Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For the Hughton out brigade

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
It simply doesn't matter - anyone who can get one performance out of this lot will do. Mark Hughes did that for Southampton, would probably take a five game deal. Or Allardyce, or Wally, Or Jose, just f***ing anyone who is available.

I really would take Aladyce if he’d come, couldn’t be any more boring or negative than what we have.... and right now it’s about motivation, a fresh voice. They’ve all heard Hughton for years and it looks like he’s not able to lift them anymore. There’s no real tactics during the game.

Aladyce got West Ham up, he’s got an eye for players, defensive solidity. Never thought I’d want him here, but needs must. I’d definitely do it now. If we don’t act now, it’s championship again. It’s a lot easier to try and scrape 4th bottom than get out the championship, the trouble is I don’t think Hughton can scrape 4th bottom.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I really would take Aladyce if he’d come, couldn’t be any more boring or negative than what we have.... and right now it’s about motivation, a fresh voice. They’ve all heard Hughton for years and it looks like he’s not able to lift them anymore. There’s no real tactics during the game.

Aladyce got West Ham up, he’s got an eye for players, defensive solidity. Never thought I’d want him here, but needs must. I’d definitely do it now. If we don’t act now, it’s championship again. It’s a lot easier to try and scrape 4th bottom than get out the championship, the trouble is I don’t think Hughton can scrape 4th bottom.

I think going down would be preferable to that oaf being anywhere near our club!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
That is such a stupid list and daft idea. I appreciate you're emotional, but can I just turn down your suggestions?

Of course you can, but I assure you it is entirely rational. Think about it. Last season we lost at home to Leicester outside top 6; we have just lost four (FOUR!) winnable home games on trot, scoring one consolation goal by a defender to 11 conceded. This isn't bad, it is truly awful.

There is some evidence that changing manager does short-term help (see https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/soccernomics-does-sacking-manager-actually-make-difference), though the effect is usually marginal in longer run. But all we most likely need is one win to earn another £100m bonus (actually more because parachute payments increase after two seasons but let's call it £100m). So surely it is entirely rational for TB to pay £5m to get CH out simply to get the dressing room lift that the above article talks about. And, honestly, it really doesn't matter who. If he achieves in five games, fine, if not we look again in summer.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Liam Rosenior to the end of the season then re-assess your options. Even Sidwell as an assistant, anything to get the team motivated and playing again.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
I think going down would be preferable to that oaf being anywhere near our club!

I’d take anyone who’d give us a chance of staying up, we’ve got virtually none. I wonder if [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] took the 11-1 on relegation he mentioned. Free money

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Erik ten Hag.
Marcello Gallardo.
Ivan Leko.
Florian Kohfeldt.
Danny Cowley.
Daniel Farke.
Marcelo Bielsa.

Numerous coaches, assistant managers and ex-player who are likely to reinvigorate the players and play attacking football.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Some of us have seen this implosion ready to happen most of the season, if not all of it. A couple of flukey wins and talks of a top 8 finish were being talked about. Our football last seadon was dreadful to watch most of the time but we stayed up. This year we have got worse. Clearly Hughton is not good enough at this level.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here