In or Out?

• In

Votes: 209 37.3%
  • Out

Votes: 351 62.7%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

A man who is almost in his 80s who last managed a team over 20 years ago. Amazing.

A recruitment man being ageist, who would have thought it.

BG is only suggesting a figure head, a motivation speaker he would have a team around him.

Although I'd prefer Bruno until the end of the season leads from the front has respect from the squad. He has nothing to lose and neither has the Albion, because Chris has proven twice in a few days he is incapable of getting a performance from 2 out of form teams with hardly any shots on target and lots of goals conceded.

Hughton has to go.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Interview on Talksport with a journalist claims the players begged to play more attacking football and he declined.

It does sound like he may have lost the dressing room

and his response to last night?........."We've got to become more difficult to beat" i.e. defend, defend, defend which is what we've been trying to do, badly, all season!

Ed's grandad

Nov 30, 2014
Not the Manager,.....The players

There is no coming back from this. The players don't want to play for him anymore and that won't change if we go down, so all this about him being the best man to take us up isn't valid in my opinion.

He deserves to go with dignity and deserves to be remembered fondly, but his time is up.

The players shouldn't be playing The manager, they should be playing for the Fans, The Club and their own pride. The only players who did so tonight were the oldest guys on the pitch Murray and Bruno. The rest were lazy and gave nothing!! Duffy should be ashamed, time and again he lost the ball but did he run back to perform his defensive role NO he ambled back, and as for Stevens I think he was playing for Cardiff the number of times he pass to one of their team. A shameful performance, the players don't deserve to play premier league football.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
...., but what makes you think he has lost the players?

My seat was right behind the bench. For a lot of the game, CH's arms were flailing around like a windmill in a typhoon - gesticulating and instructing, but the players were clearly not responding to that, and most of the time not even checking what he was trying to get them to do. Where was the leadership from the captain turning those instructions into commands on the pitch? At other times he was yelling at players who, again, weren't looking and probably couldn't hear anyway. I doubt they can lip read. Again those commands were ignored.

CH did, occasionally gesture them to advance up the pitch. But the players just carried on with the slow, sideways and backwards passing.

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt in the dressing room: "do what I want or you'll be dropped -- apart from you Duffy, Dunk, Stevens, Murray...." But on last night's performance not so.

It's not just that lack of authority, but the performance of individual players. Where is the fortress mentality? Why can't they launch fast-paced attacks on their own discretion. These are professional footballers who are supposed to understand what they are there for. And to have the motivation and desire to prove themselves and win games.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Out and quick. Let Rusk caretake or something but we need a new perm man in soon to make sure we have our transfer activity thought through and we're up and running for pre season

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Haven't voted. I was going to click the 'out' button but I just can't bring myself to do it. As others have said, how did it all go so wrong so quickly? But patently things have gone badly, badly wrong and he is unable to fix them.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Gone from in to out..... Enough is enough ..... How has it gone so badly wrong so fast??
Failure to add pace ang goals from midfield in January window.... when it was clear and obvious that had become a weakness.

Failure to filter some of the best u23 players into the squad, as other teams do... instead farming them out to disappear into the ether.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
cant see how he is still at the club, surely questions have to be raised regarding the board/owner, why has CH been allowed to get us into this situation?

I agree. We know Bloom won't sack him, and there is still an outside chance we could gat a couple of points to stay up.
I would hope Chris would resign but I don't think he will.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Out and quick. Let Rusk caretake or something but we need a new perm man in soon to make sure we have our transfer activity thought through and we're up and running for pre season
We need Hughton and his coaches out of the club today. They all appear to be very poor at their jobs. Unless Hughton stifles their ideas?

