• In

Votes: 209 37.3%
  • Out

Votes: 351 62.7%

• Total voters

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
When we go down (and I think we will fill the final place) Hughton might well be the best person to bring us back up, however, if he does we have to keep him on and do we really want to be stuck in a rut of dull predictable football that doesn't get us results? I know I don't but I could live with it if we scored and picked up points when it matters!

The real Hughton eureka moment for me, was in the championship in the home game against Newcastle when we were both going for title.

It was a real evenly balanced 50/50 game, we went 1-0 up, then approaching 10 mins to go kayal was getting ready to come on for the usual take an attacker off and shore up the midfield (guess you can’t argue to much at 1-0 up). But before kayal came on, Newcastle scored a freak goal that pinballed into the net...... but even after that, now 1-1 Hughton still took off Baldock for Kayal and immediately Newcastle started to get the upper hand, Benitez seeing the change in balance after Hughtons substitution, did the opposite, went 3 at the back (as we’d lost our attacking threat) threw on another forward and Newcastle won 2-1.

It sums up perfectly the rigid defensive, safety first mindset of Hughton. No guarantees that Newcastle wouldn’t have won anyway, but his defensive substitution visibly changed a 50/50 game to attack vs defense.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The real Hughton eureka moment for me, was in the championship in the home game against Newcastle when we were both going for title.

It was a real evenly balanced 50/50 game, we went 1-0 up, then approaching 10 mins to go kayal was getting ready to come on for the usual take an attacker off and shore up the midfield (guess you can’t argue to much at 1-0 up). But before kayal came on, Newcastle scored a freak goal that pinballed into the net...... but even after that, now 1-1 Hughton still took off Baldock for Kayal and immediately Newcastle started to get the upper hand, Benitez seeing the change in balance after Hughtons substitution, did the opposite, went 3 at the back (as we’d lost our attacking threat) threw on another forward and Newcastle won 2-1.

It sums up perfectly the rigid defensive, safety first mindset of Hughton. No guarantees that Newcastle wouldn’t have won anyway, but his defensive substitution visibly changed a 50/50 game to attack vs defense.
My favourite Chris Hughton matches that sum up how I feel about him and the Albion during his reign are 5-0 v Norwich and 5-0 v Fulham.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And what makes you think these players are good enough to get out of this?
Man for man you think they are better than Wolves Squad or Newcastle's?

Comparable maybe, but probably slightly less gifted over all, I would suggest.
Our best players are either suspended or not fully fit.

I assume those calling for his head, think that alone is all that is needed to save us.
It isn't. Most manager's with a track record of saving clubs require a transfer window and a big kitty to save the club.
It is rarely achieved by motivational skills.

If we are relegated, I suspect many of the players who cannot be motivated will be on their toes anyway.

Brighton fans who don’t watch Sky/BT are in for a surprise when NU visit - Almiron, Perez and Rondon have pace, power, stamina in abundance, they attack together, they have goals in them. Better than Cardiff’s forwards.

Somehow those jammy buggers, despite Ashley, have got themselves a very useful PL first team:

brightoon

Jun 13, 2011
Very much out for me now I'm afraid. We seem to be beaten before we even get out onto the pitch. Comments like "we know we cant go toe to toe with teams like Man City" says it all. I cant believe the manager of Swansea told his players that before they played them in the FA Cup and although they lost, they gave it a good go. The truth now is that we cant go "toe to toe" with teams like Southampton, Burnley and Cardiff. Three home games to secure our position against teams below us and all given us a sound beating. I seem to remember three games to win the Championship title and we blew that also.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm just wondering how low do we actually have to go or at what point does his job becomes untenable?

If people who still support him could answer that would be much appreciated.

Given he's done much for the club at what point should we bring in someone new?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm just wondering how low do we actually have to go or at what point does his job becomes untenable?

If people who still support him could answer that would be much appreciated.

Given he's done much for the club at what point should we bring in someone new?

End of the season - I can’t see how any new man can make a difference with 4 left.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
First time I voted out. Seems unable to get any confidence into the team. They played like a group of strangers last night

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think that this is a knee jerk reaction but after watching the dismal display last night if I was TB I would be on the phone to Mullery and ask him if he would take over until the end of season and say thanks and goodbye to CH. I believe that Mullerys motivational skill would see us get the 4 or 6 points we need to stay up. What really gets me is how 2 players of the calibre of Duffy and Dunk could suddenly look do poor.,

D

Deleted member 2719

He has lost the players and the fans, don't be Theresa May Chris, quit today.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Keep CH. He will get things turned around and almost all of you will be eating your words and singing his praises by the end of the season.

Lol!

If he keeps us up on goal difference I’d still want him gone .

There’s no future progression under his management

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Lol!

If he keeps us up on goal difference I’d still want him gone .

There’s no future progression under his management

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feel exactly the same. Just don't see what people expect from him in the long run. This is it, this is what you get.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I do not think that this is a knee jerk reaction but after watching the dismal display last night if I was TB I would be on the phone to Mullery and ask him if he would take over until the end of season and say thanks and goodbye to CH. I believe that Mullerys motivational skill would see us get the 4 or 6 points we need to stay up. What really gets me is how 2 players of the calibre of Duffy and Dunk could suddenly look do poor.,

A man who is almost in his 80s who last managed a team over 20 years ago. Amazing.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
He has lost the players and the fans, don't be Theresa May Chris, quit today.

He has certainly lost a significant chunk of fans, maybe the majority, but what makes you think he has lost the players?

Clearly morale is rock bottom, but why is it anymore than that? Not saying that you are wrong but I don't really see that myself.

Either way even if it is just morale and confidence shot Hughton going may be the best way of getting things back on track.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He has certainly lost a significant chunk of fans, maybe the majority, but what makes you think he has lost the players?

Clearly morale is rock bottom, but why is it anymore than that? Not saying that you are wrong but I don't really see that myself.

Either way even if it is just morale and confidence shot Hughton going may be the best way of getting things back on track.

Players arguing with each other all over the pitch is key. It really looks like he’s lost them to me. He doesn’t trust them to play attacking football, and it’s starting to look like they don’t trust him anymore.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Interview on Talksport with a journalist claims the players begged to play more attacking football and he declined.

It does sound like he may have lost the dressing room

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here