 against the weaker sides has been the most depressing element of our premier league adventure and the most alarming indication of CH's short coming. We NEVER play to win.
      Exactly that.... this fella on Norwich forum tonight, sums up Hughton. He hasn’t changed at all.Name:  D292262C-FFA0-4423-A092-0F630A819E9D.png
Views: 222
Size:  365.3 KB
    • #120
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Tokyo
      Posts
      417


      0 Not allowed!
      When we go down (and I think we will fill the final place) Hughton might well be the best person to bring us back up, however, if he does we have to keep him on and do we really want to be stuck in a rut of dull predictable football that doesn't get us results? I know I don't but I could live with it if we scored and picked up points when it matters!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •