Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Has he gone yet?

Setting the team talk agenda for tomorrow morning:

We was up against a dynamic Cardiff

Well done for keeping it to 2 nil

More of the same on Saturday and we'll be fine

Another shot on target great effort guys, well done.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just a fresh start, whoever the board choose.

I’ve defended CH until tonight, but now I’d love the independent view of a new manager on each of the squad. With no emotional ties, they would highlight the chaff, the snails, the weak to the Board.

That review needs to be fearless and very soon.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Players need motivating to do their job? We have the wrong players! Piling all the blame on CH is just so easy isn’t it and we have seen how numerous sackings have worked in the past. All very well when it’s not your money paying off the managers you want sacked. We ain’t going down that route IMO.

I had hoped it would be a few years before we turned into Charlton, not satisfied with Prem survival and wanted more.

In our second season where does this thinking come from that we are entitled to be in the Premier League? At the end of the season we will be where we deserve to be
Personally I can’t remember a time when we weren’t involved in either relegation or promotion. Nothing much has changed!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Players need motivating to do their job? We have the wrong players! Piling all the blame on CH is just so easy isn’t it and we have seen how numerous sackings have worked in the past. All very well when it’s not your money paying off the managers you want sacked. We ain’t going down that route IMO.

I had hoped it would be a few years before we turned into Charlton, not satisfied with Prem survival and wanted more.

In our second season where does this thinking come from that we are entitled to be in the Premier League? At the end of the season we will be where we deserve to be
Personally I can’t remember a time when we weren’t involved in either relegation or promotion. Nothing much has changed!

Curbishley kept Charlton competitive in the Premier League for years. We are nowhere near that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I’d take anyone who’d give us a chance of staying up, we’ve got virtually none. I wonder if [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] took the 11-1 on relegation he mentioned. Free money

I did indeed, only a fiver though. Which you'll be pleased to know if you ever checked my betting account, has pretty much all but guaranteed our safety.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

What has changed is that Hughton has been found out by every manager of a relegation hovering team we have played against for the last month. He is not motivating the players and has no clue how to set up a team to attack when the pressure is on at this level. Is it 5 shots on target in 5 games now? Totally unacceptable against teams below or around you in the League. Just consider the teams we have been losing to at home without looking remotely like being able to beat any of them or even score against them.

I don’t think Bloom will sack him though but I’d get shot tonight and get someone in who might invigorate the squad and bring some fresh ideas. We are down if he stays, we have an outside chance of a few points with fresh blood on a short term contract to the end of the season.

We are currently a complete embarrassment to watch once we go a goal down.

I said after Saturday I’d keep him if we went down and replace him if we stayed up. I now think we have to replace him to give us any chance at all of staying up.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The fact so many people are advocating David Wagner means I just can't take any of this seriously. Sure, he did great to get Huddersfield into the top flight (like Hughton, with us).

But after the first flush of enthusiasm following promotion, the football they played was ultra-defensive and dreadful, with some terrible signings and he set them on their way to relegation.

And this guy's the sort of 'saviour' we're seeking? Seriously?

Personally, I'd prefer the players to get their heads together, stop looking to anyone else for excuses and pull together for the final push that they OWE Chris Hughton. He deserves that respect whether or not they are keen on his tactics (that kept them up last year). Get the job done, save the season, reassess.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Who would you get in that would be a better prospect of taking us up (if we do go down)?
I hate it when people spout this nonsense. It's not our responsibility to find the next manager. Southampton seemed to unearth a pretty good option as have numerous other teams over the years. Hughton has proved he's not good enough and it's up to Bloom to find better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here