Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For the Hughton out brigade

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Has Calderon actually ever done any coaching? Lovely guy, of course. But has he? I’d hate to have to end of despising him because he turns out to be an incompetent muppet.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Players need motivating to do their job? We have the wrong players! Piling all the blame on CH is just so easy isn’t it and we have seen how numerous sackings have worked in the past. All very well when it’s not your money paying off the managers you want sacked. We ain’t going down that route IMO.

I had hoped it would be a few years before we turned into Charlton, not satisfied with Prem survival and wanted more.

In our second season where does this thinking come from that we are entitled to be in the Premier League? At the end of the season we will be where we deserve to be
Personally I can’t remember a time when we weren’t involved in either relegation or promotion. Nothing much has changed!

Not comparable whatsoever. He had them fairly stable up there.

Our fans to a man would accept pragmatic stability. Unfortunately it has turned into pragmatic capitulation.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The fact so many people are advocating David Wagner means I just can't take any of this seriously. Sure, he did great to get Huddersfield into the top flight (like Hughton, with us).

But after the first flush of enthusiasm following promotion, the football they played was ultra-defensive and dreadful, with some terrible signings and he set them on their way to relegation.

And this guy's the sort of 'saviour' we're seeking? Seriously?

Personally, I'd prefer the players to get their heads together, stop looking to anyone else for excuses and pull together for the final push that they OWE Chris Hughton. He deserves that respect whether or not they are keen on his tactics (that kept them up last year). Get the job done, save the season, reassess.

Did great? He worked an absolute miracle to get Huddersfield up, our budget in the championship wouldn’t have been far of 5 x that of Huddersfield. They’ve probably had the worst team in premier league history yet he managed to keep them up last year. He’d do a much better job than what we are currently witnessing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’d take Wagner in a heartbeat on a contract to the end of the season.

Fresh ideas and a motivator changing things around might mean at least we are entertained until the end of the season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Liam Rosenior to the end of the season then re-assess your options. Even Sidwell as an assistant, anything to get the team motivated and playing again.

Calde has a degree in sports psychology and could improve team morale.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Did great? He worked an absolute miracle to get Huddersfield up, our budget in the championship wouldn’t have been far of 5 x that of Huddersfield. They’ve probably had the worst team in premier league history yet he managed to keep them up last year. He’d do a much better job than what we are currently witnessing

With negative goal difference and 2 penalty shoot outs.

Many of them lauded the guy above him as the reason for their success, I forget his name, the one Norwich snatched.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Huddersfield got promoted without scoring a single goal in the playoffs!
We can't score goals now, so Wagner is the last person we need.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I'd suggest that with our current players, he'd do a very similar job.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Not comparable whatsoever. He had them fairly stable up there.

Our fans to a man would accept pragmatic stability. Unfortunately it has turned into pragmatic capitulation.

I am having trouble understanding your post. I suspect you are as drunk as I am.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
NSC is very funny at times.

My own view is that Bloom should pay whatever it takes to get Roy Hodgson.

Failing that then second choice should be Steve McLaren or Gus Poyet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield got promoted without scoring a single goal in the playoffs!
We can't score goals now, so Wagner is the last person we need.

But you’d back Calde who has ZERO experience. Weird

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Players need motivating to do their job? We have the wrong players! Piling all the blame on CH is just so easy isn’t it and we have seen how numerous sackings have worked in the past. All very well when it’s not your money paying off the managers you want sacked. We ain’t going down that route IMO.

I had hoped it would be a few years before we turned into Charlton, not satisfied with Prem survival and wanted more.

In our second season where does this thinking come from that we are entitled to be in the Premier League? At the end of the season we will be where we deserve to be
Personally I can’t remember a time when we weren’t involved in either relegation or promotion. Nothing much has changed!

Blimey.

1. Of course players need motivating. That is part of the manager's job (head coach, call him what you will). If none were needed we'd pick the team by committee, like England did in the halcyon days of success with Walter Winterbottom as secretary of the selection committee.

2. You think we are like Charlton, not satisfied finishing 6th or 7th every season? ??? *cough* take a look at the league table *cough*. We are going down if we stick rather than twist.

3. At the end of every season every team is where they deserve to be. The point is, it makes sense, as a plan, to try to finish higher rather than lower.

4. Yes we are often involved in promotion and relegation. Recently. Even if we are or are not, so what? We are involved in relegation right now. I find it hard to understand why you think we should just bend over for the last 5 games and let the opposition dilate our sphyncter. I didn't get where I am today by being phlegmatic.

Apart from that - spot on!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Chris’s time has come to an end. He can be very proud of what he’s achieved and whether it’s now or during the summer, he’s done all he can. Managers rarely last as long as he has, so it’s no disgrace. Rather, an inevitable end of an era. I’d like to see a young manager like Nathan Jones have a crack. Or maybe Liam with Bruno as assistant. Could we tempt Paul Scoles south even? Whoever it is,I’d quite like to see us get a bit of tougher character in charge, someone everyone else hates because he gets under their skin. Neil Lennon...?!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Calm down. I mentioned Calde for the psychological approach. The players have no morale at the moment.
It was a light hearted suggestion.

And we need win only one of the remaining games.....

If we wanted to offer someone the chance of a contract by keeping us up, Dave Wanker has to be the man. If he can turn Huddersfield into winners, imagine what all that Dirk Sprung Bogard would do at Brighton, a MUCH bigger and better club (and a club located much closer to the fatherland for those long bank holiday get aways in the camper van for hiking and nature study; visa and massive queues at passport control post Fuxit permitting). It's got to be a winner!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Chris’s time has come to an end. He can be very proud of what he’s achieved and whether it’s now or during the summer, he’s done all he can. Managers rarely last as long as he has, so it’s no disgrace. Rather, an inevitable end of an era. I’d like to see a young manager like Nathan Jones have a crack. Or maybe Liam with Bruno as assistant. Could we tempt Paul Scoles south even? Whoever it is,I’d quite like to see us get a bit of tougher character in charge, someone everyone else hates because he gets under their skin. Neil Lennon...?!!

Bet we can't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here