• In

Votes: 209 37.3%
  • Out

Votes: 351 62.7%

• Total voters

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
The players and manager are out of their depth. The autumn high was false, with several narrow wins masking having been outplayed. Luck evens itself out, and this poor squad with little pace are now found out by almost every opposing coach.

Yep, my take on the season. Am not surprised we have come to this shocking position.

Feb 9, 2019
In for me.

Radically different set up from Saturday, and I thought we started brightly enough, the goal on the break, Knocky-at-palaceesque knocked whatever fragile belief we might have had. Good to see Gross back but he did fade.

I think we stick with him. Easy to blame the manager but recruitment decisions and non decisions in January have massive contributed to this mess.

(Although I disagree with you on Houghton) I think your comments are spot on regarding recruitment, there are other people at fault besides Houghton, there are others who have made mistakes and therefore deserve criticism and possibly deserve to lose their job

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Have always been Team Hughton (top man who's done a brilliant job got BHA), but if ever a performance screamed 'lost dressing room', tonight's (and Saturday's) was it.

Fine margins: a couple more wins and we would all be reasonably happy. But whether we go down (likely) or stay up, new ideas are badly needed. And please let's be rid of the expensive international failures and see a bit more of our talent.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Dull, dull and more dull...

Brighton manager Chris Hughton: "It's a reflection of where we are. We had a lot of possession in their half but we are not scoring to get that breakthrough and we are putting ourselves under pressure.

"We are on the back of two poor home defeats. We don't have a choice and we have a fight on our hands. This is a proper fight. We have to make sure we turn it round by staying together, digging deep and making ourselves hard to beat.

"It's still in our hands, but it is a difficult feeling because of the result. My job is to lift spirits, give us a chance at the weekend. The players know if we are to stay up we have to pick up results and the only way to do that by showing resilience and quality."
Try two up front then and some wingers that cam run faster than 1mph you useless ****.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
With a heavy, heavy heart, i'm afraid it's time now.

Chris is a fine man and one of our greatest ever managers, but all good things come to an end.

In the end, I think loyalty to a certain players who haven't performed and a lack of imagination to get back into games have cost him

A five game firefighter needed. I swore i'd never say that.

Someone from outside the club but knows the premier league. Maybe Bilic or Darren Moore

Re-think in the summer

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Norwich pulled the trigger, we held firm.

Can't help but think the result will be the same.

The time for a dead cat bounce was after Bournemouth.

I honestly don't know what we can do that will be of any use at the point.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
In for me.

It’s not been pretty. But it’s still in our hands. Chris has still kept us out of the bottom three for the best part of two seasons.

He has taken us from the brink heading for league one to Premier League safety last year after a similar run.

He deserves to be the one to turn this slump around. I thought we started brightly. Players need to do that for 90 minutes.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
In for me.

It’s not been pretty. But it’s still in our hands. Chris has still kept us out of the bottom three for the best part of two seasons.

He has taken us from the brink heading for league one to Premier League safety last year after a similar run.

He deserves to be the one to turn this slump around. I thought we started brightly. Players need to do that for 90 minutes.

How many matches have we been in this slump ?? and you expect him to turn it around in 5 games with 3 against the top 6 ludicrous

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
If we get relegated why on earth would we want to retain a manager that may or may not get us back into this league and then play negative dog turd football? :moo:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's his job to manage and motivate the players and he clearly isn't doing it.

Up until the turn of the year, our squad was well known for being greater than the sum of it's parts.
We were getting better results than we should.

The team were motivated and our tactics we're as defensive as it was possible to be.

The worrying statistics was that we were reliant on Glenn Murray's exceptional form to win us games. Something had to change.

Hughton tried a change of formation, because we needed something more adventurous.
For 45 glorious minutes we were on our way to the fabled next level.

And then we conceded 4 goals in 45 minutes and the rot started.

The players failed against Fulham.
These same players have decided it is Hughton's tactics that are making them look shit week in week out and they have decided to stop playing for him.

What exactly has Chris done to deserve this mutiny?
Not listened to their view on how we should be playing?
Not given them the platform to showcase their skills?

If we were talking about man utd then fair enough.
Player power is understandable when it's 700 million of proven talent.
But Dale Stephens? Glenn Murray? Locadia?
**** off!

Get rid and start again
Hughton tried to get the results needed from the talent at his disposal.
And they should have achieved that easily.
6 points from 6 home games against the arse end of the PL.

Appalling performances from the team have cost us our premier league status.

If performing at the top level doesn't motivate them
Then what the actual duck do you expect

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Who else would you get? If we are going to become a club that gets Alladyce or Mark Hughes then im out!

I don't think it's about who we can get anymore.

It's with a heavy heart that I say it simply needs to be anyone by CH. I am not one to jump on the hysteria of criticising him and I doubt we'll ever know as fans whose door the blame should rightly be put, but it's plain to see the players are not playing for him.

Still shellshocked to be honest. Sad times.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
For me it is now out, there is something clearly wrong within the team and not sure Chris can turn it around with the remaining games

Why hasn't Barber seen this? Too busy writing stupid f.ucking emails instead of being CEO of a FOOTBALL CLUB.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's quite close :whistle::whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here