Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton OUT!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Upside for saying goodbye - it’s possible that someone might be able to turn this around.
Downside - none.

Thanks Chris, you are obviously one of the most decent men in the game but you are tactically totally out of your depth and the time has sadly come for the sake of the club to make a change.
Someone may just possibly find a way to get us out of this hole but it’s not Chris and this is obvious now the vast majority of the fans.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I’m there too. Thanks for the memories. Let’s not make it too undignified. Go quietly please.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I'd be surprised if he's sacked before the end of the season but if he was, the time would be just before the Newcastle game to hope to get the new manager three points that seems to happen.

There is zero chance IMO for CH to resign.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Murray stopped scoring. Since we came up we've relied almost totally on a veteran striker with no pace who runs out of puff around an hour into every game. That's finally caught up with us.

How can we all see what was needed but Hughton and Barber couldn't? How did we all know that the complacent "this squad is good enough, we are not adding anybody to the squad" in January would cost us but Hughton and Barber didn't?

Barber can shove his f.ucking slogans and emails up his f.ucking jacksy. Forget the addons at the club and focus on the First 11 FFS!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If I was him and I didn't have confidence in the signings, or didn't believe in my ability to bring out the best in them, I would offer my resignation out of pride for myself.

And do yourself out of a couple of million quid? I doubt it somehow.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The 3 1:0 wins against wolves West Ham and Newcastle where we had 70 odd shots against us and somehow kept them out and were played off the park papered over the cracks and kept us away from the bottom 3.Apart from Man Utd and palace at home we have been shit all season.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Terrible tactics since Xmas. Bloom, stand up and make the right decision. It’s not too late

TBH I would rather that Bloom wasn't put in that position. Surely dignity and integrity dictate that the right thing for Hughton to do would be to resign. His legendary status would surely then be preserved.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The 3 1:0 wins against wolves West Ham and Newcastle where we had 70 odd shots against us and somehow kept them out and were played off the park papered over the cracks and kept us away from the bottom 3.Apart from Man Utd and palace at home we have been shit all season.
Our group of regulars have all said the same. Some on here were talking 8th place maybe, Palace and Burmley as good as down, etc., etc.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Reality is there no chance of him going now. We have to stick together and hope the players can get us out of this mess. The one person that should be going is Paul Winstanley.

Whatever happens there must be change in the summer. Hopefully that will be bringing in someone that can push us on in the Premier League and more importantly the club realise that the recruitment has not been acceptable this season and a major overhaul of the squad is essential.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Reality is there no chance of him going now. We have to stick together and hope the players can get us out of this mess.

Whatever happens there must be change in the summer. Hopefully that will be bringing in someone that can push us on in the Premier League and more importantly the club realise that the recruitment has not been acceptable this season and a major overhaul of the squad is essential.

The players definitely aren’t “together”, Murray and Duffy were seen having a pop at some of our players. It seems like the players don’t know what to do at the moment.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The players definitely aren’t “together”, Murray and Duffy were seen having a pop at some of our players. It seems like the players don’t know what to do at the moment.

There were a few arguing with each other near the end. When that starts all is lost as the blame game has taken over

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
There were a few arguing with each other near the end. When that starts all is lost as the blame game has taken over

Stephens loses the ball for Bournemouth’s 5th on Saturday and literally just stops and gives up in midfield. Something is seriously wrong in the squad setup at the moment.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
Agree re the 1-0 wins, although Burnley at Home was a strange game where we lost 3-1 and played well (did not take chances) and Watford at Home (they were poor on the day) where we should have really gone at them although sat back.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
As I said it depends on pride. I am guessing you don't have any?

Hughton has had a good career so I am sure that he is not short of a few bob.

Financial security for your family is more important. Especially when he knows he only has to hang on a few more weeks for it. Would perhaps mean he could retire early or take a year out- he’d be mad to turn it down. Family is more important than career. For me, anyway

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Hughton lost the players when we ****ed up the Championship title and history seems to be repeating itself..:glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here