Here's a thought: Why don't the players organise themselves, go out the next game and ignore all of Hughton's instructions? Try and WIN FFS!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I was #HughtonOut post Cardiff too.
Whether we survive or not want him out.
Club been going backwards all season.
If your aim is 4th bottom you don’t leave yourself any leeway.
Look forward to the trip to Wolves where we can witness what happens when you have a progressive manager.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I've been in the "In" camp up till now but after last night's "performance" I'm reluctantly having to change sides. I don't like sacking managers (and I don't think Bloom does either as he refused to sack Hyppia in the first instance) but I think we have to try to look to the future. It's still possible that we could stay in the division. Bring in Liam Rosenior for the last 5 games of the season to give the players a kick up the @rse and recruit in the summer. I remember Bloom saying a few years ago that he always had other managers in mind even during a stable period so he must have names in mind for the summer unless he's got the blind faith in Hughton that we've had for the last year.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Many of us were shot down regularly on here, as far back as October, when we said it was time for a change of manager. We saw this shit storm brewing ages ago. We were also told to expect to be reminded of our comments when 'Chris' leads us to our highest ever finish.

We were warned by Norwich fans 2 years ago.

We were warned by our away record last season.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Will those ,who up until now have been wearing their rose tinted specs, please hand them in to your local Specsavers.
Even if we stay up, and I still think we might, surely everyone from TB down has seen enough to realise that a fresh approach is needed and that Hughton just has to go.
Forget all the fancy stats about transfer values and wages, that doesn't tell the whole story; notwithstanding the shocking 2019 we have endured, you just have to look at the last two rather important games to garner the true picture.No other club in the Prem would have kept faith with their manager with our recent record. An easy cup run and a flukey victory over Milwall just papered over the crevices.
We need a new manager, in conjunction with Ashworth, to cast his eye over the entire squad with particular attention being paid to our newish and relatively expensive signings and decide whether they have what it takes or have been a cock-up.I really don't think Hughton is any longer in a position to make valid judgements.
He gives the impression of a man who is completely devoid of ideas and clearly, he can no longer motivate the team.
Certainly, his pitchside gesticulations are a man drowning and his comments before and after matches are becoming more and more waffly, with shades of Mickey Adams in his darkest days.I get the impression he feels the team is a ' thing' that just exists and is not really anything to do with him, despite being responsible for the managing, coaching , motivation and tactics of this 'thing'.
I think he has run his course. He has to go whatever happens for the rest of the season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need to get something from Wolves.

Bring a defeat back on the coach, and Hughton needs to spend the journey drafting his resignation letter.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I do not think that this is a knee jerk reaction but after watching the dismal display last night if I was TB I would be on the phone to Mullery and ask him if he would take over until the end of season and say thanks and goodbye to CH. I believe that Mullerys motivational skill would see us get the 4 or 6 points we need to stay up. What really gets me is how 2 players of the calibre of Duffy and Dunk could suddenly look do poor.,

pmsl

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Players arguing with each other all over the pitch is key. It really looks like he’s lost them to me. He doesn’t trust them to play attacking football, and it’s starting to look like they don’t trust him anymore.

My seat was right behind the bench. For a lot of the game, CH's arms were flailing around like a windmill in a typhoon - gesticulating and instructing, but the players were clearly not responding to that, and most of the time not even checking what he was trying to get them to do. Where was the leadership from the captain turning those instructions into commands on the pitch? At other times he was yelling at players who, again, weren't looking and probably couldn't hear anyway. I doubt they can lip read. Again those commands were ignored.

CH did, occasionally gesture them to advance up the pitch. But the players just carried on with the slow, sideways and backwards passing.

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt in the dressing room: "do what I want or you'll be dropped -- apart from you Duffy, Dunk, Stevens, Murray...." But on last night's performance not so.

It's not just that lack of authority, but the performance of individual players. Where is the fortress mentality? Why can't they launch fast-paced attacks on their own discretion. These are professional footballers who are supposed to understand what they are there for. And to have the motivation and desire to prove themselves and win games.

If he has lost the confidence and respect of the players then, unfortunately, he has to go.

RE. Hughton's gestures to advance, I would say it they more than occasional last night, but was that a sign of frustration with the situation as a whole, rather than aimed directly at the players specifically?

Either way not a great situation to be in!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Many of us were shot down regularly on here, as far back as October, when we said it was time for a change of manager. We saw this shit storm brewing ages ago. We were also told to expect to be reminded of our comments when 'Chris' leads us to our highest ever finish.

We were warned by Norwich fans 2 years ago.

We were warned by our away record last season.

It wouldn’t have been fair to change him in October. He had to be given time. He’s had it, and he hasn’t used it. Now it’s time to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here