Votes: 351 62.7%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dull, dull and more dull...

Brighton manager Chris Hughton: "It's a reflection of where we are. We had a lot of possession in their half but we are not scoring to get that breakthrough and we are putting ourselves under pressure.

"We are on the back of two poor home defeats. We don't have a choice and we have a fight on our hands. This is a proper fight. We have to make sure we turn it round by staying together, digging deep and making ourselves hard to beat.

"It's still in our hands, but it is a difficult feeling because of the result. My job is to lift spirits, give us a chance at the weekend. The players know if we are to stay up we have to pick up results and the only way to do that by showing resilience and quality."

Did he not say (about Cardiff) 'these are a good side'? ???

We don't make ourselves hard to beat with Duffy way out of position like he thinks he's the new Stevie Gerrard. Why was that allowed? Again! I'm sure it wasn't on Hughtons tactics white board.

I'll say a word for Ali J. Gifted. Clever. Fast....but with static team mates . . . . .mocked for a couple of faffs. Absurd to scapegoat him. First time I have heard (a small number of) boos for one of ours as he's subbed off. Then Izzy is cheered on and he does double**** all (well, I left at 82 minutes - maybe he then had a blinder???).

More than 2 gours to drive home due to M26 and M20 and A249 closed.

It has all gone to bollocks. Hughton OUT!!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Please remind me how fantastic a job Carvalhal did at keeping Swansea up last season. ???

He was shit. But he'd do a fantastic job if your pussy got stuck up a tree, I would imagine.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Professional footballers have been coached to be unable to pass to each other?

Seriously?

I've said this on another thread but will repeat myself nonetheless:

Footballers are basically very rich thickos. They need guiding in almost every aspect of their game (not all but most) and they are clearly not getting the guidance they desperately need. If they have received the necessary metaphorical hand holding at Lancing then why the f.uck isn't Hughton going apeshit on the touchline. I sit in a perfect location, WSL, right beside the tunnel area, behind the away team bench and at a good elevation. I never see Hughton doing any 'on the hoof' coaching. Apart from his swishing the water in the washing up bowl routine for the whole game. Players need telling when change is needed. Hughton doesn't appear to be doing that. There's no fire in his belly. So yes, He has seemingly coached them poorly. He turns wingers into defenders, tells attacking players to not go too far upfield. The players are not in any way less responsible for the steaming turd football being served up. It is the perfect storm of aweful. Change is needed.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Those examples are underperforming established premier league sides. With egotistical managers.

In what way do you think they are comparable to our club? You think a change of manager will change Dale Stephens into Paul Pogba?

Of course not, don’t be daft. If to talk about DS, we’ve seen the best and currently the very worst. Has his ability changed? Probably not..... his performances ? Yes definitely. And it’s the same across the team, most of these players have been much better than they currently show.

It makes no odds whether you’re established PL or league2, once the confidence has gone and the players have heard the same guy giving the same team talk, doing the same routines it’s almost impossible to break out of it without a new leader, motivator and some fresh insight/impetus.

That’s what happened at Saints, the players low on confidence could not perform, the new man changed some things, new man manager and suddenly the confidence came back. The players didn’t radically get more skilful.

And so it with us, these players are good enough to get our this, but we’re seeing the very worst of them as the loss of confidence, morale etc is to far gone and the lack of any risk taking to win at home has exacerbated it. The same leader, same set up, same team talks, will only bring the same results it’s that simple.

Thinking Chris is still the man for job to sort out this mess is like thinking May is still the right person To sort out the mess she created.

Loyalty is admirable on the road to Rotherham and Reading.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

We don't make ourselves hard to beat with Duffy way out of position like he thinks he's the new Stevie Gerrard. Why was that allowed? Again! I'm sure it wasn't on Hughtons tactics white board.

I'll say a word for Ali J. Gifted. Clever. Fast....but with static team mates . . . . .mocked for a couple of faffs. Absurd to scapegoat him. First time I have heard (a small number of) boos for one of ours as he's subbed off. Then Izzy is cheered on and he does double**** all (well, I left at 82 minutes - maybe he then had a blinder???).

