Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many times have we actually played well this season for a full game?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Two games against Palace, Man Utd at home. Struggling to think of any others, when we've got results we've largely fluked them.

If we hadn't been so lucky in certain games toward the back end of 2018 we'd probably be already down with Huddersfield and Fulham.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We’ve played well the last few games. We just need the rub of the green. Just trying to preempt CH’s post match comments.

In answer to your question, about 4?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Two games against Palace, Man Utd at home. Struggling to think of any others, when we've got results we've largely fluked them.

If we hadn't been so lucky in certain games toward the back end of 2018 we'd probably be already down with Huddersfield and Fulham.

I think that's about right (although I'm yet to see the last two games, before your view can be fully verified!). I actually thought we were pretty good against Burnley and Watford at home too but, even if that were the case, that's so poor.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
man utd home, palace home and away, Liverpool away, Huddersfield away, althought Huddersfield were poor. I was gonna say Leicester away but thinking about it we were awful 1st 15 minute.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
man utd home, palace home and away, Liverpool away, Huddersfield away, althought Huddersfield were poor. I was gonna say Leicester away but thinking about it we were awful 1st 15 minute.

I think that's quite generous. I seem to remember we were pretty poor against Huddersfield until their sending off. Liverpool we lost and Palace away was decent but hardly amazing as an overall performance. Which leaves a couple of matches all season and I class myself as quite a positive fan. Just not good enough.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We've been good three times all season. We totally fluked at least 4 wins before Xmas (hudds, Newcastle, wolves, West ham) and luck has evened itself put and expose Hughton for the poor manager he is.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Just Man Utd and Palace at home. Even at Selhurst we were our usual passive defensive selves and didn’t create any clear cut chances but scored 2 wonder goals.

Last season it seemed like we played well in almost every home match other than a couple against the big 6.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
To be fair, Chris makes a good point after most games- "these are a good side" meaning it is hard to dominate matches and play well for the full game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here