Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Position of clubs compared to transfer spend

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Do you want to chip in your wedge to make up the difference?

What's that got to do with the price of fish? I am merely interpreting the statistics as set out by El Pres.
Anyway, I was around when we all chipped in to buy Bert Murray. Let someone else have a go!:thumbsup::lolol:

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe because the football is seen by many to be dire, sterile, boring and predictable?

Last season, and possibly this season, it kept a clearly bottom 3 club (El Pres states financial facts) up. We should’ve dropped with Hudd, Swansea and (hopefully) Cardiff.

TB has bankrolled these first two seasons in a very prudent way (who can blame him), compared to almost all the opposition, so it’s no surprise that our first team ain’t much cop when we play teams bursting with quality.

Whether CH is sacked in the summer or not, it can never be held against him that he had a top 17 budget ... he patently didn’t.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Last season, and possibly this season, it kept a clearly bottom 3 club (El Pres states financial facts) up. We should’ve dropped with Hudd, Swansea and (hopefully) Cardiff.

TB has bankrolled these first two seasons in a very prudent way (who can blame him), compared to almost all the opposition, so it’s no surprise that our first team ain’t much cop when we play teams bursting with quality.

Whether CH is sacked in the summer or not, it can never be held against him that he had a top 17 budget ... he patently didn’t.

I think we will win tonight( famous last words) and stay up.
I am not a Hughton hater, ( I reserve that for Brian Clough!!) but I am in the camp that believes he has his limitations as a Prem manager, regardless of budget.
Whatever happens, I wish him well.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

I’m not too sure how much of a say CH has in spending the budget. I get the impression that he’s given a list of players who meet the club’s criteria and has the last say, which could be the best of a bad job. Certainly the most recent major spends have been disappointing - I suspect thatCH is as disappointed as us but isn’t in a position to comment.

As for you feeling relaxed - I must get some of the pills you must be on! :thumbsup:

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
ManU and Arsenal fans moan that their income is from arm’s length genuine trading, whereas ManC have cheated with commercial income at extraordinary levels from connected parties. I think they complain the most, because before Mansour started this 11 years ago, they had a fair crack at silverware and won stuff, so have been the worst affected by the cheating.

Good point, how did Manure get such a strong Asian following in the first place which I know is a huge amount of their at arms length income? I really dont know that and would be interested if anyone knows

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m not too sure how much of a say CH has in spending the budget. I get the impression that he’s given a list of players who meet the club’s criteria and has the last say, which could be the best of a bad job. Certainly the most recent major spends have been disappointing - I suspect thatCH is as disappointed as us but isn’t in a position to comment.

As for you feeling relaxed - I must get some of the pills you must be on! :thumbsup:

I’m punch drunk with all our home losses.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good point, how did Manure get such a strong Asian following in the first place which I know is a huge amount of their at arms length income? I really dont know that and would be interested if anyone knows

Sky TV coverage when they won trophies, plus their chief execs were light years ahead on overseas marketing in the 90’s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here