Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For the Hughton out brigade

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Can't understand this 'love in ' for 'Chrissy'.
Whatever happens, the thought of him in charge next season is a thoroughly depressing one!
Take the rose tinteds off!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Good luck to them . A decent result. But come off it. Burnley scored 2 goals (great finish from Hendricks and great bit of finishing from Ashley Barnes) from two set pieces where they rival er, us in the goals per set piece stakes. But a lot of forward and attacking play or box to box counter attacking ?
And yep, they definitely had players working hard because they had only 23% possession , and gave the ball away a lot (59% pass accuracy).

I admire your unrequited love for Hughton and his version of The Albion. I wish I was as loyal and forgiving. Honestly. That's not being insulting.

Remind us how we did against Chelsea. Don't worry, I'll do it:

31% Possession
3 Shots
1 Shot on target
1 Corner

No goals

I'll take Burnley's stats any day.

Especially the 2 goals.

And the way they tried to counter attack.

We are simply horrible to watch right now. Horrible.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
61-Ly68ZwDL._SL1000_.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Where's the Match day thread?

Come on Brighton.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Nearly ran it all the way against European semi finalists. Well done, Chris.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
I would love for CH to keep us up and now he is obviously here for the rest of the season he has my support.That however does not mean that I would not like a new man in charge next season.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I admire your unrequited love for Hughton and his version of The Albion. I wish I was as loyal and forgiving. Honestly. That's not being insulting.

Remind us how we did against Chelsea. Don't worry, I'll do it:

31% Possession
3 Shots
1 Shot on target
1 Corner

No goals

I'll take Burnley's stats any day.

Especially the 2 goals.

And the way they tried to counter attack.

We are simply horrible to watch right now. Horrible.

Burnley......another team of tough , largely hgp's with a siege mentality in built ........we are pissing in the wind with a few of our current players , if we stay up then a sharp elevation in desire and grit is required from a few of them .....and the loss of a few kilos is also required by a couple.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Saturday :
Wolves v Albion - ugliest ever 0-0 draw
Check

Sunday :
Liverpool beat Cardiff Check

Tuesday :
Spurs beat Albion Check

Saturday :
Fulham against all the odds beat Cardiff

and then in the late kick off...

Albion pull one decent performance out from somewhere and beat Newcastle.

***Happy Days***

Hold The Nerve

Another tick on the Checklist of Fate.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Nearly ran it all the way against European semi finalists. Well done, Chris.

I admire your loyalty to Chris Hughton, but you must see that he is out of his depth now, surely? 11 hours without a Premier League goal, 6 shots on target in 6 matches. I had to travel home with Spurs fans last night and they were embarrassed for us.

Chris is a lovely, honest and honourable guy, but he is not a Premier League quality manager. He is an excellent coach of defenders, but lacks the offensive nous to cut it at this level.

Regardless of how this season finishes for us, Chris has to go.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We have become total anti football under Hughton this season and must be up there with some of the worst prem teams to watch in history.

If we stay up somehow I'd definitely bring in a new manager. Ironically if we do go down then I think I'd be inclined to give him until Xmas as he's proven there really aren't many better at getting teams up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We no longer look or play like a Premier League team and haven’t for months now :shrug:

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
We no longer look or play like a Premier League team and haven’t for months now :shrug:

A well drilled league 2 team could do what we are at the moment.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A well drilled league 2 team could do what we are at the moment.

I've had a few hours sleep and I was, like everyone, gutted with the result after making my way back from the game last night.
Not sure , however frustrated and worried about where we are, that my first conclusion on Dunk, Duffy, Ryan, Gross, etc last night - was this is like watching Tranmere or Exeter City. Can't we tone down the hyrerbole a bit ?

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
I've had a few hours sleep and I was, like everyone, gutted with the result after making my way back from the game last night.
Not sure , however frustrated and worried about where we are, that my first conclusion on Dunk, Duffy, Ryan, Gross, etc last night - was this is like watching Tranmere or Exeter City. Can't we tone down the hyrerbole a bit ?

It's like getting Gordon Ramsey to knock you up some cheese on toast, nice, but nothing a dinner lady couldn't do.

And not something you want to eat every meal.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Last nights result wasn't surprising thinking how much each of their players cost, what did you expect. But the Cardiff and Saints games still haunt............

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's like getting Gordon Ramsey to knock you up some cheese on toast, nice, but nothing a dinner lady couldn't do.

yes. I'm sure you can come up with different analogies and insults directed against the players and Hughton going all morning. Why though ? I'm not sure. But fair enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here