You could see the confidence draining out of AJ as the game went on, booing him when subbed was really unfair imo. There IS a good player in there but it won’t come out in a team who won’t commit players running into space in the last third of the pitch. Locadia suffers in the same way. Neither are players who can run through defenders and score worldies, they need support and options from players with pace. Well imo anyway

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Izquierdo was shit, yet again, along with Andone.

When they don’t play, their fans talk them up to be our saviours.

Desparate times.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Really don't want to be Hughton Out but can't see any other answers. How have we gone from a passionate together tight knit group of players to a group not playing for the fans and manager in the space of a year or 2. I hate that we're becoming a 'player power' side. It angers me greatly that the potential quick fix is for Hughton to go, he doesn't deserve to go but think it's best for the club unfortunately.

Another thing I don't get and angers me is 5 of the 19 other teams were part of the Championship where we got promoted playing 4-4-2 with Baldock/Murray up top. We've upgraded Baldock to Andone so when we're at home against these teams, why aren't we playing with 2 up top? It worked in the championship! I understand playing 1 up top away from home but at home? Come on!

The more I think/reflect on tonight, the angrier I'm getting! Just so bloody frustrating!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The only question for me is who do we put in charge today (Wednesday, once the sun is up)? We have a winnable game on Saturday. Calderon is still playing in India. I don't think an out of work mercenary (X mill to keep us up) would work. Would putting Bruno in charge work? Does he have enough respect?

I am also concerned about whether Duffy might be one of the problems. His 'marauding' runs, track record at Blackburn, and off field judgement, together bode ill for me, now that things are going wrong on the pitch. He totally lost it today, for me. Not blaming him for our demise but, like Knocky and Stevens, he isn't adding to our good judgement armamentum right now.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The only question for me is who do we put in charge today (Wednesday, once the sun is up)? We have a winnable game on Saturday. Calderon is still playing in India. I don't think an out of work mercenary (X mill to keep us up) would work. Would putting Bruno in charge work? Does he have enough respect?

I am also concerned about whether Duffy might be one of the problems. His 'marauding' runs, track record at Blackburn, and off field judgement, together bode ill for me, now that things are going wrong on the pitch. He totally lost it today, for me. Not blaming him for our demise but, like Knocky and Stevens, he isn't adding to our good judgement armamentum right now.

And Dunk is looking a bit sulky too

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The players aren’t playing for him because the players we have bought are not capable at this level. Got away with it last year, but looks like we won’t this.

Back to the drawing board....oh, and IN. Who’s going to come in for the games we have left and get the 5 points we probably need?

A bottom 3 first team and squad has been found out.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
You could see the confidence draining out of AJ as the game went on, booing him when subbed was really unfair imo. There IS a good player in there but it won’t come out in a team who won’t commit players running into space in the last third of the pitch. Locadia suffers in the same way. Neither are players who can run through defenders and score worldies, they need support and options from players with pace. Well imo anyway

I agree about AJ, he should play in a number 10 role behind the striker, not as a defensive winger.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009

I imagine a fired up Liam Rosenior would be 10x more inspiring than Chris

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've said this on another thread but will repeat myself nonetheless:

Footballers are basically very rich thickos. They need guiding in almost every aspect of their game (not all but most) and they are clearly not getting the guidance they desperately need. If they have received the necessary metaphorical hand holding at Lancing then why the f.uck isn't Hughton going apeshit on the touchline. I sit in a perfect location, WSL, right beside the tunnel area, behind the away team bench and at a good elevation. I never see Hughton doing any 'on the hoof' coaching. Apart from his swishing the water in the washing up bowl routine for the whole game. Players need telling when change is needed. Hughton doesn't appear to be doing that. There's no fire in his belly. So yes, He has seemingly coached them poorly. He turns wingers into defenders, tells attacking players to not go too far upfield. The players are not in any way less responsible for the steaming turd football being served up. It is the perfect storm of aweful. Change is needed.

I remember years of Seagulls Over London meetings when guest coaches (and managers) would always say the same thing. Don't have a go at players when they appear to repeat the same mistakes.

