Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For the Hughton out brigade

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Chris’s time has come to an end. He can be very proud of what he’s achieved and whether it’s now or during the summer, he’s done all he can. Managers rarely last as long as he has, so it’s no disgrace. Rather, an inevitable end of an era. I’d like to see a young manager like Nathan Jones have a crack. Or maybe Liam with Bruno as assistant. Could we tempt Paul Scoles south even? Whoever it is,I’d quite like to see us get a bit of tougher character in charge, someone everyone else hates because he gets under their skin. Neil Lennon...?!!

Scholes may soon be taking along break from football, after today’s FA investigation.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bet we can't.

Trying to think of midfield generals and leaders from that same era. Maybe Rio Ferdinand might want to move into management? John Terry fits the villain, tougher character profile although I can’t stand the bloke. Anyway, whoever it is, I hope we get them in ASAP.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Trying to think of midfield generals and leaders from that same era. Maybe Rio Ferdinand might want to move into management? John Terry fits the villain, tougher character profile although I can’t stand the bloke. Anyway, whoever it is, I hope we get them in ASAP.

It was a joke about Scholes' betting imbroglio....

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Darren Moore would be a decent shout, Warburton good at team building as well.
I think Jones would have jumped at it had he not gone to Stoke.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I really hoped that we'd avoid defeat tonight, and stay up, but CH and TB agreed that he wasn't the right man to take us into next season. He could then maintain our PL status for the second year, and we could organise a humungous party for the City game to say goodbye and thanks for everything he's done for us -- and, boy, has he done a lot for us. As it is now though, he really can't stay on. We need to say thank you and goodbye now, get Bruno and Liam Rosenior in as interim managers, and start working on managers according to two scenarios: Cardiff don't win a game all season, and we stay up; Cardiff do win a game and we don't manage it.

Whatever transpires, thanks Chris. You've been tremendous, and thanks for the exhilarating ride. Thanks, good night and goodbye.

Pretty much how I was feeling. Let him go with his head held high so that he can be remembered like Adams mk 1. Unfortunately he's turned into Adams mk 2.

He's lost the team completely and doesn't seem to have any idea how to get them back or change things round. That's the most worrying thing. If we went down last year with all the players fighting for survival and trying their hardest I'd 100% want him to stay but now? The players don't look like they give too much of a shiny shit about it and when that happens what do you do? Bin off a dozen players or the manager? It's the manager isn't it? So do we pull the trigger now or wait till the end of the season?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Darren Moore would be a decent shout, Warburton good at team building as well.
I think Jones would have jumped at it had he not gone to Stoke.

Darren Moore might just be the first decent suggestion I’ve seen. Short term problem is he wouldn’t know the club at all - so not the same as when he took over West Brom.

Otherwise, this thread is definitely the best reason yet for sticking with Hughton to get the 2-4 points we need.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If it is player motivation needed until the end of season a person employed by the club now as an ambassador is IMHO the answer Alan Mullery, obviously not long term but he could pick the players up to get 2 wins out of 5 games..

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'd rather know if the happy clappers are still convinced that they have their man or have now realised they have a man devoid of ideas, that needs to fall on his sword.

Dr. No

Nov 28, 2016
If it is player motivation needed until the end of season a person employed by the club now as an ambassador is IMHO the answer Alan Mullery, obviously not long term but he could pick the players up to get 2 wins out of 5 games..

No.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Pretty much how I was feeling. Let him go with his head held high so that he can be remembered like Adams mk 1. Unfortunately he's turned into Adams mk 2.

He's lost the team completely and doesn't seem to have any idea how to get them back or change things round. That's the most worrying thing. If we went down last year with all the players fighting for survival and trying their hardest I'd 100% want him to stay but now? The players don't look like they give too much of a shiny shit about it and when that happens what do you do? Bin off a dozen players or the manager? It's the manager isn't it? So do we pull the trigger now or wait till the end of the season?

The trigger should have been pulled last night. Football history is littered with ailing managers going and the caretakers/stop gaps suddenly getting a reaction from the players. Why.....because they are all relieved that he has gone. Its like a weight off their shoulders. They have had enough of him, of his sterile and turgid tactics and his lack of motivation. They don't respect his assistants. They are turning up for work and going through the motions. They know he is a dead man walking and they want him gone. They aren't going to try and keep him in the role.
Five games is enough time to get a reaction from the players. One surprise win could keep us up. Throw in Sidwell and Rosenior for 5 games and shake it up. Sadly, reading Barber's statement it appears that they have absolute confidence in him. The ' Emperors Clothes ' syndrome rears its ugly head. By letting this continue, they are guaranteeing a horribly painful and inevitable finish to the season. The man needs to be put out of his misery now and we need to get some pride back.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Darren Moore might just be the first decent suggestion I’ve seen. Short term problem is he wouldn’t know the club at all - so not the same as when he took over West Brom.

Otherwise, this thread is definitely the best reason yet for sticking with Hughton to get the 2-4 points we need.

Agree with keeping Chris till end of the season, but can't see where the 2 points will come from.
Just hope Cardiff lose all their remaining fixtures, though they will fight to the end, why we don't is a mystery.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Agree with keeping Chris till end of the season, but can't see where the 2 points will come from.
Just hope Cardiff lose all their remaining fixtures, though they will fight to the end, why we don't is a mystery.
Cardiff will win two games I expect. They have Fulham, a game which they should win quite easily. They also have Palace who have nothing to play for except send us down.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Saturday :
Wolves v Albion - ugliest ever 0-0 draw

Sunday :
Liverpool beat Cardiff

Tuesday :
Spurs beat Albion

Saturday :
Fulham against all the odds beat Cardiff

and then in the late kick off...

Albion pull one decent performance out from somewhere and beat Newcastle.

***Happy Days***

Hold The Nerve

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Cardiff will win two games I expect. They have Fulham, a game which they should win quite easily. They also have Palace who have nothing to play for except send us down.

Football is never that simple though. As Fulham showed at home to Everton, their preparation for next season starts now. They’ve had time to get used to going down, and I expect a couple of really strong home performances for their fans. Last season Palace won 5 of their last 6 once they knew they were safe which propelled them to 11th. They’ll be going all out for a similar finish.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Saturday :
Wolves v Albion - ugliest ever 0-0 draw Check

Sunday :
Liverpool beat Cardiff Check

Tuesday :
Spurs beat Albion

Saturday :

***Happy Days***

Hold The Nerve

Maybe we'll even get ahead of the above 'Roadmap of Destiny' at Spurs.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Saturday :
Wolves v Albion - ugliest ever 0-0 draw

Sunday :
Liverpool beat Cardiff

Tuesday :
Spurs beat Albion

Saturday :

***Happy Days***

Hold The Nerve

So far so good! :thumbsup:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
It will clearly depend on whether we can stay in the premier league but I think it would be naive to think that the scouting team who have unearthed some quality recently, don't also have a finger on the pulse when it comes to future managers. I think it will be someone unexpected but with a decent track record as a coach. It will also likely be someone without premier league experience.

Domenico Tedesco is available and might fit the bill

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2018/09/25/tactical-philosophy-domenico-tedesco/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here