The classic is the pop at a goalkeeper who keeps kicking the ball out. He's basically been told to try and drop the ball on a postage stamp and is simply being told what to do.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really don't want to be Hughton Out but can't see any other answers. How have we gone from a passionate together tight knit group of players to a group not playing for the fans and manager in the space of a year or 2. I hate that we're becoming a 'player power' side. It angers me greatly that the potential quick fix is for Hughton to go, he doesn't deserve to go but think it's best for the club unfortunately.

Another thing I don't get and angers me is 5 of the 19 other teams were part of the Championship where we got promoted playing 4-4-2 with Baldock/Murray up top. We've upgraded Baldock to Andone so when we're at home against these teams, why aren't we playing with 2 up top? It worked in the championship! I understand playing 1 up top away from home but at home? Come on!

The more I think/reflect on tonight, the angrier I'm getting! Just so bloody frustrating!

No need for two up front when we have well-drilled wingers. March and Ali J or Izzy are ALWAYS banging in brilliant crosses....oh...hang on....wait....it depends how far up we push the horse shoe.....and it is a magnetic horse shoe so if we go too far up the wing the ball either has to go back to Dunk or Duffy (hang on....where the **** is Duffy? Oh yes, running back from his latest maraude. I say 'running'...???) or it runs out of play because the winger has nobody to pass to (Murray has drifted on to the wing and fallen back, but....hang on...Duffy will arrive soon).

Two strikers, you say? ??? Could do a job. Should we play them at Wolves or save them for Citeh at the end? That will fool them!

We're doomed, aren't we? ??? DOOMED!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thank you!
A voice of reason at last.

I'm sure Tony Bloom will appreciate Voice of Reason over losing the massive income the PL brings to the club.

Voice of reason has had its day with Hughton. Don't let the door smack you on the ass on your way out Chris.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Failing to play 442 against the weaker sides has been the most depressing element of our premier league adventure and the most alarming indication of CH's short coming. We NEVER play to win.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Of course not, don’t be daft. If to talk about DS, we’ve seen the best and currently the very worst. Has his ability changed? Probably not..... his performances ? Yes definitely. And it’s the same across the team, most of these players have been much better than they currently show.

It makes no odds whether you’re established PL or league2, once the confidence has gone and the players have heard the same guy giving the same team talk, doing the same routines it’s almost impossible to break out of it without a new leader, motivator and some fresh insight/impetus.

That’s what happened at Saints, the players low on confidence could not perform, the new man changed some things, new man manager and suddenly the confidence came back. The players didn’t radically get more skilful.

And so it with us, these players are good enough to get our this, but we’re seeing the very worst of them as the loss of confidence, morale etc is to far gone and the lack of any risk taking to win at home has exacerbated it. The same leader, same set up, same team talks, will only bring the same results it’s that simple.

Thinking Chris is still the man for job to sort out this mess is like thinking May is still the right person To sort out the mess she created.

Loyalty is admirable on the road to Rotherham and Reading.

And what makes you think these players are good enough to get out of this?
Man for man you think they are better than Wolves Squad or Newcastle's?

Comparable maybe, but probably slightly less gifted over all, I would suggest.
Our best players are either suspended or not fully fit.

I assume those calling for his head, think that alone is all that is needed to save us.
It isn't. Most manager's with a track record of saving clubs require a transfer window and a big kitty to save the club.
It is rarely achieved by motivational skills.

If we are relegated, I suspect many of the players who cannot be motivated will be on their toes anyway.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Failing to play 442 against the weaker sides has been the most depressing element of our premier league adventure and the most alarming indication of CH's short coming. We NEVER play to win.

Exactly that.... this fella on Norwich forum tonight, sums up Hughton. He hasn’t changed at all. D292262C-FFA0-4423-A092-0F630A819E9D.png

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
When we go down (and I think we will fill the final place) Hughton might well be the best person to bring us back up, however, if he does we have to keep him on and do we really want to be stuck in a rut of dull predictable football that doesn't get us results? I know I don't but I could live with it if we scored and picked up points when it matters!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here